{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fishy scorethread sponsored by Fish Fingers

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fishy scorethread sponsored by Fish Fingers

Postby lancer » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:25 pm

MOM for me was the Ref
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:30 pm

lancer wrote:MOM for me was the Ref

Yes and Lapslie did not score like you put in your prediction
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:37 pm

Best Ref this season. He did all he could to keep the game going , wasn’t conned and stayed fair and let play go and let men tackle like men and get on with it. So refreshing when a game doesn’t last 99 minutes because of stoppages. Glad it didn’t
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby lancer » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:37 am

The One wrote:

I think you will find that was yaxhamstag :roll:
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby yaxhamstag » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:05 am

Eh?
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Oladamber66 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:15 am

Agreed The Ref was very good for a change ..... closely followed by my MOM Alfie Gilgour ..
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:38 am

The One wrote:

That was his original December prediction, but he did post again but didn't alter his original prediction so he was completely in order.

And yes, referee was extremely good.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:46 am

bigalstag1 wrote:Set up for 0-0 draw and achieved his aim, due to an inspired couple of saves from the keeper. Thought his substitutions in the 85 th minute just about summed up the negative approach and tactics,which are nothing new. And yes, I do know we have a long injury list, but so did Northampton last week, and it didn't stop them fashioning a result. The home performances since the turn of the year, have just not been good enough.

You love it as you only post when things haven’t gone well.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:47 am

Oladamber66 wrote:Agreed The Ref was very good for a change ..... closely followed by my MOM Alfie Gilgour ..

Alfie was man of the match by a mile
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:55 am

CassellsCap wrote:Best Ref this season. He did all he could to keep the game going , wasn’t conned and stayed fair and let play go and let men tackle like men and get on with it. So refreshing when a game doesn’t last 99 minutes because of stoppages. Glad it didn’t
The referee was magnificent. 10 out if 10 performance. Best referee we have had for decades.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 am

Pym had a bit of flu and had to play. What's wrong with Flinders?

If he has flu then we risk him spreading it. Plus it's a bit mean to make him play a evening game in heavy winds.

Clough wants more of the same on Saturday but more clinical finishing. If only we have a natural finisher sat on the bench who'd scored double figures in goals before he returned from loan.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:14 am

yorkstag wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Set up for 0-0 draw and achieved his aim, due to an inspired couple of saves from the keeper. Thought his substitutions in the 85 th minute just about summed up the negative approach and tactics,which are nothing new. And yes, I do know we have a long injury list, but so did Northampton last week, and it didn't stop them fashioning a result. The home performances since the turn of the year, have just not been good enough.

You love it as you only post when things haven’t gone well.

doesn't take away the fact that his summary was accurate
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby diablo » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:19 am

gazza1988 wrote:

If he has flu then we risk him spreading it. Plus it's a bit mean to make him play a evening game in heavy winds.

Clough wants more of the same on Saturday but more clinical finishing. If only we have a natural finisher sat on the bench who'd scored double figures in goals before he returned from loan.

Agreed if only we had a natural goalscorer on the bench..errr hang on a minute :o
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Showaddywaddy » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:24 am

I’ve got to agree about the referee, he was absolutely brilliant.

We looked like a side missing key players last night, probably more so than we have in any previous game. Our left side looked weak and unbalanced. Our midfield lacked any calming influence and ability to get the ball down and up front when it wasn’t working we didn’t have the option of Swan on the bench has grabbed more than a few goals coming on from there.

Kilgour is starting to look a bit George Fosteresque in his performances (long may that continue). Riley Harbottle was excellent, as was Hewitt. Akins had a good game up front without any clear cut chances but his hold up play and distribution was good. The biggest disappointment was Boateng, he continues to float around doing a lot of nothing. There were a couple of 50/50 he didn’t fancy and he was so slow to react to situations he put us on the back foot. Everyone has off days but when you start questioning their commitment something isn’t right. If you compare Boateng’s performance to Clarke’s you could say their quality on the ball was similarly disappointing tonight but the big difference was Clarke’s desire to keep going and drive us forward. He probably epitomised this when he got caught in possession on the halfway line towards the end of the game but won it back with a great challenge. If he’s doing that whilst playing through the pain barrier then Boateng really needs to at least match his endeavour. For me Jason Law would be starting over Boateng. We know he’s a good player, we saw glimpses pre season and in several games against us in an opposition shirt.

We would all have been hoping for 9 points from these 3 home games, we need to make it 7 but that could turn out to be a very important point. If we can bit bogey side Sutton on Saturday then I’ll still believe that anything is possible.
Last edited by Showaddywaddy on Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:33 am

gazza1988 wrote:

I thought Nigel spoke with the confidence of a bloke with his contract negotiations already sorted.

He's here to stay for another season (at least) if that's good or not we'll see.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:22 am

yorkstag wrote:
Oladamber66 wrote:Agreed The Ref was very good for a change ..... closely followed by my MOM Alfie Gilgour ..

Agreed, we were all a bit surprised when they announced Akins.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:15 am

gazza1988 wrote:

I’m not really a DJ fan, but had to smile when Clough said in relation to DKD’s cross that went across the face ‘Oatesy should have been there’.

It’s been a tough season for Oates, two open play league goals from 1244 minutes, four months worth of injuries.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:29 am

zod wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

Agreed, we were all a bit surprised when they announced Akins.

I wasn’t. He had a very good game, like Kilgour…nothing between them imo. Agree about Boateng & Bowery is a floater too!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:49 am

69th minute when Bowery shoots on goal. Keeper parried it back into the middle of the area, Akins swings a leg at it and misses. Thats's Dj's bread and butter.

74th minute DKD wins the ball halfway inside the Grimsby half and finds Akins in the middle. I fully expected Akins to shoot he doesn't he passes to Oates but Oates has to backtrack a little to get possession and this gives the defender time to get across and block.

Both instances DJ is testing the keeper and likely scoring the 69th minute one.

We are back to this time last season. hardly any goals and hardly any shots on target and DJ get 10 mins if he's lucky.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:00 am

gazza1988 wrote:69th minute when Bowery shoots on goal. Keeper parried it back into the middle of the area, Akins swings a leg at it and misses. Thats's Dj's bread and butter.

74th minute DKD wins the ball halfway inside the Grimsby half and finds Akins in the middle. I fully expected Akins to shoot he doesn't he passes to Oates but Oates has to backtrack a little to get possession and this gives the defender time to get across and block.

We are back to this time last season. hardly any goals and hardly any shots on target and DJ get 10 mins if he's lucky.

It’s great saying this when he doesn’t play but when he played against Northampton he was ineffective and missed a big chance.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:09 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:69th minute when Bowery shoots on goal. Keeper parried it back into the middle of the area, Akins swings a leg at it and misses. Thats's Dj's bread and butter.

It’s great saying this when he doesn’t play but when he played against Northampton he was ineffective and missed a big chance.

People also forget how crap he was last season. We should have gotten rid, he's vastly over-rated by some, I wouldn't pay him in washers.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:12 am

Rob wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

People also forget how crap he was last season. We should have gotten rid, he's vastly over-rated by some, I wouldn't pay him in washers.

Unbelievable how people can say DJ would do this and that. I’ve personally not seen him do any of it here. I agree he doesn’t get much of a chance, but is attitude whilst on the pitch is the polar opposite of Akins. Perch, Bowery and DJ need moving on.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:15 am

Akins had zero chance with the 69th minute one. Right behind the goal and he can’t do anything with it imo. His hold up play and passing was very good, but pick up on the one impossible chance. DJ isn’t the answer…get used to it!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:26 am

diablo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Agreed if only we had a natural goalscorer on the bench..errr hang on a minute :o
Yes, if only we had a natural goalscorer on the bench, ............who would give his all to play for us :o
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:54 am

Amber Andy wrote:
diablo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Yes, if only we had a natural goalscorer on the bench, ............who would give his all to play for us :o

Cloughs substitutions really were poor yesterday sadly.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum