{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

rumours on new signings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:40 pm

quality “post reply” v “private message” entertainment value = off the scale lol
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 13020
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby SeanieStag » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:49 pm

MTFC Man wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFC Man wrote:Not good news, Oates out for 4-6 months and Theo Robinson his replacement.


Wrong

I hope so!


This thread started off so positively today with lots of hopeful expectation of a new star striker. Now it appears we've lost our major goal threat for half the season and are scraping the barrel for any player who knows the way to the opposition's box. It sums up being a Stags supporter in microcosm.
SeanieStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:38 am

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:23 am

SeanieStag wrote:
MTFC Man wrote:Not good news, Oates out for 4-6 months and Theo Robinson his replacement.


Shush, we’re not supposed to know this yet.



I sure hope that's not true. Not just because we need Goatesy, but also because a quite literal stalker, (stare it in the eyes, lads. it's true. He is. This definition is correct) has the right of it. Don't @ me. I've been stalked. I know.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2606
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby The One » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:32 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:
MTFC Man wrote:Not good news, Oates out for 4-6 months and Theo Robinson his replacement.


Shush, we’re not supposed to know this yet.



I sure hope that's not true. Not just because we need Goatesy, but also because a quite literal stalker, (stare it in the eyes, lads. it's true. He is. This definition is correct) has the right of it. Don't @ me. I've been stalked. I know.


A pint 9f what he had
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 13871
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby ParisStag » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:36 am

The One wrote:
MTFC Man wrote:Not good news, Oates out for 4-6 months and Theo Robinson his replacement.


Wrong


Don't think the Oates part is, unfortunately.

Really hope Robinson isn't his replacement.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5918
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:02 am

Shep wrote:Now we’re playing the guessing game, I’ll go with Alfie May.


Alfie May does want to come back up North. His girlfriend lives in Harworth. We would probably have to spend over £500k though and he's supposed to have interested clubs like Blackburn, Birmingham and Sheff Wed.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11765
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:04 am

The One wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:
MTFC Man wrote:Not good news, Oates out for 4-6 months and Theo Robinson his replacement.


Shush, we’re not supposed to know this yet.



I sure hope that's not true. Not just because we need Goatesy, but also because a quite literal stalker, (stare it in the eyes, lads. it's true. He is. This definition is correct) has the right of it. Don't @ me. I've been stalked. I know.


A pint 9f what he had


I defended the idea of you, on demand, deleting comments on a Friday night. Then I opened up on my unpleasant experience in life of being stalked. Wow, The One.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2606
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:40 am

Mallik Wilks is available from Hull City, in the last year of a contract, scored a few goals in and around Champ/L1. Flexibility of being striker and out wide fits NC, and would fit the profile of being one of those League One signings that was brought forward (Pym, Boateng). Apparently Sheff Weds have agreed terms but not a fee, Derby also interested. Probably out of our range but you never know.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
User avatar
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4716
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:48 pm
Location: New Brighton

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Shep » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:23 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Shep wrote:Now we’re playing the guessing game, I’ll go with Alfie May.


Alfie May does want to come back up North. His girlfriend lives in Harworth. We would probably have to spend over £500k though and he's supposed to have interested clubs like Blackburn, Birmingham and Sheff Wed.


I only guessed May because he’s a similar player to Nichols who we know we’re in for and Broomo said we’d be impressed with one of the players we’re in for which I think May fits that bill
Shep
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:07 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:17 am

The One wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:
MTFC Man wrote:Not good news, Oates out for 4-6 months and Theo Robinson his replacement.


Shush, we’re not supposed to know this yet.



I sure hope that's not true. Not just because we need Goatesy, but also because a quite literal stalker, (stare it in the eyes, lads. it's true. He is. This definition is correct) has the right of it. Don't @ me. I've been stalked. I know.


A pint 9f what he had


Trolling
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4567
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:33 am

Shep wrote:I only guessed May because he’s a similar player to Nichols who we know we’re in for and Broomo said we’d be impressed with one of the players we’re in for which I think May fits that bill


Alfie May is a Nigel Clough type of player. He's good on the ball and runs around up front chasing everything.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11765
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:42 am

I think a few of you need to lower your expectations if you're thinking Alfie May...
stagsfan6493
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:45 am

Donny fans think they are signing Kieran Freeman.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11765
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby AshoverStag » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:46 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:I think a few of you need to lower your expectations if you're thinking Alfie May...


You never know in Football ……never say never.
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:14 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:54 am

AshoverStag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:I think a few of you need to lower your expectations if you're thinking Alfie May...


You never know in Football ……never say never.



You literally just said it 3 times
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2606
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:01 am

Tyreece Simpson is still at Ipswich and not playing.

Ryan Bowman at Shrewsbury has been on the bench recently.

Harry McKirdy is still looking good on the Swindon highlights even though they have not been winning. He's probably too mardy for Nigel.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11765
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby AshoverStag » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:08 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:
AshoverStag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:I think a few of you need to lower your expectations if you're thinking Alfie May...


You never know in Football ……never say never.



You literally just said it 3 times


:D
Last edited by AshoverStag on Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:14 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Rustystag » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:22 am

SeanieStag wrote:
MTFC Man wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFC Man wrote:Not good news, Oates out for 4-6 months and Theo Robinson his replacement.


Wrong

I hope so!


This thread started off so positively today with lots of hopeful expectation of a new star striker. Now it appears we've lost our major goal threat for half the season and are scraping the barrel for any player who knows the way to the opposition's box. It sums up being a Stags supporter in microcosm.


I got a text last night from my friends at lower League Look it's a podcast. It's a really good one and they said theo had been training with us

Hope he's keeping fit and we ain't signing him

5 goal return in 52 games is a poor return for a striker
Rustystag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:07 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby SeanieStag » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:07 pm

Rustystag wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:
MTFC Man wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFC Man wrote:Not good news, Oates out for 4-6 months and Theo Robinson his replacement.


Wrong

I hope so!


This thread started off so positively today with lots of hopeful expectation of a new star striker. Now it appears we've lost our major goal threat for half the season and are scraping the barrel for any player who knows the way to the opposition's box. It sums up being a Stags supporter in microcosm.


I got a text last night from my friends at lower League Look it's a podcast. It's a really good one and they said theo had been training with us

Hope he's keeping fit and we ain't signing him

5 goal return in 52 games is a poor return for a striker


I hope so too, but I've got a feeling that beggars can't be choosers and we're rattling our can outside lots of clubs for a striker.
SeanieStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:38 am

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Johnny H » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:45 pm

If........Oates is out until Xmas or longer, do we need to sign 2 strikers ?

Personally if we are loaning out James Gale I think we need 2 players in, one player if we are keeping Gale until January.
Johnny H
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:21 pm

Shall we just hope for one at this stage ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8426
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:42 pm

Looking at team news today and players rumoured in this thread, it’s going to be tough to get our targets in.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:50 pm

Johnny H wrote:If........Oates is out until Xmas or longer, do we need to sign 2 strikers ?

Personally if we are loaning out James Gale I think we need 2 players in, one player if we are keeping Gale until January.


If Oates is out until Christmas then we definitely need 1 in. Even on a short term deal/loan (when I say short loan I mean until January).
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12708
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Johnny H » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:01 pm

Agreed Gazza, but we needed one in before Oates injury, that's why I asked if we now need two strikers in.
Johnny H
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:02 pm

Could be wrong, but feel like I saw Theo Robinson at the game today as I was walking out

Edit: in fact having had a look at his Instagram I’m almost convinced
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3576
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chris M, PEAR CIDER and 38 guests