{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Big if!!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Big if!!

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 pm

from what I've seen, the top half of the Conference is better than the bottom half of League Two. Teams promoted in recent years from the Conference have tended to do well in League Two (exception AFC Wimbledon), and several have been promoted straight through.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Nidge » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:12 pm

mansfield_smooth wrote:hahaha!! nidge you make me laugh - your a self confessed non-attender so how the hell can you comment on the current squad??

Glad I make you laugh,where do you get this self confessed non-attender from, I've missed a few games this season due to work but not many at all. Were you at Gateshead away, Telford away, Camebridge away, Ebbsfleet away?? Guess not so shut the <removed by Martin> up and get to bed it's school in the morning.
Nidge
Manager
Manager

Postby Nidge » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
mansfield_smooth wrote:hahaha!! nidge you make me laugh - your a self confessed non-attender so how the hell can you comment on the current squad??

Good question. Wonder if <removed by Martin> will answer that one ?

Who rattled your<removed by Martin> ?
Nidge
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Nidge - please stop masked swearing and personal abuse. The same goes to other users. Thanks
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:29 pm

Landsmen Of Wit wrote:When we first dropped to the conference I was shocked at how crap the football was. I dont see any reason why the gap in quality between conference and league 2 will have narrowed since then.

Hmm...I think that the better Conference sides are much superior now. See how Luton fared in the Cup against sides from the Championship and Premier League...and they aren't even a good Conference side. The Stags matched Liverpool over much of their game too, only struggling against a couple of players who are on-form world-class footballers. And we weren't on great form at the time. There's no gap any more.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Bradders wrote:
Landsmen Of Wit wrote:When we first dropped to the conference I was shocked at how crap the football was. I dont see any reason why the gap in quality between conference and league 2 will have narrowed since then.

Hmm...I think that the better Conference sides are much superior now. See how Luton fared in the Cup against sides from the Championship and Premier League...and they aren't even a good Conference side. The Stags matched Liverpool over much of their game too, only struggling against a couple of players who are on-form world-class footballers. And we weren't on great form at the time. There's no gap any more.

Difference is, non-league teams will always be motivated for a glamour cup tie, whereas pampered Premier League players aren't up for a cold, rainy Sunday in Mansfield. :lol: I think games like Swansea-Bradford showed that there is still a big gap to the top, when the big team is up for the game. I don't think there's much between top of Conference/bottom of League 2 though.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby mansfield_smooth » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:03 am

Nidge wrote:

Glad I make you laugh,where do you get this self confessed non-attender from, I've missed a few games this season due to work but not many at all. Were you at Gateshead away, Telford away, Camebridge away, Ebbsfleet away?? Guess not so shut the <removed by Martin> up and get to bed it's school in the morning.

you spout on here and on facebook about you not attending all the time, and as for school im 26 just because your considerably older than me and i dared to question your own statements you have to be petty - unlike you nigel! as for my attendance ive got a season ticket and still dont get to all home games, as for away games - i dont go to many away games as time and money dont allow!

as for the insults haha show your true colours when questioned dont you nidge!!
Together
Everybody
Achieves
More

TEAM - we can all play our parts for all things good for MTFC
mansfield_smooth
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum