{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

DJ doing well

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: DJ doing well

Postby adamstag » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:27 am

Odd how he scores lots at leyton orient does nothing at mansfield and then does well for walsall.

So is it a him problem or a mansfield problem?
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10007
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:34 am

If you look at the highlights on the football league show, you will see he misses an absolute sitter at the end to win it.

Maybe not as infallible as some would hope. He has scored 5 though but don’t think he has any type of future here.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5828
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:46 am

Striker misses a sitter? No way! Like, a single sitter!?!

That's unheard of in football. A striker not scoring every single shot they have? How come few strikers can play 40+ games and only come away with 20-odd goals? They should be in triple digits, surely?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12639
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:19 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:If you look at the highlights on the football league show, you will see he misses an absolute sitter at the end to win it.

Maybe not as infallible as some would hope. He has scored 5 though but don’t think he has any type of future here.



It was hardly a sitter...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4564
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:23 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:If you look at the highlights on the football league show, you will see he misses an absolute sitter at the end to win it.

Maybe not as infallible as some would hope. He has scored 5 though but don’t think he has any type of future here.



It was hardly a sitter...


It was hardly difficult either. He got there in plenty of time but directed it well wide. Just pointed out he’s not infallible.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5828
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby West Ham 1969 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:07 pm

Who cancelled out his goal and scored the equaliser for Fatty Evans :?
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby adamstag » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:15 pm

We’re obviously not going to be playing him and somethings happened so can see him coming back in january either, but it’s not a good look really when he’s scoring for fun and we’re firing blanks
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10007
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: DJ doing well

Postby yorkstag » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:38 pm

adamstag wrote:Odd how he scores lots at leyton orient does nothing at mansfield and then does well for walsall.

So is it a him problem or a mansfield problem?

I was talking to an Orient fan walking back to the Tube. Not particularly complimentary about DJ. His comment was he will score goals but that’s all he offers adding that he misses lots of chances.

I just don’t think he fits Cloughs style.

I disagree with some but feel our issues are at the top of the pitch.

Our support was excellent yesterday.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2476
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:47 pm

Cloughie didnt like him for some reason or other, maybe he wasnt has Coxy used to say ~ a good honest boy
Curry 9 Brace 7
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:39 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby bear 73 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:58 pm

Are we up to date yet he plays for walsall so what does it matter what he does, we will see him in Januery or not
bear 73
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:01 pm

I would like him to continue scoring, that way we might get more for him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8426
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Vice President » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:25 pm

The issue is that he hasn’t been replaced.
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby part time pete » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:45 pm

Vice President wrote:The issue is that he hasn’t been replaced.


So who has Swan replaced if it isn’t Johnson.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 8666
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Vice President » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:53 pm

part time pete wrote:
Vice President wrote:The issue is that he hasn’t been replaced.


So who has Swan replaced if it isn’t Johnson.


That’s precisely my point. A proven league 2 goal scorer has not been adequately replaced by an inexperienced youth with no goal scoring record.
Swan may turn out to be a very good player, eventually. However, we need someone who can score goals regularly right now (as Johnson is clearly doing and Swan isn’t).
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:56 pm

Vice President wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Vice President wrote:The issue is that he hasn’t been replaced.


So who has Swan replaced if it isn’t Johnson.


That’s precisely my point. A proven league 2 goal scorer has not been adequately replaced by an inexperienced youth with no goal scoring record.
Swan may turn out to be a very good player, eventually. However, we need someone who can score goals regularly right now (as Johnson is clearly doing and Swan isn’t).
Which is exactly what we've been trying to sign, but for whatever reason the offers have been turned down.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8426
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:21 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Vice President wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Vice President wrote:The issue is that he hasn’t been replaced.


So who has Swan replaced if it isn’t Johnson.


That’s precisely my point. A proven league 2 goal scorer has not been adequately replaced by an inexperienced youth with no goal scoring record.
Swan may turn out to be a very good player, eventually. However, we need someone who can score goals regularly right now (as Johnson is clearly doing and Swan isn’t).
Which is exactly what we've been trying to sign, but for whatever reason the offers have been turned down.


I don’t buy this we’ve made offers ,dialogue between clubs and the players agent set the ball park,
1-transfer fee
2- player’s salary
3- length of contract
We could put a £20k bid in for Harry Kane does that count as we are proactively trying to sign players ??
Maybe JRs cheque book isn’t so big as some believe?
User avatar
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:04 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Vice President wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Vice President wrote:The issue is that he hasn’t been replaced.


So who has Swan replaced if it isn’t Johnson.


That’s precisely my point. A proven league 2 goal scorer has not been adequately replaced by an inexperienced youth with no goal scoring record.
Swan may turn out to be a very good player, eventually. However, we need someone who can score goals regularly right now (as Johnson is clearly doing and Swan isn’t).
Which is exactly what we've been trying to sign, but for whatever reason the offers have been turned down.


I don’t buy this we’ve made offers ,dialogue between clubs and the players agent set the ball park,
1-transfer fee
2- player’s salary
3- length of contract
We could put a £20k bid in for Harry Kane does that count as we are proactively trying to sign players ??
Maybe JRs cheque book isn’t so big as some believe?



So you don't believe what the club is telling us in press conferences?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9512
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:10 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Vice President wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Vice President wrote:The issue is that he hasn’t been replaced.


So who has Swan replaced if it isn’t Johnson.


That’s precisely my point. A proven league 2 goal scorer has not been adequately replaced by an inexperienced youth with no goal scoring record.
Swan may turn out to be a very good player, eventually. However, we need someone who can score goals regularly right now (as Johnson is clearly doing and Swan isn’t).
Which is exactly what we've been trying to sign, but for whatever reason the offers have been turned down.


I don’t buy this we’ve made offers ,dialogue between clubs and the players agent set the ball park,
1-transfer fee
2- player’s salary
3- length of contract
We could put a £20k bid in for Harry Kane does that count as we are proactively trying to sign players ??
Maybe JRs cheque book isn’t so big as some believe?
Of course they have. Still time, show some optimism.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8426
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Johnny H » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:08 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Vice President wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Vice President wrote:The issue is that he hasn’t been replaced.


So who has Swan replaced if it isn’t Johnson.


That’s precisely my point. A proven league 2 goal scorer has not been adequately replaced by an inexperienced youth with no goal scoring record.
Swan may turn out to be a very good player, eventually. However, we need someone who can score goals regularly right now (as Johnson is clearly doing and Swan isn’t).
Which is exactly what we've been trying to sign, but for whatever reason the offers have been turned down.



No we haven't........We have been trying to sign a Number 10 style player....not a goalscorer.
NC said he wanted a No.10....he has bid for Nicols and Rodrigues and other(s).....not a proven goalscorer.#
he wanted a playmaker style forward
His stubbornness in not signing a proven goalscorer and a proper dominant centre half (which he has wanted since january 2022) is our undoing at the moment....and if injuries set in it may well ruin our season
Johnny H
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:33 pm

Johnny H wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Vice President wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Vice President wrote:The issue is that he hasn’t been replaced.


So who has Swan replaced if it isn’t Johnson.


That’s precisely my point. A proven league 2 goal scorer has not been adequately replaced by an inexperienced youth with no goal scoring record.
Swan may turn out to be a very good player, eventually. However, we need someone who can score goals regularly right now (as Johnson is clearly doing and Swan isn’t).
Which is exactly what we've been trying to sign, but for whatever reason the offers have been turned down.



No we haven't........We have been trying to sign a Number 10 style player....not a goalscorer.
NC said he wanted a No.10....he has bid for Nicols and Rodrigues and other(s).....not a proven goalscorer.#
he wanted a playmaker style forward
His stubbornness in not signing a proven goalscorer and a proper dominant centre half (which he has wanted since january 2022) is our undoing at the moment....and if injuries set in it may well ruin our season
Do you really believe NC would put stubbornness before promotion ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8426
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Johnny H » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:35 pm

That’s precisely my point. A proven league 2 goal scorer has not been adequately replaced by an inexperienced youth with no goal scoring record.
Swan may turn out to be a very good player, eventually. However, we need someone who can score goals regularly right now (as Johnson is clearly doing and Swan isn’t).[/quote] Which is exactly what we've been trying to sign, but for whatever reason the offers have been turned down.[/quote]


No we haven't........We have been trying to sign a Number 10 style player....not a goalscorer.
NC said he wanted a No.10....he has bid for Nicols and Rodrigues and other(s).....not a proven goalscorer.#
he wanted a playmaker style forward
His stubbornness in not signing a proven goalscorer and a proper dominant centre half (which he has wanted since january 2022) is our undoing at the moment....and if injuries set in it may well ruin our season[/quote] Do you really believe NC would put stubbornness before promotion ?[/quote]

Can you explain what it is he is doing then ??
Cos stubbornness and I know best attitude didnt work at Wembley and it sure to hell hasn't worked since??
Johnny H
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:39 pm

Johnny H wrote:That’s precisely my point. A proven league 2 goal scorer has not been adequately replaced by an inexperienced youth with no goal scoring record.
Swan may turn out to be a very good player, eventually. However, we need someone who can score goals regularly right now (as Johnson is clearly doing and Swan isn’t).
Which is exactly what we've been trying to sign, but for whatever reason the offers have been turned down.[/quote]


No we haven't........We have been trying to sign a Number 10 style player....not a goalscorer.
NC said he wanted a No.10....he has bid for Nicols and Rodrigues and other(s).....not a proven goalscorer.#
he wanted a playmaker style forward
His stubbornness in not signing a proven goalscorer and a proper dominant centre half (which he has wanted since january 2022) is our undoing at the moment....and if injuries set in it may well ruin our season[/quote] Do you really believe NC would put stubbornness before promotion ?[/quote]

Can you explain what it is he is doing then ??
Cos stubbornness and I know best attitude didnt work at Wembley and it sure to hell hasn't worked since??[/quote]
Johnny H wrote:That’s precisely my point. A proven league 2 goal scorer has not been adequately replaced by an inexperienced youth with no goal scoring record.
Swan may turn out to be a very good player, eventually. However, we need someone who can score goals regularly right now (as Johnson is clearly doing and Swan isn’t).
Which is exactly what we've been trying to sign, but for whatever reason the offers have been turned down.[/quote]


No we haven't........We have been trying to sign a Number 10 style player....not a goalscorer.
NC said he wanted a No.10....he has bid for Nicols and Rodrigues and other(s).....not a proven goalscorer.#
he wanted a playmaker style forward
His stubbornness in not signing a proven goalscorer and a proper dominant centre half (which he has wanted since january 2022) is our undoing at the moment....and if injuries set in it may well ruin our season[/quote] Do you really believe NC would put stubbornness before promotion ?[/quote]

Can you explain what it is he is doing then ??
Cos stubbornness and I know best attitude didnt work at Wembley and it sure to hell hasn't worked since??[/quote] Yes I can. He is trying to build a team to gain us promotion to league 1. I suspect 18 other teams in our league are trying to do the same. We have no divine right to promotion. Three league games in and the transfer window is still open. As Gary Barlow sings "have a little patience".
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8426
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Johnny H » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:45 pm

I really hope your right......
Once we concede at the minute, I fear we can't score twice to win games !!!
Johnny H
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Nutty Stag » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:48 pm

[/quote] Do you really believe NC would put stubbornness before promotion ?[/quote]

Yes I do - the squad size does not help us with the amount of injuries and suspensions. Did we not have this issue last season? He is having to use players who are injured as he has no backup players.
His reliance on his favourites really does him no favours and the failure to sign a proven centre back, left back and striker will cost us again this season.
Nutty Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: DJ doing well

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:10 pm

Nutty Stag wrote:
Do you really believe NC would put stubbornness before promotion ?[/quote]

Yes I do - the squad size does not help us with the amount of injuries and suspensions. Did we not have this issue last season? He is having to use players who are injured as he has no backup players.
His reliance on his favourites really does him no favours and the failure to sign a proven centre back, left back and striker will cost us again this season.[/quote]
The transfer window is still open.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8426
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Captain Cunno, Herts Stag, northstandstag, stags1963, StanstedStag, w12stag and 44 guests