{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Player Ratings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Player Ratings

Postby eggy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Mazza 7 - Good when called on
-
Beevers 7 - Worked hard
Jones 6.5 - Solid, unlucky to keep getting called for fouls when attacking
Sutton 6.5 - Solid replacement
Jennings 6.5 - Mixed bag with the set pieces
-
Murray 8 - Soldiered on after getting hurt, very unlucky not to score
Clements 7 - Not bad, although I still don't think he is a holding midfielder
-
Briscoe 6.5 - Worked hard but no end product
Stevenson 6.5 - Again, not much in the way of an end product
Daniel 6.5 - Needs to improve his crossing
-
Green 8 - Worked hard, well taken goal

-

Meikle 6.5 - Not much more of a threat than Briscoe
eggy
Manager
Manager

Re: Player Ratings

Postby Clockworktarzan » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Agree with most of this except Beevers and Clem.
Beevers was close to MOM and, IMO should be 7.5 -8.
Clem, unfortunately............ again, IMO......... put in a decidedly average performance of maybe 6- 6.5.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." - Vinnie Jones
Clockworktarzan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Briscoe, no end product? :shock: Apart from the piledriver shots...
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Clockworktarzan wrote:Agree with most of this except Beevers and Clem.
Beevers was close to MOM and, IMO should be 7.5 -8.
Clem, unfortunately............ again, IMO......... put in a decidedly average performance of maybe 6- 6.5.

The defence was solid, nothing spectacular as they didn't have a lot to do. Beevers did help out down the right wing but I don't think we had more than a couple of threatening crosses (that weren't blocked at source) in the entire game.

Clements is not a holding midfielder, but I felt he was a bit more of a threat than previous games when he played the ball through the middle.

Bradders wrote:Briscoe, no end product? :shock: Apart from the piledriver shots...

I was more on about the lack of crosses getting into the box, but the shots were good (they would have been better if they'd gone in though).
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Stagsnet report and ratings now on site
http://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/v ... easonid=13
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:07 pm

I agree with Martins numbers for once... Other than the skipper, no one really stood out. It was a poor game where we couldn't create much but were solid for the majority of the game.

Clements just doesn't seem to be the player he was before when playing in a 2 with Muzza. I think with Howell he'd be ok and have more freedom, also in a proper 3... But with Muzza being all action and all over the place he has to stay put, be solid, which isn't his position, so instead goes missing a lot. Good player, and important to the squad (especially with Muzza getting on now), but it would of been nice to see Tolley get some minutes today against a weak side, we might need him soon!
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Jamie wrote:I agree with Martins numbers for once... Other than the skipper, no one really stood out. It was a poor game where we couldn't create much but were solid for the majority of the game.

Clements just doesn't seem to be the player he was before when playing in a 2 with Muzza. I think with Howell he'd be ok and have more freedom, also in a proper 3... But with Muzza being all action and all over the place he has to stay put, be solid, which isn't his position, so instead goes missing a lot. Good player, and important to the squad (especially with Muzza getting on now), but it would of been nice to see Tolley get some minutes today against a weak side, we might need him soon!

Didn't create much ? We certainly didn't play that well but had enough chances to win more than one game. We hit the woodwork four times in the first half alone. I think we've been spoilt lately.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:43 pm

I was probably wrong to say we didn't create much, we did... But it didn't feel like there keeper had a special game or make many important saves, we had efforts, long rangers etc and mostly dominated the game and stats, but without really creating too many clear cut chances, IMO, hence the score...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:33 pm

StagsPlayer audio commentary of the winning goal
http://www.stagsnet.net/interviews/Telf ... ar2013.mp3
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Jamie wrote:I was probably wrong to say we didn't create much, we did... But it didn't feel like there keeper had a special game or make many important saves, we had efforts, long rangers etc and mostly dominated the game and stats, but without really creating too many clear cut chances, IMO, hence the score...

Their keeper made some great saves. As you'd expect from a team fighting to stay in the league, their defence did well. Somehow they managed to get in the right place at the right time for important blocks.

However, the stats speak for themselves: Stags with 22 shots, 11 on target. 63% of possession. Normally that would give you a very comfortable win, but today the ball stayed just the wrong side of the line for us. One of those days, but the silver lining was three points thanks to a great solo effort. A lot of silver in that lining!
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:44 am

3 hit the bar 3 times.. didnt create much pffft
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby parkstag1966 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:48 am

The skipper was superb yesterday.

One of the best games I've seen him play.
parkstag1966
First Team
First Team

Postby Wil0211 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:11 am

parkstag1966 wrote:The skipper was superb yesterday.

One of the best games I've seen him play.

He needed to be as he was doing the work for 2 in the centre of the park, carrying the ineffective, uniterested Clements.
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby mattstag14 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:18 am

Don't think Clements deserved a 7. He was awful just puts no effort in whatsoever. Maybe being along side Murray doesn't help his case or trying to fit in Howells boots? But we all know he has talent but he needs to put more in or Tolley or a new midfielder might get his place.
Forget Messi or Ronaldo I'd rather have good honest boys in my team.
mattstag14
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Chander Lear wrote:3 hit the bar 3 times.. didnt create much pffft

All long range speculative efforts, not ones you'd expect us to score from... How many clear cut scoring chances did we actually have? Not many is all I'm saying.

Other then the one on one for greeny, they had the 2nd and 3rd best chances of the game

I can't remember there keeper making many if any good saves.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum