{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Port vale match thread sponsored by lightning striking twice

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Port vale match thread sponsored by lightning striking t

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:00 pm

He played a big part in Clarke going there in the first place, so the fact they’ve made a good start with Clarke as manager I think it a pretty decent impact, don’t you?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:04 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:He played a big part in Clarke going there in the first place, so the fact they’ve made a good start with Clarke as manager I think it a pretty decent impact, don’t you?

Flitcroft was only appointed a week before, it was Carol Shanahan who brought him in. Next answer ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:14 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:He played a big part in Clarke going there in the first place, so the fact they’ve made a good start with Clarke as manager I think it a pretty decent impact, don’t you?

Flitcroft was only appointed a week before, it was Carol Shanahan who brought him in. Next answer ;)

Read the interview with the Chief Exec
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:21 pm

Anyway..if you read the Vale forum they are really worried that we are under performing and we may click into gear. :D
Even funnier was one guy worrying about the height of Hawkins, Hewitt and Rawson, he'll be in for a pleasant surprise as he watches Hewitt and Rawson in our box and their box, its embarrassing to watch :lol: :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:33 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:Anyway..if you read the Vale forum they are really worried that we are under performing and we may click into gear. :D
Even funnier was one guy worrying about the height of Hawkins, Hewitt and Rawson, he'll be in for a pleasant surprise as he watches Hewitt and Rawson in our box and their box, its embarrassing to watch :lol: :lol:

Why do you bother.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:33 pm

And what would you be saying if they were bottom...
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:41 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

And what would you be saying if they were bottom...

That he was equally culpable (depending on the reasons why they were bottom)

I’m no Flitcroft fan boy but some folk don’t want to give any credit where it’s due.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:55 pm

The One wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:Anyway..if you read the Vale forum they are really worried that we are under performing and we may click into gear. :D

Why do you bother.

To wind you up, its easy.

It's because I am bothered and have been for 47 years. There's no need to look at things through Amber tinted specs,if we are raspberry then I'll say it on an opinion board.
I urged them on for 90 pathetic minutes Saturday and will do so again tomorrow, if they are raspberry I'll come on here after and say so.

I stood there Saturday as the players clapped the fans but took pelters from a section, I wouldn't join in and said to my mate that they actually gave their all but they're just not very good, is that ok for you?
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:59 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:

I have. So what else has he done? You’re struggling aren’t you 8-) :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:04 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:

Was that not good enough for you?

Look where they are in the league, think what a director of football is involved in, and there’s your answer.

As I said earlier, you won’t hear a good word so there’s not much point me keep replying.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:

Was that not good enough for you?

Look where they are in the league, think what a director of football is involved in, and there’s your answer.

As I said earlier, you won’t hear a good word so there’s not much point me keep replying.

You’ve still not answered the question though mate. It’s DC who brought in the players, who does all the tactics etc so please tell me what DF has done because I’d love to know.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:33 pm

Musings, haven’t you learned yet?

Dan doesn’t want an answer really. No matter what you say or how logical you present it Dan’s position it too firmly established. He will constantly obfuscate any response you give him.

I would guess that in any personality assessment, Dan’s openness traits would be scored really low.

I know this for sure. I wish it was October 2018 again and Flickers stags team were playing the best football I had ever witnessed at the mill!
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:49 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Musings, haven’t you learned yet?

Dan doesn’t want an answer really. No matter what you say or how logical you present it Dan’s position it too firmly established. He will constantly obfuscate any response you give him.

I would guess that in any personality assessment, Dan’s openness traits would be scored really low.

I know this for sure. I wish it was October 2018 again and Flickers stags team were playing the best football I had ever witnessed at the mill!

Best football ever witnessed :lol: :lol: :lol: not been a fan for long then?!

You’ve still not answered the question I asked you on another thread either. But then that’s hardly surprising really.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:13 am

No doubt about it from August to January it was great to watch but let's just balance things out and remember the performances under the same manager from Jan to May. Relegation form
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:36 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
The One wrote:

Why do you bother.

To wind you up, its easy.

It's because I am bothered and have been for 47 years. There's no need to look at things through Amber tinted specs,if we are raspberry then I'll say it on an opinion board.
I urged them on for 90 pathetic minutes Saturday and will do so again tomorrow, if they are raspberry I'll come on here after and say so.

I stood there Saturday as the players clapped the fans but took pelters from a section, I wouldn't join in and said to my mate that they actually gave their all but they're just not very good, is that ok for you?

Parky to stay for the full 90 I applaud you. With the dross on show from us I knew I'd miss nothing at all. You know from years of watching if a team looks like threatening, worrying the opposition, giving you hope and Saturday they didn't. The only positive for me was I was 15 miles up the M1 when the ref put us out of our misery. :cry:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:50 am

I have, hence I'm not replying any longer.

As I said, I'm not Flitcroft's biggest fan but can acknowledge the good he did, and is currently doing. And certainly what he did year is light years away from what we have at the moment.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:13 am

Hopefully this rain stops!
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:49 am

lifestags wrote:Hopefully this rain stops!

Could've done with last season's pitch to get this game PP and some players back fit :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:22 am

Ironic that we'd have got more points last season had we not had that spell of not knowing if game was going ahead or not.

This season we could do with a break to lower the number of player injured and we can't.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:57 am

Port Vale coming here on the crest of a wave while we are still floundering, i must say while ever Hewitt is in central defence we are vulnerable.
Forrester, Oates, have chest infections, Maris , Macca, Nartey, Stirk, Gordon, Perch, Hawkins with a back problem.
To many players missing we must be underdogs, Quinn will be wound up like a elastic band, and i expect the Vale will have plans to take him out, he will get some rough treatment.
i get the feeling we are waiting till Jan not for new signings, but to get our injured players back.
Still feeling low after Northampton game, Quinn, Sinclair, in, Marris, Macca out, good luck to the young players coming in.
We can say they get their chance at Mansfield.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:24 am

Port Vale were a mid table team last season and have vastly improved, we were a mid table team last season and have vastly deteriorated.
0-3, and want to be proved wrong! I'd love a scrappy 1-0 win to build confidence and move us in the right direction, but I just cant see it.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:21 pm

All,

Out of respect for how I found out what I previously posted I have deleted said post. Mainly as it is unfair on the player concerned. Not that he is the victim in all this, one man (Nigel) and 3,000 Mansfield fans.
Last edited by I am Spartacus on Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

I have, hence I'm not replying any longer.

As I said, I'm not Flitcroft's biggest fan but can acknowledge the good he did, and is currently doing. And certainly what he did year is light years away from what we have at the moment.

But you’ve haven’t said what he’s doing that’s the whole point. If vale were in our position and I said it was DF’s fault you & others would say it’s not as he’s not the manager so you can’t have it both ways. I’ll ask again, what good has DF done for port vale? It’s a simple question mate.

Regarding balance I’ve given DF credit on here many times. In case you missed it I can remember when we beat morecambe 4-0, some of the football was incredible and I even got a high five from the man himself at full time. But when you look at his time here those times were few and far between and his record shows that he failed twice, no matter how people like to dress it up.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:25 pm

Even Clough would say tonight could be his last game and so would nearly all of the team.
It depends if a question was asked or if Ward just came out with a statement.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:03 pm

Dan is never wrong about owt. Havent you learnt yet. What he doesnt know about things aint worth knowing. Hes a know all know nowt.
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum