{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Creepy crawley up the leaguey scorefred

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Creepy crawley up the leaguey scorefred

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:40 pm

My pics from today if you want a look: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?van ... 4546634104
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:13 pm

All these super supporters on here, calling out so called trolls, but still less than 500 of us, making the trip to Swindon. What's your excuse?.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:13 pm

It's pay on day. Half the bus I'm on don't have tickets, me included
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:45 pm

Page 3 makes embarrassing reading yet again. If only NC read Stagsnet before picking his team ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:05 pm

Tomwh wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Quinn just put a heavy tackle in. Held my breath for a second there :lol:

Martin is getting very nervous anytime Quinn gets near a tackle :lol: Understandable ofc

And as I write this he gets a stupid yellow

I only saw it once but I thought it was a ridiculous decision from the ref. What was stupid about it in your view?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tomwh » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:09 pm

Dan wrote:
Tomwh wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Quinn just put a heavy tackle in. Held my breath for a second there :lol:

Martin is getting very nervous anytime Quinn gets near a tackle :lol: Understandable ofc

I only saw it once but I thought it was a ridiculous decision from the ref. What was stupid about it in your view?

How strange that after a win you're going through the match thread like this to pick out things you disagree with. It looked a stupid yellow at the time, it's a match thread for discussion during the match. That OK?
Tomwh
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:19 pm

Tomwh wrote:
Dan wrote:
Tomwh wrote:

How strange that after a win you're going through the match thread like this to pick out things you disagree with. It looked a stupid yellow at the time, it's a match thread for discussion during the match. That OK?

Thomas, I always go through the thread when I've finished my photos, is that ok with you?! I asked you a question I wasn't having a go. Now read it again and wind your neck in ;) and feel free to answer the question.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tomwh » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:28 pm

Easy to call comments 'embarrassing' in hindsight, I guess. Like I said, it looked a daft yellow at the time, I didn't exactly analyse it and have forgotten what even happened. Seems such a small and needless thing to argue over. Suppose that's what half this forum is :lol:
Tomwh
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:32 pm

I'm not arguing with you, I save those up for your dad :D I just wondered why you thought it was a stupid booking as some of the comments I'd seen said it was a stupid decision from the ref.

As for the embarrassing comment, it's usually the same few whenever the team come out who usually disagree with it and who end up looking a bit daft but as you say that's what this thread is all about.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:43 pm

Dan wrote:I'm not arguing with you, I save those up for your dad :D I just wondered why you thought it was a stupid booking as some of the comments I'd seen said it was a stupid decision from the ref.

As for the embarrassing comment, it's usually the same few whenever the team come out who usually disagree with it and who end up looking a bit daft but as you say that's what this thread is all about.

Can you imagine a thread of actual comments made by fans during the game :lol: I think these threads are quite reserved compared to some of the stuff I've heard from the terraces - you must have heard them Dan, especially the ones aimed at Clough explaining to him the error of his ways ..... I'm not going to criticise them for it, it's a passionate sport.

I thought it was quite a harsh booking but Quinn is is own worst enemy and had been involved a couple of times with Gordon leading up to it, he did make the difference today though as he is still quite clearly a high class footballer at this level.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:48 pm

Think the away attendance figure iffy, did not look over 100, my guesstimate
around 60
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:44 am

Rob wrote:
Dan wrote:I'm not arguing with you, I save those up for your dad :D I just wondered why you thought it was a stupid booking as some of the comments I'd seen said it was a stupid decision from the ref.

Can you imagine a thread of actual comments made by fans during the game :lol: I think these threads are quite reserved compared to some of the stuff I've heard from the terraces - you must have heard them Dan, especially the ones aimed at Clough explaining to him the error of his ways ..... I'm not going to criticise them for it, it's a passionate sport.

I thought it was quite a harsh booking but Quinn is is own worst enemy and had been involved a couple of times with Gordon leading up to it, he did make the difference today though as he is still quite clearly a high class footballer at this level.

Yes mate I mentioned some from the Grimsby game that I heard. Agree on Quinny, such a shame he's got a short fuse because he was brilliant today especially in the first half where he was key in a lot of the moves forward.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:11 am

:) After yesterday's fantastic win we have 8 games to go and the next 4 are so vital before we play Stevenage & Orient , we need to keep unbeaten and the more wins the better.

Swindon 11th

Rochdale 24th

Grimsby 15th

Newport 18th

Stevenage 3rd

Leyton Orient Top Dog 1st

Harrogate 20th

Colchester 21st
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:43 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Costastag wrote:Perfect results for us today as well

could have done with Bradford not winning

Yes i realised id forgotten about them ,but otherwise we couldnt have asked for more :coys:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:25 am

Quinn’s yellow is on the highlights package straight after Akins had that shot saved by keepers legs. He runs into Gordon to stop him breaking
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:43 am

Thought it was a measured performance against a fire side, one of those where half of you is still thinking “if we were playing anyone decent….”

As it was we weren’t and the win was more than welcome after a couple of turgid displays at home recently, not sure who scouted their keeper but christ he was crap!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:36 am

I fully agree with Dan, page 3 is embarrassing. A bunch of football know nowts squinying like a bunch of fannies before a ball is even kicked. Shouting the odds on how farcical things are before the teams have even left the dressing rooms.

If there was half as much silence before a ball is kicked as there is after a win then some of you would prevent looking stupid so easily. None of you have pre-match knowledge of fitnesses or the plan to play, however it doesn't stop the quivering lips from blethering out the usual expert nonsense.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:45 am

What I will say AFTER watching the game yesterday is that we need to stick with Akins, Oates and Keillor-Dunn as the attack if we want to get in the playoffs. They're a dynamic set and can easily deal with the lesser sides.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:06 am

Would love it if he stuck with the diamond, we have the players (even with injuries) that suit it.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:35 am

Warsop Stag wrote:Ollie Clarke was colossal today.

Agreed he works so hard and makes Wallace's job much easier which in turns allows him to perform at his best
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:28 pm

lifestags wrote:Would love it if he stuck with the diamond, we have the players (even with injuries) that suit it.

Agree with this 100%, imagine the side we would have if Johnson, Maris, Reed and Macca came into this formation and replaced Wallace, Perch, Bowery and probably but also harsh Quinn!!
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:29 pm

Dan wrote:
Tomwh wrote:
Dan wrote:
Tomwh wrote:

Thomas, I always go through the thread when I've finished my photos, is that ok with you?! I asked you a question I wasn't having a go. Now read it again and wind your neck in ;) and feel free to answer the question.

Can confirm Dan does. Either he's not reading the whole thread or I've stopped describing bowel movements on goal :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby NEStag » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:31 pm

I hope we play the same formation against Swindon. It does leave us more open but we are much more likely to win and we need some wins now.
Let’s hope we have Harbottle back, Hewitt completely 100 per cent, and perhaps one or two of Reed, McLaughlin, Maris and Johnson back, at least on the bench.
If we can get a result at Swindon and the injured can return then we could be in for a big end to the season.
Next weekend is huge and will determine if we can put ourselves back in the promotion mix, establish our playoff position, hang in there or fall away.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:01 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
Tomwh wrote:
Tomwh wrote:

Can confirm Dan does. Either he's not reading the whole thread or I've stopped describing bowel movements on goal :lol:

:lol: No bowel movements yesterday but you invented a new football team on one of your posts :lol: Hope the young un is better today mate.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:22 pm

It was Jordan Bowery's 250th league start against Crawley

250(175) league starts and 68 goals in total

83(32) league starts and 21 goals for the Stags

Christy Pym's 290th league start with 34 league starts for the Stags

Davis Keillor Dunn had made 10(1) league starts for the Stags and scored 5 goals.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum