{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Electronic Cigarettes Banned

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Electronic Cigarettes Banned

Postby Stagnant » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:53 pm

To be fair, the stewards are quite good at distinguishing between some things. For example, they are excellent at distinguishing between those fans that might give them a fair fight; and those that are 13 years old and will be easy to throw out of the ground.
Stagnant
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stag324 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:40 pm

spizz fan wrote:
stag324 wrote:I cannot understand the problem with them being banned.
If you cannot go about 2 hrs without one I think you need some serious medical help.

Some people will find anything to moan about

:D :D :D

i need serious help then :D

To be fair we all do following stags Spizz
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
stag324
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby RickyJ » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:57 pm

To be fair, it'll give the stewards a hard job in being able to justify whether a said person is smoking a real thing or not. I am sure they can tell us not to use the ones with an orange light as that would be confusing!!!
Sarifo, Sarifo, Sarifo!!!
RickyJ
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm a smoker, and going 2 hours without one really isn't that hard. I have one before i go in, and straight after. The only time thats changed is the play-offs last year when i joined a few others and had a crafty one at the back of the QLE. I was actually talking to a women who said she was Boing Boing's mum...

I can see why they've done this. Firstly the way the glow etc, from the front where the stewards are to the back of a section, you probably can't tell the difference. Most good eCigs give a vapor which when you exhale does make it look like your smoking, certainly from a distance anyway.

Secondly, if you in the stand, and a smoker - desperate for one, and you look round and see someone with an eCig it might make you think they are smoking and prompt you to have one to...

It does seem a bit ott, but then again when health and safety is concerned this country is a joke, but we all know that already so i'm really not shocked they've done this.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby cornish stag » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:53 pm

I'm not a smoker but a good friend of mine has an ecig which doesn't even resemble a fag. For starters its black, on a chain round his neck, and the mouthpiece is clear.
The way he 'smokes' it more resembles him suckin a lollipop, with the whole unit in his hand, with the mouthpiece at the top of his closed fist poking up.
If u held a regular ee garette (nice) in the same way, and it was a cold day, or night, surely it would be impossible to see the difference between vapour and someone's breath.
It would also eliminate confusion between different lights comin out at the end.
In my experience its easy to see the difference between vape and smoke, as vape dissipates quickly, like your breath while smoke doesn't, plus vape rarely smells, and when it does, it smells nothing like tobacco.
cornish stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby russian spy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:26 pm

I think they should ban the pies too, Even at close up I can't tell what's in them.
russian spy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:42 pm

russian spy wrote:I think they should ban the pies too, Even at close up I can't tell what's in them.

DNA testing could be enlightening.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum