{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Attendance today

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Attendance today

Postby parkstag1966 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:16 am

Scothie the Stag wrote:
parkstag1966 wrote:
Gary MTFC wrote:With Grimsby on Tuesday some people can't afford to go both, me being one. So I choose to not go today and will be attending Tuesday instead.

Does £16 quid really make that much of a difference?

Not trying to be belittle anyone, but come on, £16 and a few drinks?

Mr Radford, PC and the lads must wonder what they really have to do?

Based on the run we are on, I can't believe people are thinking like this!

Give up your Sky subscription or something? Cut out the fags etc?

....or a third of a (basic) weekly shop for family of 4.....

Not saying it (quite) that bad for me, but it might be for some.....

I sort of understand what you are saying, but I'm still struggling to understand why people can't find a few quid to get to the games?...A third of basic shop for a family of 4?...£16 quid?

I'm really not trying to be a git, but I think its a pretty poor excuse, the club are not charging the earth for entry are they? :oops:
parkstag1966
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:27 am

As said before, it would have been over 3k had we not had Grimsby tuesday

If you can only afford one game out of the two, this is obviously the one you'd choose
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:30 am

parkstag1966 wrote:
Scothie the Stag wrote:
parkstag1966 wrote:
Gary MTFC wrote:With Grimsby on Tuesday some people can't afford to go both, me being one. So I choose to not go today and will be attending Tuesday instead.

I sort of understand what you are saying, but I'm still struggling to understand why people can't find a few quid to get to the games?...A third of basic shop for a family of 4?...£16 quid?

I'm really not trying to be a git, but I think its a pretty poor excuse, the club are not charging the earth for entry are they? :oops:

Compared to other clubs, no, but the price of lower-league football in general has put people off.

I think we'll see on Tuesday that the support is still there. Hopefully 3.5-4K
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:37 am

parkstag1966 wrote:
Scothie the Stag wrote:
parkstag1966 wrote:

Wow, have you not got a family or lucky to have a half decent paid job, genuine question, would really like to know?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby parkstag1966 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:37 am

I'm not condeming anyone Adam, I'm just saying it must be a priority thing I suppose?

Personally, I have no intererest in Sky Tv, and I don't smoke or drink etc, and I live well within walking distance of the ground.

So its down to personal choice I guess?

I just think its a genuine shame, that some good, real die in the woods Stags lads won't be able to look back, in years to come, and say " I was there!"

This season is turning into history in the making.

Lets all try to do our little bit to be part if it!

:mtfc:
parkstag1966
First Team
First Team

Postby parkstag1966 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:41 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
parkstag1966 wrote:
Scothie the Stag wrote:
parkstag1966 wrote:

Wow, have you not got a family or lucky to have a half decent paid job, genuine question, would really like to know?

Yes, I have a family.

I'm a believer, and luckily enough for me, the good Lord provides. Thats all that I can say.
parkstag1966
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:49 am

Parky I think you're bang out of order, if you aren't struggling yourself you really have no right to tell other people, some of whom are living on next to nothing, how to spend what little spare money they may have.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:50 am

I guess for those of us who have season tickets we are lucky, but I dare say when you take into account the odd beer, a programme pie etc, the game is £30 - that twice in a week is quite a lot.

I think its a genuine shame the attendance was as low as it was, but not surprising.

I'd be a bit peeved if we didn't get 3,000 home fans against grimsby - that really would be poor
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby JAMES2001 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:51 am

I was told off for saying the crowd was low but looks like there are many who agree with my opinion
JAMES2001
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby eggy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:55 am

JAMES2001 wrote:I was told off for saying the crowd was low but looks like there are many who agree with my opinion

Actually you said it was pathetic.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby parkstag1966 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Jamie wrote:Parky I think you're bang out of order, if you aren't struggling yourself you really have no right to tell other people, some of whom are living on next to nothing, how to spend what little spare money they may have.

I'm merely pointing out that we each have our priorities Jamie.

Some people that are struggling, still find money for cigarettes, Sky Tv, booze etc...I choose to spend my spare cash watching The Stags.

I, like many others, would have hoped for a bigger crowd yesterday.

Lets hope we get a better turn out on Tuesday!

parkstag1966
First Team
First Team

Postby JAMES2001 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:11 pm

Agree with parkstag.i have done loads of extra chores and asked gran for an advance on my birthday money so i can go to the next 3 games. Its about sackrifices
JAMES2001
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Nidge » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:Last week v Telford 2,725 (67) = 2,658 home fans

Today 2,628 (196) = 2,432 home fans

Despite the run we are on we managed to attract over 200 less home fans today

That must frustrate the manager and the players and I would imagine Mr Radford would be disappointed too

Ermmmm 90's weekend at Butlins in Skeg, it's killed the weekend pub trade round here this weekend.
Nidge
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Nidge wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:Last week v Telford 2,725 (67) = 2,658 home fans

Today 2,628 (196) = 2,432 home fans

Despite the run we are on we managed to attract over 200 less home fans today

That must frustrate the manager and the players and I would imagine Mr Radford would be disappointed too

Ermmmm 90's weekend at Butlins in Skeg, it's killed the weekend pub trade round here this weekend.

is this 'how many times can you squeeze the word 'weekend' into a sentence?' :lol:
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:25 pm

90's weekend at Skeggy Butlins is my idea of hell, In fact, I'd sooner burn in hell.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:33 pm

parkstag1966 wrote:I'm not condeming anyone Adam, I'm just saying it must be a priority thing I suppose?

Personally, I have no intererest in Sky Tv, and I don't smoke or drink etc, and I live well within walking distance of the ground.

I just think its a genuine shame, that some good, real die in the woods Stags lads won't be able to look back, in years to come, and say " I was there!"

It was nice of Derek Trotter to make an appearance in the Byron last night! :lol:
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:35 pm

parkstag1966 wrote:

and yet you manage it easily.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby parkstag1966 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Random Hero wrote:
parkstag1966 wrote:I'm not condeming anyone Adam, I'm just saying it must be a priority thing I suppose?

It was nice of Derek Trotter to make an appearance in the Byron last night! :lol:

Mange tout Rodney, mange tout, as they say in Spain!
parkstag1966
First Team
First Team

Postby skeglad » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Rob wrote:90's weekend at Skeggy Butlins is my idea of hell, In fact, I'd sooner burn in hell.

You want to try working the 90's Weekend at Butlins chap...Hell dont even come close...been there...binned it.

But back to topic, at the moment i am on a 16 hour contract which leaves me little or no money for playtime. My good wife works yes but we have 2 kids, rent, gas, electric, food and assorted other bills each and every week, neither of us smoke or drink (we have a few cans a week) and even so we dont have enough money left over for me and the boy to travel up to mansfield (£30 on train, £30ish entrance, food and drinks all add up to well near £100 per match for us) so if people want to call me a plastic fan or less of a fan than them at least they now know a bit more about me.

James2001 and Parkstag are amongst the lucky ones to be able to afford the luxury of going to all the games they want to, some of us unfortunately are not, deal with it and stop sodding whinging at every opportunity at fans less fortunate themselves.

:coys:
There Their They're
skeglad
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby parkstag1966 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:00 pm

I'd guess £100 per game is about the average for most fans, when you take drinks etc into account I suppose?

I don't think anyone is downcrying people, just pointing out it was a disappointing crowd yesterday, and its a shame that more Stags fans are not witnessing what is turning out to be one of our bests seasons in our history.

All I would suggest, is in years to come, those that have missed it, may look back and regret not seeing this run we are on.

I doubt many people on here are starving, more priorities to spend money in other ways, their own choice, so its up to them.

As for you being on a 16 hour weekly contract, I guess thats one of the drawbacks to living in a seasonal town. Although being able to walk on the beach each morning is obviously a very nice thing to be able to do. Personal choice again I guess.
parkstag1966
First Team
First Team

Postby skeglad » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:04 pm

parkstag1966 wrote:I'd guess £100 per game is about the average for most fans, when you take drinks etc into account I suppose?

I don't think anyone is downcrying people, just pointing out it was a disappointing crowd yesterday, and its a shame that more Stags fans are not witnessing what is turning out to be one of our bests seasons in our history.

All I would suggest, is in years to come, those that have missed it, may look back and regret not seeing this run we are on.

I doubt many people on here are starving, more priorities to spend money in other ways, their own choice, so its up to them.

As for you being on a 16 hour weekly contract, I guess thats one of the drawbacks to living in a seasonal town. Although being able to walk on the beach each morning is obviously a very nice thing to be able to do. Personal choice again I guess.

You guess totally and utterly wrong. Would if i could be there every single game home or away but i dont live within walking distance of the ground i dont have parents to sponge off or a Gran to loan me my birthday money so back off with all this personnal choice raspberries, i am finding you to be just a wind up merchant of the top order and shame on me for biting but for gods sake chap give it a rest will ya.
There Their They're
skeglad
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby parkstag1966 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:11 pm

skeglad wrote:
parkstag1966 wrote:I'd guess £100 per game is about the average for most fans, when you take drinks etc into account I suppose?

You guess totally and utterly wrong. Would if i could be there every single game home or away but i dont live within walking distance of the ground i dont have parents to sponge off or a Gran to loan me my birthday money so back off with all this personnal choice raspberries, i am finding you to be just a wind up merchant of the top order and shame on me for biting but for gods sake chap give it a rest will ya.

So its not your choice that you live in a seasonal town?

Not trying to wind anyone up, I just thought that everyone chooses to live, pretty much wherever they want to to?

You used to live in/around Mansfield?...You chose to move to the coast?...Nothing wrong with that, if thats what you want to do.

As I say, personal choice.
parkstag1966
First Team
First Team

Postby Old timer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:19 pm

I was working. Could have left early to go to the footy but I needed the money from the overtime as it went towards my play off (or shopping trip in London) train tickets. I will be there Tuesday as will about 500 more home fans I guess.
Old timer
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:24 pm

See you there Old Timer

Will you be paying or being subsidised? ;-)
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:26 pm

m1cksut wrote:
parkstag1966 wrote:

and yet you manage it easily.

I see Mr perfect is at again. Ignore him parkstag1966, he's a first rate bell-end.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum