{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Beano » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:36 pm

spireite_uk wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:you'd have to go a long way to see a game as low on quality as that. I watched Woking vs Chelmsford from Vanarama South earlier in the afternoon and that was infinitely higher on quality. I think Chesterfield will have enough to stay up, probably. But only just. The reliance on Muggleton's long throws to Denton was staggering. 15 of them I think they said in commentary.

We've got the worst ownership of any club existing today, we've got a totally disinterested and disillusioned fan base, we've got another inept manager and have recruited horribly. And you expect us to be better than this? Do I understand that correctly? This club is going to have all on avoiding a 3rd straight relegation, and it's all down to those at the top. After you're own past situations, you might understand what I mean

Go back to the date of our relegation and check out Bobs bored

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:37 pm

die hirsche wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Not really - Haslam did much worse things than Allen.

Name 2.

Now your trolling :roll:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:40 pm

Beano wrote:
die hirsche wrote:

Name 2.

Just ignore
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Admiral Sook » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:13 pm

spireite_uk wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:you'd have to go a long way to see a game as low on quality as that. I watched Woking vs Chelmsford from Vanarama South earlier in the afternoon and that was infinitely higher on quality. I think Chesterfield will have enough to stay up, probably. But only just. The reliance on Muggleton's long throws to Denton was staggering. 15 of them I think they said in commentary.

We've got the worst ownership of any club existing today, we've got a totally disinterested and disillusioned fan base, we've got another inept manager and have recruited horribly. And you expect us to be better than this? Do I understand that correctly? This club is going to have all on avoiding a 3rd straight relegation, and it's all down to those at the top. After you're own past situations, you might understand what I mean

Surely you understand why we gloat though?
Since our 5-2 defeat in the play off semi you've lauded it big time.
We had no answer, our owner loved our demise as much as you. It's taken a generation for us to get back to even normality. I'm 50 now but in my youth we were very even. You never had this Billy big bo**ocks attitude towards us then. That irritates fans at my age. You all think you're bigger than you are (bigger than Luton) but you're really not. We've now got an owner that wants the best for us and you've got an owner that actually supports you financially but has an end game that nobody can work out. Karma has worked overtime here, bless her, but she understands her role. I'd never wish your demise but I do want you to suffer non league a while before you eventually come back. COYS!!
Admiral Sook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:54 am

Jam it up your hoop, Sheep Worriers
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:41 am

we hate Spireites & we hate Spireites
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:53 am

yorkshire stag wrote:we hate Spireites & we hate Spireites

Scintillating
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:46 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Scintillating

who cares what you think ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:56 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Scintillating

who cares what you think ?

Couldn’t possibly say
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:21 pm

die hirsche wrote:

Name 2.

Are you for real?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Beano wrote:

I'm not.
Haslam was a greedy dick but I think Allen is sinister.

The allegation that Allen sent heavies round to a committed fan's place of work to warn him off asking questions about how the club was being run trumps anything Haslam did, for me anyway.

Of course, these are just allegations and the honourable business man Allen almost definitley had nothing to do with it.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:29 pm

die hirsche wrote:
Beano wrote:

I'm not.
Haslam was a greedy dick but I think Allen is sinister.

The allegation that Allen sent heavies round to a committed fan's place of work to warn him off asking questions about how the club was being run trumps anything Haslam did, for me anyway.

Of course, these are just allegations and the honourable business man Allen almost definitley had nothing to do with it.

Haslam just set the local MP on people.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby spireite_uk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Admiral Sook wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:

We had no answer, our owner loved our demise as much as you. It's taken a generation for us to get back to even normality. I'm 50 now but in my youth we were very even. You never had this Billy big bo**ocks attitude towards us then. That irritates fans at my age. You all think you're bigger than you are (bigger than Luton) but you're really not. We've now got an owner that wants the best for us and you've got an owner that actually supports you financially but has an end game that nobody can work out. Karma has worked overtime here, bless her, but she understands her role. I'd never wish your demise but I do want you to suffer non league a while before you eventually come back. COYS!!

To be fair, since our move to the new stadium we've had a lot to laud. We won the L2 title a few times, had a few trips to Wembley, had the best squad this club has ever assembled and were a hairs breath away from reaching the Championship. All whilst always playing attractive, passing football. The squad with Roberts, Clucas, Morsy, Ryan, Darikwa, Cooper etc etc man, what a side. However even in those years, something didn't feel right. Where was all the money going? Like I say, we won titles, won a trophy at Wembley and sold over £4m worth of players. But the club kept reporting losses? Then when Paul Cook asked for a bit of extra support to reach the Championship, he was told 'No, and by the way we're selling this whole side you've put together'. Since then, it's all been a huge downward spiral the likes of which I don't think I've seen in professional sport, and it's horribly sad. I think even if I wasn't a Chesterfield fan, I'd find this horrible to witness. Even when we were winning, something didn't feel right, but winning games tends to make people look elsewhere doesn't it? Our current problems are so deep-seated, it's impossible to see where it's going to end. Even if some rich benefactor comes in and offers to buy the club, I guarantee Allen will ask for far more money than it's worth and put them off. So who knows what his end game is? Over the last year or two, it seems to have been to try and find a buyer even more horrible than he is just so he can say 'See, this is what you wanted, the grass isn't always greener is it?', he's that much of a vindictive old man I wouldn't put it past him. Rivalry or not, the demise of a football club this badly should never happen.
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:57 pm

spireite_uk wrote:
Admiral Sook wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:

To be fair, since our move to the new stadium we've had a lot to laud. We won the L2 title a few times, had a few trips to Wembley, had the best squad this club has ever assembled and were a hairs breath away from reaching the Championship. All whilst always playing attractive, passing football. The squad with Roberts, Clucas, Morsy, Ryan, Darikwa, Cooper etc etc man, what a side. However even in those years, something didn't feel right. Where was all the money going? Like I say, we won titles, won a trophy at Wembley and sold over £4m worth of players. But the club kept reporting losses? Then when Paul Cook asked for a bit of extra support to reach the Championship, he was told 'No, and by the way we're selling this whole side you've put together'. Since then, it's all been a huge downward spiral the likes of which I don't think I've seen in professional sport, and it's horribly sad. I think even if I wasn't a Chesterfield fan, I'd find this horrible to witness. Even when we were winning, something didn't feel right, but winning games tends to make people look elsewhere doesn't it? Our current problems are so deep-seated, it's impossible to see where it's going to end. Even if some rich benefactor comes in and offers to buy the club, I guarantee Allen will ask for far more money than it's worth and put them off. So who knows what his end game is? Over the last year or two, it seems to have been to try and find a buyer even more horrible than he is just so he can say 'See, this is what you wanted, the grass isn't always greener is it?', he's that much of a vindictive old man I wouldn't put it past him. Rivalry or not, the demise of a football club this badly should never happen.

Absolutely.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:04 pm

My heart bleeds... I'm sure during our struggles with Halsam, most spireites laughed at our troubles. I also remember you lot telling us, many times, how amazing Allen was. Funny how things turn out.

I would just point out to stags fans that this shower are a great example of what happens when things sour. As amazing as JR has been and will hopefully continue to be, he does have our club by the balls. Millions of debt and ownership of the ground. We should always question what happens at the club, in a sensible way. Always keep a keen eye on finances and off the pitch stuff. You never know, as the sheep over the road are showing, how things will end up.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby spireite_uk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Jamie wrote:My heart bleeds... I'm sure during our struggles with Halsam, most spireites laughed at our troubles. I also remember you lot telling us, many times, how amazing Allen was. Funny how things turn out.

I would just point out to stags fans that this shower are a great example of what happens when things sour. As amazing as JR has been and will hopefully continue to be, he does have our club by the balls. Millions of debt and ownership of the ground. We should always question what happens at the club, in a sensible way. Always keep a keen eye on finances and off the pitch stuff. You never know, as the sheep over the road are showing, how things will end up.

Absolutely, and a good point. You seem to be in safe hands and I'm jealous of the fact you have a good owner with deep pockets who genuinely seems to love the club - but be flipping diligent. There's probably an element of 'once bitten, twice shy' about your situation as well. My judgement of Radford is that you're in safe hands, but your fortunes are exactly aligned with his. What happens if his business hits the buffers.
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amberheart » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:45 pm

RudyDude wrote:Because you're once, twice, three times relegated …
We're way above you-oo
We're way above you-oo

:D :mtfc: :D

:lol: :lol:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:52 pm

spireite_uk wrote:
Admiral Sook wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:

Go and cry on someone else's shoulder sheep molester.

Every one of you loved it and sang his name when we had a two hat for an owner. Loads of you loved coming on here giving it the Billy big balls. You're getting exactly what you deserve and everyone over here on the civilised side of the M1 is loving it.

The only disagreement about you we have over here is just how far down we want you to fall. Some would be happy with another relegation, I call them lilly livered lefties. Others want you playing AFC Mansfield, they're just too caring. Me I want you gone, out of existence and never to be spoken of again.

Now be a good lad and go get your brother off your sister, it's your turn.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby spireite_uk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Big yella wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:
Admiral Sook wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:

Every one of you loved it and sang his name when we had a two hat for an owner. Loads of you loved coming on here giving it the Billy big balls. You're getting exactly what you deserve and everyone over here on the civilised side of the M1 is loving it.

The only disagreement about you we have over here is just how far down we want you to fall. Some would be happy with another relegation, I call them lilly livered lefties. Others want you playing AFC Mansfield, they're just too caring. Me I want you gone, out of existence and never to be spoken of again.

Totally unnecessary, but if you feel comfortable acting like that, then good luck to you.
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:01 pm

spireite_uk wrote:
Big yella wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:
Admiral Sook wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:

Totally unnecessary, but if you feel comfortable acting like that, then good luck to you.

Boo hoo!!
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby spireite_uk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:10 pm

Big yella wrote:Boo hoo!!

I was hoping for some sensible discussion. I've said nothing derogative about your club at all. Mansfield fans seem to feel Chesterfield fans rubbed it in their faces when they went down, but then here you guys are doing exactly the same? I genuinely don't understand. I can only speak for myself, and I only hoped that Mansfield would get rid of what was infesting them and come back stronger, which is exactly what happened gladly. Mansfield having been through the mire and survived, I thought might give you some sympathy and compassion for clubs in a similar (or, worse) plight. Not having that strikes me of someone who bravely survived cancer, laughing away on the ward at another cancer sufferer.
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:16 pm

it’s a real shame and makes football fans of this great club shed a tear for you lot, if there is anything we can do, just let us know ?

Said nobody in the world ever

i hope you never come back, cheating six fingered bent church sheep lovers
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spireite_uk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:25 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:it’s a real shame and makes football fans of this great club shed a tear for you lot, if there is anything we can do, just let us know ?

It must be incredibly tiring being this bitter, no? I don't think you speak for most fans when you say 'hope you never come back' though. Nobody truly wants another club to disappear. Is it so impossible to have some sensible discussion? I've made a point of saying nothing negative or inflammatory, and you think it's OK to act like that.
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:28 pm

spireite_uk wrote:

I was hoping for some sensible discussion. I've said nothing derogative about your club at all. Mansfield fans seem to feel Chesterfield fans rubbed it in their faces when they went down, but then here you guys are doing exactly the same? I genuinely don't understand. I can only speak for myself, and I only hoped that Mansfield would get rid of what was infesting them and come back stronger, which is exactly what happened gladly. Mansfield having been through the mire and survived, I thought might give you some sympathy and compassion for clubs in a similar (or, worse) plight. Not having that strikes me of someone who bravely survived cancer, laughing away on the ward at another cancer sufferer.
yorkshire stag wrote:it’s a real shame and makes football fans of this great club shed a tear for you lot, if there is anything we can do, just let us know ?

Beginning to get the message, now get your wellies on those sheep need bothering.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby spireite_uk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Big yella wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:

Beginning to get the message, now get your wellies on those sheep need bothering.

I bet you're a hit with the ladies.
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum