{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Nigel Clough; Orient post match

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Nigel Clough; Orient post match

Postby Spiritater » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:47 pm

stag324 wrote:Good on TS for apologising.

Stupid mistake but we are entitled to do it once, if he repeats it, then its a problem.

As for Quinn, it is down right idiotic

You're not allowed to criticise Quinn according to bear or you'll be accused of Quinn bashing.

As said and Ill stand by it Quinn's action was premeditated stupidity. Ty's error was was not.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:59 am

Stupid mistake but we are entitled to do it once, if he repeats it, then its a problem.

For ty I don't really class it as a mistake. I class it as a human reaction. Shoved to the ground from behind and then dragged by his leg. What's he supposed to do? just let himself be dragged around a football pitch?

It's easy to say he shouldn't have done it, their lad shouldn't have dragged him. If he hands dragged him he wouldn't have kicked out. I wonder if he will get a ban, their player, I mean.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:45 am

gazza1988 wrote:

For ty I don't really class it as a mistake. I class it as a human reaction. Shoved to the ground from behind and then dragged by his leg. What's he supposed to do? just let himself be dragged around a football pitch?

It's easy to say he shouldn't have done it, their lad shouldn't have dragged him. If he hands dragged him he wouldn't have kicked out. I wonder if he will get a ban, their player, I mean.

I don’t think the player who had hold of Sinclair even got a booking? Ridiculous, especially when his actions led to a melee & resulted in bookings for numerous other players.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:50 am

Beyond The Pale wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

I don’t think the player who had hold of Sinclair even got a booking? Ridiculous, especially when his actions led to a melee & resulted in bookings for numerous other players.

Seems like every other team is doing it to try and gain an advantage. Doing stuff that somehow isn't noticed by refs and then goading other players into getting sent off.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:02 am

gazza1988 wrote:

I think Archibald should have been booked. But he wasn't. He certainly won't get a ban.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:15 am

In my view he should. If we want to get technical in Ty's case its self defence. He grabbed him against his will and dragged him. He had every right to defend himself.

That's players actions caused handbags which could have escalated into a full on brawl. The FA should do more to target the instigators. Had ne not dragged him then there's no kick, and no handbags. He should have been carded for the shove and carded again for the drag.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:37 am

Maybe if Ty had not reacted in the way he did the Orient player would have been booked. Ty's reaction probably took the official's attention away from the original offence. The baying crowd could also have been an influence on the official. Shouldn't happen, but it does.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:57 am

gazza1988 wrote:

Ty did not make a mistake, it was a normal human reaction, he was dragged by the left leg, what could he do, he was being dragged around the football pitch.
Clough got it wrong, the ref definitely got it wrong,, On this evidence we must appeal, and i look forward to him being in the team against Barrow.
Quinn was punished for being stupid, Both got sent off for kicking a opponent, both got a 3 match ban, no excuses
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:01 pm

bear 73 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Ty did not make a mistake, it was a normal human reaction, he was dragged by the left leg, what could he do, he was being dragged around the football pitch.
Clough got it wrong, the ref definitely got it wrong,, On this evidence we must appeal, and i look forward to him being in the team against Barrow.
Quinn was punished for being stupid, Both got sent off for kicking a opponent, both got a 3 match ban, no excuses

When the players comes out and admits what he done, what possible chance have you got with an appeal? :lol:

It was stupid by Ty, he's apologised. We move on.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:01 pm

P-S Quinns further 3 points was for a head butt, taking losing control to a new level
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:58 pm

bear 73 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

After becoming untangled, Ty appeared to kick out at the player. That's why he got sent off. I think the only thing the official got wrong was not booking the Orient player for the original foul.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:12 pm

bear 73 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

He did make a mistake... kicking their player. Doesn't matter if their lad was holding his leg, he was stupid enough to retaliate. Theres no appeal, theres no other view to it.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:35 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

He did make a mistake... kicking their player. Doesn't matter if their lad was holding his leg, he was stupid enough to retaliate. Theres no appeal, theres no other view to it.

I don't think that he actually kicked the player who was dragging him by his leg. The player let go as Ty struggled, and he kicked out as it was freed. The linesman was unsighted, and from his position he'd have only seen Ty's foot fly up, and the reaction of the Orient player would have led him to believe that Ty had actually made contact. Yes, Ty struggled in a petulant way, but who wouldn't, under the circumstances. I don't see any point in appealing though, if Ty has been obliged to apologise.

Perhaps it's time that Stags players learnt how to hold an opponent on the blind side of the officials and then roll about in agony. It seems to be an effective tactic.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:52 pm

Who said anything about appealing? I merely suggested action should be taken against the perpetrator.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:03 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Who said anything about appealing? I merely suggested action should be taken against the perpetrator.

bear 73.

We certainly won't be appealing, nor should we.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:07 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Who said anything about appealing? I merely suggested action should be taken against the perpetrator.

bear 73.

We certainly won't be appealing, nor should we.

Ah I read it wrong. I thought he was suggesting I wanted to appeal.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum