{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

What is impressing you the most...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

What is impressing you the most...

Postby Lord Rampy Ramps » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:59 pm

...About the team right now?

There's plenty to be impressed about, but for me it's the determination & mental strength they are showing. Tonight you just knew we would score at some point & when we did it was game over.
I expressed with my full capabilities, & now I’m living in correctional facilities…
Lord Rampy Ramps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: What is impressing you the most...

Postby thon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:01 am

Lord Rampy Ramps wrote:...About the team right now?

There's plenty to be impressed about, but for me it's the determination & mental strength they are showing. Tonight you just knew we would score at some point & when we did it was fame over.

for Grimsby, joining Luton in that, presumably? :D
thon

Postby Lord Rampy Ramps » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:02 am

Damn you! I was correcting it as you posted! Haha!
I expressed with my full capabilities, & now I’m living in correctional facilities…
Lord Rampy Ramps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby AdamAborigine » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:02 am

I'd say the same, they're determined and their mentality seems second to none. I honestly thought we'd get carried away at some point, but our feet are on the floor and our heads are in it.

Plus, I'm amazed that we keep getting results against some of the hardest teams lately. Brilliant.
AdamAborigine
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby sw19stag » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:07 am

There's plenty to be impressed about, but for me it's the determination & mental strength they are showing. Tonight you just knew we would score at some point & when we did it was game over.

Bang on. Same last week at Woking.
They equalised but you KNEW we'd be back.
And we were. Great belief and an indomitable spirit.

We should fear no one now.
If we're going to win this league, lets just get on with it and do it.
Bring 'em on!!!
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:08 am

It's the strength for me we are a bit sloppy at times but only expected at this level but in previous years we would have crumbled last ten tonight.

When we need people to stand up we get them. Jones, Dempster, Murray and Marriott where fantastic in the last ten minutes tonight.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:17 am

Marriott is on great form at the minute, he can be relied on even if the defence hasn't had the best of games (i.e. tonight)

Overall though it has to be the huge amount of work the players put in all the way from kick-off to the final whistle.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby mtfstag » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 am

The stubbornness for me, becoming hard to beat. There's a massive high in camp, all the signs of champions!!

COYS
mtfstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby lifestags » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:23 am

The winning mentality we have is amazing at the moment
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Johan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:07 am

I was really impressed with Lindon's interview after the game on Saturday. When asked if he was thinking about winning the league, straight away he answered "I'm thinking about playing against Grimsby on Tuesday". If that represents the attitude of our squad then they are all in the right frame of mind.
Johan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby londonstag74 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:35 am

Yes, motivation, determination, desire.And the feet on the ground attitude.
Well done Mr Coxy.
londonstag74
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 am

with the exception of mazza i reckon we could replace a player from last nights starting 11 with another player without weakening the team too much . fully expecting replies about jennings , chapman or other players but i talking about spirit , character and momentum being able to carry a weak link .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:34 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:with the exception of mazza i reckon we could replace a player from last nights starting 11 with another player without weakening the team too much . fully expecting replies about jennings , chapman or other players but i talking about spirit , character and momentum being able to carry a weak link .

In general youre probably right, not sure who would take the role Green plays throughout a game though.
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:43 pm

I'd suggest that over the last 2-3 weeks we've played games where we've not been firing on all cylinders yet are still pulling the full 3pts out of the fire.

Even when we go 65 mins without troubling the opposition goal (like last night), you know that we have the ability to still win a game.

We are dogged and determined, and always look like bagging. I'm thinking that 90pts should be enough to take the title. That's mean 6 wins and a draw over our 10 games, and with home games against Macc, Nuneaton, Gateshead, and away to Tamworth, Braintree, Barrow etc, these are just the sort of games where we are making the points tally count.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:47 pm

victor A block wrote:
one f in mansfield wrote:with the exception of mazza i reckon we could replace a player from last nights starting 11 with another player without weakening the team too much . fully expecting replies about jennings , chapman or other players but i talking about spirit , character and momentum being able to carry a weak link .

In general youre probably right, not sure who would take the role Green plays throughout a game though.

green has scored 1 of the last 8 goals . my first choice striker but i reckon we could scrape by without him for a game or two
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum