{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Donny FA Cup Scorefred Sponsored by Nothing To Fear

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Donny FA Cup Scorefred Sponsored by Nothing To Fear

Postby bex » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:34 pm

I thought the Players celebrating with the fans at the end was Fantastic....not a 'we gotta do this'....but a proper joint celebration,anyone notice Quinn being the happiest guy there,proper cheerleader :lol:
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:43 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Bowery MOTM ?

George Lapslie for me with 2 goals and an assist but George Maris, Stephen Quinn and Jordan Bowery were all excellent in the 2nd half.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:45 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:46 pm

This has been the best day I’ve had watching the stags since Hereford.

We could of had 5. The pressing by the team was superb and that third goal

Wow
Wow
Wow
Wow
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:47 pm

What a fantastic performance of hard work , teamwork and sheer class by the Stags team and supporters . These days don’t come around very often , after 50 years following the Stags I say Thankyou for making us all proud of you.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby robbingdog » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:52 pm

Oates ran himself into the ground today
Quinn and Maris were immense second half
Bowery played really well when he came on
Forrester Otoole and Hewitt solid second half
Lapslie worked his socks off on the right
Bishop probably froze his balls off standing there doing nothing

Have i missed anything
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:08 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:09 pm

robbingdog wrote:Oates ran himself into the ground today

Have i missed anything

Mellis is gay
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:34 pm

Wow. 3rd goal..

Bit pissed with clough calling bishop out.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:35 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)

Brilliant that, what a day out.. Must have only been about 3700 home fans? :coys:
There did not look like 3700 Donny fans in the ground. Looked about 2500 tops and I thought we outnumbered them. They must be good at hiding or Donny use Chesterfields counting methods.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:38 pm

bex wrote:I thought the Players celebrating with the fans at the end was Fantastic....not a 'we gotta do this'....but a proper joint celebration,anyone notice Quinn being the happiest guy there,proper cheerleader :lol:

Quinn is like that with every goal, even if it isn't his he celebrates with the fans like it is. Cracking signing Quinn has been.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:52 pm

robbingdog wrote:Oates ran himself into the ground today

Have i missed anything

Clarke battled for every ball-winning most-and Stirk was the excellent playmaker alongside him.
The only real errors in the side were for the goals
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby ParisStag » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:52 pm

Awesome video. Good to see what we were like from their stands.

A fan on Donny's page said how brilliant we were, but we knew that anyway. What a brilliant day to be a Stags fan. Our supporters deserve that for the brilliant backing we've given the team all season. Cloughie alluded to is in a recent interview, but even when we were losing every week, we were making a racket. Well done all!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:57 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Wow. 3rd goal..

Bit pissed with clough calling bishop out.

I think he was being sarcastic. Nothing he could do about any of the goals today or against Sutton and Crawley and Clough knows that.
It shows how well we are playing that it takes good goals to beat Bishop
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:03 pm

ParisStag wrote:

Awesome video. Good to see what we were like from their stands.

A fan on Donny's page said how brilliant we were, but we knew that anyway. What a brilliant day to be a Stags fan. Our supporters deserve that for the brilliant backing we've given the team all season. Cloughie alluded to is in a recent interview, but even when we were losing every week, we were making a racket. Well done all!

I think we were loudest immediately after Donny’s goal. A few years ago everyone would have gone quiet/ negative.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amberheart » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:10 pm

What a brilliant game & atmosphere one of the best ones of recent years
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:13 pm

How much did the going 3 at the back change the game, I know we scored 3 goals but would we have done the same without the change of formation.
We outplayed Crawley with the same formation and it's another headache for Clough to deal with.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:25 pm

chip63 wrote:How much did the going 3 at the back change the game, I know we scored 3 goals but would we have done the same without the change of formation.
We outplayed Crawley with the same formation and it's another headache for Clough to deal with.

I don’t think so. We were having plenty of the ball in the first half but it was all in front of Donny. In the second half we got behind them so many times due to numbers we were able to commit forward.

Does anyone know who was supposed to be offside for the Lapslie goal? I couldn’t work it out at the time and still none the wiser after seeing the replay.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:30 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
chip63 wrote:How much did the going 3 at the back change the game, I know we scored 3 goals but would we have done the same without the change of formation.

I don’t think so. We were having plenty of the ball in the first half but it was all in front of Donny. In the second half we got behind them so many times due to numbers we were able to commit forward.

Does anyone know who was supposed to be offside for the Lapslie goal? I couldn’t work it out at the time and still none the wiser after seeing the replay.

And what about when Ollie Clarke was pulled back right in front of us, definite penalty
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:48 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

And what about when Ollie Clarke was pulled back right in front of us, definite penalty

I think it was Maris but yes I agree
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:26 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:45 pm

Bros wrote:Listened on ifollow as I've had man flu. I don't think I've ever heard Martin so excited. The atmosphere sounded superb, I wish I could have been there

Can't wait to hear Martin's commentary over the goals.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:25 am

A lot of posters on here.

Sack the manager.
Get rid of the head of recruitment, he's raspberries.
Poor tactics.
Poor team selection.
He's clueless.
Terrible man management.
He's a dinosaur.
Just as bad as Dempster and Coughlan.
Rubbish last 2 transfer windows.
Long cold winter which will end in relegation.

Me (and a decent handful of others "Lets wait and see once we get players back shall we?" "Give him time, he'll turn it around"

You can't debate with Broomo, he's blinded by faith. I'm disappointed in him, he adds nothing to the forum. Which players coming back? Give him more time and we'll be down.

Some even siding with Gazmoose!!

7 wins in 8 and through to consecutive 3rd rounds for the first time since 1980, beating 2 League One clubs away from home, playing very good football.

Some saying best away day for a decade.

There'll be one or two who have a go at me for posting this but I took quite a bit of stick for quite a while on here, so ha ha, ha No swearing. ha ha. I wonder how many of them will say they were wrong?

Now, lets back it up with a win on Tuesday to really get things going.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:25 am

Go ahead on then Broomo, I’ll respond

I have been critical of the transfers and some of the decisions around squad selection.

I still think the way the transfer windows have been handled were poor, especially the centre back situation.

Clough went on record to say that there were no free agents available who could fix that problem, but then brought in O’Toole. Ever since O’Toole signed our form has increased.

I’m delighted that the team have turned it around, but still have a bit of frustration because we ought to be holding a playoff place now (if we had signed a fit centre back in August).

I did say that I wasn’t confident that Clough could turn us around. Fair play to him, our recent form is fantastic. I have happily take some humble pie out the fridge and have plated a slice up.

I’ll wait until February before I eat it though. We need to strengthen a couple of positions in January and the be in the playoff hunt by then for me to be totally convinced.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:13 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I think it was Maris but yes I agree

I think the change in formation definitely made a difference but it was more that Maris went up front with Oates than going to the back 3. Maris had been playing as the attacking centre midfielder inthe first half but Rhys was mainly up on his own. The energy from all of the midfielders inthe second half was amazing and the back 3 were solid. I’m quite impressed with Will Forrester.
There were 2 shouts for a penalty on Maris. The first was when he was squeezed out by three defenders. Definitely seen them given but the ref probably thought he went down too easily and wouldn’t have got to the ball. The second was when he was clipped running onto a through ball on the right. I thought that was a nailed on penalty. There was no reason for him to go down other than a foul.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum