{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Northampton Score Thread sponsored by Rose bound to score

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Northampton Score Thread sponsored by Rose bound to scor

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:23 pm

Dan wrote:The thing with this place is because people hate Evans (& love the double failure) they can’t give credit where it’s due. We played some fantastic football under Evans. We had some brilliant away games with him (Cov was incredible) and we were definitely going to get promoted until he jumped ship. For that he will never be forgiven. I can’t abide him as a person and when I did a Posh match not long after he’d left us I could feel the anger building up inside me when he was stood in front of me. I wanted to get hold of him and say why did you do that to us you raspberry. But that’s football. I know people will say the same thing about me with Flitcroft but numerous times on here I’ve complimented those 4-5 months purple patch he had where we played some incredible football. The morecambe game was one of the best I’d seen and I really felt like we were going up. The ground was rocking that day, the players were all smiling so were the fans, it was a brilliant time to be a Stags fan. But then he bottled it again and it all went wrong and I’ll never forgive him for that either. It just winds me up when the same posters on here cream over DF yet a quick look back at posts on here and they were wanting him out back then as well!
I for one did'nt enjoy the football under Evan's. Worse than that was his and his side kicks touch line antics.

Also Dan you are the one who goes on about Evans and Flitcroft.

Time to move on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:10 pm

Dan wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:It goes back to identity and philosophy. We don’t have either.

Think about it like this. If you have no idea about what style of football we want to play, how you you bring in players who fit that style or plan training sessions to embed that style?

I was ecstatic when we brought Clough in, but honestly I think he is well past his sell by date. I can’t see a way back from here, we are a complete mess.

The last three managers who had a clear identity were Cox, Murray and Flitcroft.

Evans threw money at it.

Everyone else since Curle has been a disaster.

If I could bring in anyone tomorrow it would be Flynn. If he doesn’t want it then Murray or Curle who might both be gettable.

Lazy comment. Evans liked to have at least 2 players per position and is accused of 'throwing money at it' yet we could do with a squad of his right now couldn't we? Also Flitcroft had a player on £5,000 a week, not the manager you're accusing of throwing money at it.

Also it depends on what you mean by "clear identity". I'd like to know what the 3 managers you mention identities were.

Dan, did you really just accuse someone of a lazy comment?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:14 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:The thing with this place is because people hate Evans (& love the double failure) they can’t give credit where it’s due. We played some fantastic football under Evans. We had some brilliant away games with him (Cov was incredible) and we were definitely going to get promoted until he jumped ship. For that he will never be forgiven. I can’t abide him as a person and when I did a Posh match not long after he’d left us I could feel the anger building up inside me when he was stood in front of me. I wanted to get hold of him and say why did you do that to us you raspberry. But that’s football. I know people will say the same thing about me with Flitcroft but numerous times on here I’ve complimented those 4-5 months purple patch he had where we played some incredible football. The morecambe game was one of the best I’d seen and I really felt like we were going up. The ground was rocking that day, the players were all smiling so were the fans, it was a brilliant time to be a Stags fan. But then he bottled it again and it all went wrong and I’ll never forgive him for that either. It just winds me up when the same posters on here cream over DF yet a quick look back at posts on here and they were wanting him out back then as well!
I for one did'nt enjoy the football under Evan's. Worse than that was his and his side kicks touch line antics.

Time to move on.

You’re one of them who won’t give Evans any credit. How you can’t have enjoyed any of his games I don’t know. Maybe you’re like a few others on here who have an opinion but don’t go to games. And I think you’ll find it’s other people who bring it up before I do, I just reply because of the myopic people on here who make me sick. The ironic thing is that if you look back at some of the Flitcroft posts when he was manager YOU were one of them who was moaning about him! I did post examples but it got deleted so feel free to check yourself.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:25 am

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Time to move on.

You’re one of them who won’t give Evans any credit. How you can’t have enjoyed any of his games I don’t know. Maybe you’re like a few others on here who have an opinion but don’t go to games. And I think you’ll find it’s other people who bring it up before I do, I just reply because of the myopic people on here who make me sick. The ironic thing is that if you look back at some of the Flitcroft posts when he was manager YOU were one of them who was moaning about him! I did post examples but it got deleted so feel free to check yourself.
Dan you are just going over old ground. If you enjoyed the football under Evans that's fine. I attended the games under Evans (and games under subsequent managers). I found the Evans games hard to watch as I was distracted by the touchline antics.

No doubt I did have a moan about Flitcroft at the time we failed to get over the line in regards to promotion. Like the vast majority I was very disappointed. However, the majority of my posts would have been in support of Flitcroft especially when he was sacked. I still think it was a very poor decision and a major factor as to where the club is now.

We've had four managers since Evan's jumped ship, so it's time to move on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum