{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough & Sharpe out.... Flynn & Carolyn in

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough & Sharpe out.... Flynn & Carolyn in

Postby Amberheart » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:48 pm

Rob wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:What I find interesting is the fact that between Tuesday night and Exeter, who are on a massive home run, taking the lead in the second half this site was like a morgue.

As I've said many times GFB, this site is not representational of Stags supporters, it is not the voice of the majority, just a very noisy minority who love to publicly self-flagellate after every defeat. Several of the loudest barely go to games and often can't wait to lay the boot in if results go wrong. It's the same names, the same folk, the same short termists who have celebrated various managerial sackings which have achieved absolutely nothing (Adam you are excused this time ;) ). I hope and trust JR does not read this site and does not base his decisions on what a dozen or so say on here, but base his decision on the reaction of the 4,000 who were there on Tuesday night, the ones who didn't boo when we went a goal down, the ones who applauded the team in at half time despite being behind, the ones who shouted and cheered the side on in the second half, the ones who gave the side a standing ovation at the end. Clough won't be sacked any time soon, some of the replacements suggested are absolutely hilarious, it's not going to happen so save your whining and use it to support the club during these tough times on Saturday, those that will be there that is!

Good post never a truer word said . It’s so frustrating reading all the negative posts by moaning men babies
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:12 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Rob wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:What I find interesting is the fact that between Tuesday night and Exeter, who are on a massive home run, taking the lead in the second half this site was like a morgue.

As I've said many times GFB, this site is not representational of Stags supporters, it is not the voice of the majority, just a very noisy minority who love to publicly self-flagellate after every defeat. Several of the loudest barely go to games and often can't wait to lay the boot in if results go wrong. It's the same names, the same folk, the same short termists who have celebrated various managerial sackings which have achieved absolutely nothing (Adam you are excused this time ;) ). I hope and trust JR does not read this site and does not base his decisions on what a dozen or so say on here, but base his decision on the reaction of the 4,000 who were there on Tuesday night, the ones who didn't boo when we went a goal down, the ones who applauded the team in at half time despite being behind, the ones who shouted and cheered the side on in the second half, the ones who gave the side a standing ovation at the end. Clough won't be sacked any time soon, some of the replacements suggested are absolutely hilarious, it's not going to happen so save your whining and use it to support the club during these tough times on Saturday, those that will be there that is!

Good post never a truer word said . It’s so frustrating reading all the negative posts by moaning men babies

Not half as annoying as reading posts by super happy clappers on here who seem to think 23rd in lg2 is great and things will 'definitely' improve if we give him even more time.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:33 pm

Ole will be available soon, think he’d still be out of his depth.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:57 am

yorkstag wrote:Worth bearing in mind Carolyn did not want Flitcroft sacked.

The deniers need to understand that sacking DF was a massive mistake. Ok there were 2 poor appointments afterwards but Flitcrofts sacking was a spiteful act for which we are now paying.

The message here is not really about DF it’s about sticking with NC.

I do have concerns tho - transfer Windows have been dreadful . If Simon wasn’t Nigel’s brother questions would be asked. And although I’m not a coach the diamond does not work.

In NC we trust

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: wow that’s embarrassing even for your standards.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 am

Facts are facts look at the league table
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:05 am

yorkstag wrote:Facts are facts look at the league table

Whats stags position in the league table, current squad or anything of late got to do with PortVales director of football..... nothing
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:45 am

Dan wrote:

The deniers need to understand that sacking DF was a massive mistake. Ok there were 2 poor appointments afterwards but Flitcrofts sacking was a spiteful act for which we are now paying.

I do have concerns tho - transfer Windows have been dreadful . If Simon wasn’t Nigel’s brother questions would be asked. And although I’m not a coach the diamond does not work.

In NC we trust

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: wow that’s embarrassing even for your standards.

Just a question Dan, would you have been happy to see Flitcroft sacked knowing Demspster was to be his replacement?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:21 am

As Neville John Holder sings every year and will probably be heard everywhere in a few weeks' time: "Look to the future now. It's only just begun."

Hopefully Nigel Clough is the future.

Flitcroft ain't never coming back. There's more chance of Steve Evans returning.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:07 pm

What’s that got to do with anything? I notice you didn’t answer the question as to why it was “a spiteful act” :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:20 pm

Listen to the facts to many players missing, even training disrupted by missing players, we cannot play a settled squad, The playing squad decimated
Then we can look at the league table, OH 8 - 10 players missing could have a effect
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:22 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Rob wrote:

Yes full off hope Cheeseburger and a pint im with the happy clappers , good post
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:11 pm

Dan wrote:

y

In NC we trust

If you bother to look at their transfer record over the last 20 years it has been very successful, and many have gone on to have international status.
reading between the lines, their had to be limit on expenditure, and players like Hawkins, Johnson, Oates did not come cheap.
No transfer fees were paid, only a nominal fee for Hawkins,
Going with youth can be very risky, but it gives you cash for quality players wich you need for a promotion push.
A lot happened on transfer day and players were missed, to me also players went on loan before new ones were brought in, this to me meant money was tight.
Sharpe, and Clough took it on the chin the club had done their best, and now look were we are in Jan and go again
Scotland has produced many players quite cheap, but they dont give many away,
We did do a lot of scouting down there, We are were we are move on
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Bear, Dan was laughing at the bit he highlighted in yorkstag's post. He's not on about Clough there.

I mean I feel DF shouldn't have gone (if anyone was unsure of my stance on that :lol:). But I can't see how it was a spiteful act? It's cost the Radfords money to pay him off.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:51 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Whats stags position in the league table, current squad or anything of late got to do with PortVales director of football..... nothing

I normally view you as quite balanced - the point I was trying to make was that we wouldn't be here if he hadn't been sacked.

You may disagree and that's your opinion but I think you can track our demise to DF's sacking.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:53 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I normally view you as quite balanced - the point I was trying to make was that we wouldn't be here if he hadn't been sacked.

You may disagree and that's your opinion but I think you can track our demise to DF's sacking.

The demise started while he was here. Look at the stats. Christ.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:54 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I mean the Radford's and the board hardly covered themselves in glory with the appointments of Dempster and Coughlan. They didn't help themselves there.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:04 pm

Dan wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

The demise started while he was here. Look at the stats. Christ.

Really ? We had a bad end to the season.

The fact you ended your post with Christ says it all.

Dan at the end of the day you didn't like Flitcroft. I think it was a mistake to sack him.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:22 pm

What does saying Christ mean?! I was showing my exasperation at your pure myopia that’s all.

Bad end to the season? From February?! Oh my days. A team who got relegated got more points than we did in the last 13 games. Wake up man. :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Expectations are the problem for us
This season was to be the big push with Nigel having his players and full pre season etc
I Have sympathy with both views but being in the bottom 2 was not expected and is obviously not a great place to be but happy to give Nigel a few more games yet but time must be running out for him as he can’t afford many more losses injury list or not
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:24 pm

Clough is at Mardy Lane tonight
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:31 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Expectations are the problem for us
This season was to be the big push with Nigel having his players and full pre season etc
I Have sympathy with both views but being in the bottom 2 was not expected and is obviously not a great place to be but happy to give Nigel a few more games yet but time must be running out for him as he can’t afford many more losses injury list or not

Nathan raised a good point on Mansfield Matters the other day.

He averaged our league two positions over the years and it came it at 12th I think, he said we've always been a mid table league two side and wondered where this 'Top 3 or bust' attitude came from. Seems to have been the problem since Evans was appointed and now we've carried that expectation for the last 5/6 seasons

We're like Luton fans, apart from the Luton team actually achieved what they set out to!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:58 pm

Dan wrote:What does saying Christ mean?! I was showing my exasperation at your pure myopia that’s all.

Bad end to the season? From February?! Oh my days. A team who got relegated got more points than we did in the last 13 games. Wake up man. :lol: :lol:

That shocking stat is what changed my mind... It came down to a point but we should have been promoted with games to go
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:00 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Expectations are the problem for us

Nathan raised a good point on Mansfield Matters the other day.

He averaged our league two positions over the years and it came it at 12th I think, he said we've always been a mid table league two side and wondered where this 'Top 3 or bust' attitude came from. Seems to have been the problem since Evans was appointed and now we've carried that expectation for the last 5/6 seasons

We're like Luton fans, apart from the Luton team actually achieved what they set out to!

That's what's driving the Clough out brigade. People genuinely think we will hire another manager, call the season done with and then expect them to have us top 3 next year and repeat.

This season's going to pot. Let the man fix it and keep us on a steady course. We will finish mid table this year without a doubt.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:55 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:What does saying Christ mean?! I was showing my exasperation at your pure myopia that’s all.

That shocking stat is what changed my mind... It came down to a point but we should have been promoted with games to go

It’s the one I’ve used on many occasions when I’ve been working at Notts games. They couldn’t understand why we’d sacked him until I told them they’d got one point more than we did in the last 3 months and they couldn’t believe it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:44 pm

scotsstag wrote:

In NC we trust

Spiteful how ???

I'll ask again yorkstag, how was the act of sacking DF spiteful ????
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum