{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 pm

chambta wrote:Once.

Ever.

What a grim statistic.

Get a grip of yourself Chumpers.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:42 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Ever.

What a grim statistic.

All in good time. The night is yet early.

To save me looking up that 2002/3 season Edders, how did it end for our respective clubs?

It was a while ago.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:57 pm

chambta wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Ever.

What a grim statistic.

To save me looking up that 2002/3 season Edders, how did it end for our respective clubs?

It was a while ago.

So we sold out the time we took 2300 (and won) and we sold out the last time we visited (and won)

So without looking you've already been proven wrong.

Cool
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:24 pm

adamstag wrote:
chambta wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Ever.

What a grim statistic.

It was a while ago.

So we sold out the time we took 2300 (and won) and we sold out the last time we visited (and won)

Cool

You saying it isn't 'proof'. That's not how it works.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt though as relatively speaking you seem coherent (in this company).

So, back to how that season ended? I'm sure one of us got relegated but I can't for the life of me recall which of us.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:27 pm

chambta wrote:
adamstag wrote:
chambta wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Ever.

What a grim statistic.

It was a while ago.

Cool

I will give you the benefit of the doubt though as relatively speaking you seem coherent (in this company).

So, back to how that season ended? I'm sure one of us got relegated but I can't for the life of me recall which of us.

I think one of us is going to get relegated this season...and I don't think it will be us ;)
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:40 pm

chambta wrote:
adamstag wrote:
chambta wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Ever.

What a grim statistic.

It was a while ago.

Cool

It's the biggest mistake Haslam made. We were promoted the season by fluke as his cost cutting reduced billy dearden to play kids, accidently as produced the best set of lads we've seen in a good few years. Had he invested that season we'd have been happily midtable on crowds that were 5000 odd and been creaming off money without people noticing.

A lot of Mansfield folk are looking at you boys ATM knowing just what's going on. Whether you were or weren't one of those mocking Mansfield being taken to the cleaners by Haslam in those desperate years, some Chesterfield fans are seeing the chickens come home to roost.

As for that fateful season in league 1, we finished in 23rd. One place and one league above where you currently sit
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Ill enjoy my lovely cold dish of revenge the day you horrible lot get relegated and taken further toward the brink of no return.

'Haslam who?' We'll ask.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:48 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Ill enjoy my lovely cold dish of revenge the day you horrible lot get relegated and taken further toward the brink of no return.

'Haslam who?' We'll ask.

We won't get relegated.

You know it, I know it.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:50 pm

chambta wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Ill enjoy my lovely cold dish of revenge the day you horrible lot get relegated and taken further toward the brink of no return.

'Haslam who?' We'll ask.

We won't get relegated.

You know it, I know it.

:lol: famous last words :lol: down the trap door you go :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:57 pm

chambta wrote:

'Haslam who?' We'll ask.

We won't get relegated.

You know it, I know it.

We said that when we were 24th and beat top of the league Peterborough 2-0 on Boxing Day.

If you believe you're good enough not to go down you've lost half the battle.

You're bottom of the football league for a season
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:07 pm

In 07/08 after 17 games we actually had 4 more points after 17 games than t'sheep do now.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:07 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
chambta wrote:

'Haslam who?' We'll ask.

We won't get relegated.

You know it, I know it.

:lol: famous last words :lol: down the trap door you go :lol:

Chesterfield fans are still in the phase, it ain't gonna happen it can't happen. Trust me it can and it will if you continue with your current form.

Don't win against Exeter and the gap will only grow with Barnet playing Port Vale (if there is an outright winner).

A lot of football still to be played, but look over your shoulder you can see Dover desperate for your place in the league. 28 games to save your season, thats assuming you win the 29th ;)
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Hartlepool went down with 46 points last season.

Using that as a guide, Chesterfield need at least another 36 points to equal Hartlepool's total, and where are they going to get that at this moment in time?

They couldn't beat an egg.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:31 am

chambta wrote:

'Haslam who?' We'll ask.

We won't get relegated.

You know it, I know it.

Lol we'll bring this one back in 6 months time.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:50 am

thats what we thought
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:10 am

I also don't think Chesterfield will go down, however, Robs point about Hartlepool makes for grim reading though for them. Of course at the moment they are still on the euphoria of a new managerial appointment, and one I believe is such a great fit for them, but, when that initial surge has died off, the need to grind out results when everyone wants to stay above you is shall we say, a real slog.

Now regarding the dick measuring competition about away followings; quite a few times I've been and there was room for more on the terraces of Saltergate from us, and vice versa.
The only shameful day was of course Haslam giving them the 3 sides, for me a day that will live in infamy. The reasoning was bizarre, and I don't know how many they brought in the end, however there were so many Mansfield fans in the Ian Greaves it was potentially dangerous. No one could sit down in the lower tier as people were stood on the causeway at the front 10 deep, and in the aisles at least 5500 folk.
So then let's turn it on its head this year, hypothetical of course, we sit in the top 6, CFC in the bottom two and confidence at rock bottom. Quite easily we could have two sides of the ground there that day, (I don't count the Bishop St as a holder of many at ours) and embarrass them. But would their chairman do that? Probably not as there will never be as greedy and spiteful a man in charge of them as Haslam.

The only real thing that interests me is that we are at least one division above them next year, preferably in League One. If they have to suffer ( in Doomys words, a journey in ripped feet, I do love that one from our author) in the National League, well that's a humorous bonus :lol:
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ST4GS » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:08 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:I also don't think Chesterfield will go down, however, Robs point about Hartlepool makes for grim reading though for them. Of course at the moment they are still on the euphoria of a new managerial appointment, and one I believe is such a great fit for them, but, when that initial surge has died off, the need to grind out results when everyone wants to stay above you is shall we say, a real slog.

Now regarding the dick measuring competition about away followings; quite a few times I've been and there was room for more on the terraces of Saltergate from us, and vice versa.
The only shameful day was of course Haslam giving them the 3 sides, for me a day that will live in infamy. The reasoning was bizarre, and I don't know how many they brought in the end, however there were so many Mansfield fans in the Ian Greaves it was potentially dangerous. No one could sit down in the lower tier as people were stood on the causeway at the front 10 deep, and in the aisles at least 5500 folk.
So then let's turn it on its head this year, hypothetical of course, we sit in the top 6, CFC in the bottom two and confidence at rock bottom. Quite easily we could have two sides of the ground there that day, (I don't count the Bishop St as a holder of many at ours) and embarrass them. But would their chairman do that? Probably not as there will never be as greedy and spiteful a man in charge of them as Haslam.

The only real thing that interests me is that we are at least one division above them next year, preferably in League One. If they have to suffer ( in Doomys words, a journey in ripped feet, I do love that one from our author) in the National League, well that's a humorous bonus :lol:

In 2001 when Chesterfield were flying high and top of the league (or top three at least) they brought 3300 fans (no ticket restrictions) out of a gate of 7800.
That was a good effort but due to our ground design (or lack of design) it meant housing them in two end smaller stands and the Bishop Street as well and packing the home fans in one big stand. In reality if we had a proper away end we could have fit all their fans in one end like when we go to Notts County in numbers.
If come April we are top three we could easily take 3300 to Chesterfield but I doubt they would agree to segregate another end as times have changed (we would no longer do this also)
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:33 am

looks like they may sell out
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby ftybr68 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:50 am

Are the Chesterfield fans snapping up tickets then? If so, perhaps they realise it could be the last time for years and years that they have the chance of visiting Field Mill. If all comes off as we hope, we'll be two leagues apart come next August and wouldn't that be nice?
ftybr68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby chambta » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:30 pm

adamstag wrote:
chambta wrote:

'Haslam who?' We'll ask.

We won't get relegated.

You know it, I know it.

We said that when we were 24th and beat top of the league Peterborough 2-0 on Boxing Day.

If you believe you're good enough not to go down you've lost half the battle.

You're bottom of the football league for a season

I presume you meant to put 'reason' and of course you're right.

We're sh*t. Really sh*t.

But, we're getting better slowly but surely under a manager who, ignoring anything else, is an intelligent and thoughtful man who knows how to go about his business.

We need to pick up points, obviously, starting today and Tuesday. Three points is an absolute minimum requirement. Four would be good, six fantastic although the form lines suggest that isn't likely.

We've been mismanaged from a football point of view for a long time in football terms and it takes a long time to turn that around as Mansfield fans know all too well.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Maybe dropping to the National League will make you realise how low you have sunk? You treated Stags with utter contempt in those days and we have never forgotten it. I will be quite happy to see you consigned to the footballing graveyard for a few years while we continue to develop on and off the pitch.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 pm

chambta wrote:I presume you meant to put 'reason' and of course you're right.

We're sh*t. Really sh*t.

But, we're getting better slowly but surely under a manager who, ignoring anything else, is an intelligent and thoughtful man who knows how to go about his business.

We need to pick up points, obviously, starting today and Tuesday. Three points is an absolute minimum requirement. Four would be good, six fantastic although the form lines suggest that isn't likely.

We've been mismanaged from a football point of view for a long time in football terms and it takes a long time to turn that around as Mansfield fans know all too well.

And what are you basing that on? He did alright with the Forest youth, but he has absolutely no experience at management at this level, let alone the experience in a dog fight at the bottom.

I've lived in Chesterfield for about 4 years now and I work here too, the Spireites at work talk about how you're playing good football but just not getting the points, a lot of those are misty eyed that Jack Lester has returned to the club, holding his goalscoring record and club status as a key reason for saying he is a good manager. We thought the same with Adam Murray....we wanted Richie Barker as our manager many times, he's managed clubs at this level fairly unsuccessfully. In my opinion you'd have been better off appointing somebody like Ronnie Moore for the short term. He knows the division and has recently guided Hartlepool away from the drop after they looked dead and buried. Lester might have you playing nice silky football, but games are fast running out....
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby chambta » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:01 pm

Ben Superstag wrote:
chambta wrote:I presume you meant to put 'reason' and of course you're right.

We're sh*t. Really sh*t.

And what are you basing that on? He did alright with the Forest youth, but he has absolutely no experience at management at this level, let alone the experience in a dog fight at the bottom.

I've lived in Chesterfield for about 4 years now and I work here too, the Spireites at work talk about how you're playing good football but just not getting the points, a lot of those are misty eyed that Jack Lester has returned to the club, holding his goalscoring record and club status as a key reason for saying he is a good manager. We thought the same with Adam Murray....we wanted Richie Barker as our manager many times, he's managed clubs at this level fairly unsuccessfully. In my opinion you'd have been better off appointing somebody like Ronnie Moore for the short term. He knows the division and has recently guided Hartlepool away from the drop after they looked dead and buried. Lester might have you playing nice silky football, but games are fast running out....

Firstly, congratulations.

I met a few down the years who've done the same and wouldn't dream of going back. On the flipside I know a poor fella so pussy-whipped that he agreed to live in Mansfield to keep her happy. Enough said.

I'm basing it on what I see and what I hear, nothing more. The only things I can base it on.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby chambta » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:04 pm

london amber stag wrote:Maybe dropping to the National League will make you realise how low you have sunk? You treated Stags with utter contempt in those days and we have never forgotten it. I will be quite happy to see you consigned to the footballing graveyard for a few years while we continue to develop on and off the pitch.

:lol: :lol:
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:15 pm

chambta wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Maybe dropping to the National League will make you realise how low you have sunk? You treated Stags with utter contempt in those days and we have never forgotten it. I will be quite happy to see you consigned to the footballing graveyard for a few years while we continue to develop on and off the pitch.

:lol: :lol:

Chesterfield have a decent side on paper but unfortunately they don’t play on paper. Dennis is your only hope ,if he goes in jan goodbye .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum