{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The O's Score Thread Sponsored By Iyseden Christie...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The O's Score Thread Sponsored By Iyseden Christie...

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:44 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Effort ratio win

& Time
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:57 pm

Beyond The Pale wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:I was looking forward to this before I realised I’m going to be on my hollybobs

Hollybobs? Are you five?

That has got to be one of the weakest attempts at firing at Belly that i've seen. I am very much looking forward to his response.

Pucker up, he might bend over for you :roll: :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:54 pm

Always look forward to this one. I lived just off Leyton High Rd as a teenager and we could hear the crowd from our back garden. I stood on the old North Stand terrace many times with my school-mates, but when Stags came to town I moved over to the other side of the ground.

I went to Orient's open day before the start of one season and they'd just signed Iyseden. I was really keen to meet him, but when I asked Barry Hearn where he was, he said he was moving his stuff down from Mansfield. I did get to meet other O's stars, Matt Lockwood (deadly with a set piece), future Stags defender, Stuart Hicks, and current Villa manager, Dean Smith.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 pm

I remember Lockwood. Always weighed in with 5-10 goals a season from pens and free kicks. Great left foot.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:21 am

yorkstag wrote:I would play James Clarke - deserves his chance.
Shame about Stirk - I thought he was excellent when he came on Saturday.

Definitely our 3rd best right back behind O Keefe and Perch.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:32 pm

I'll be travelling down from Sunderland. Leaving my house at 5am and not getting back until 6.30am Sunday morning.

I'd settle for a dull 0-0 right now if you offered it.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:28 pm

Well once more a similar size club, and they have spent less on players, with home advantage and won 3 drawn 2 lost one ,they are certainly on a role.
We go into this low on confidence having drawn 1 and lost 4, pressure is on, and giving a solid defensive display is long overdue and not been done since Perch got injured.
I wish all our supporters a good day out, and coming back with a point would be very good.
Im going with home advantage, a narrow defeat
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Hawkins is playing centre back, Gordon out and Hewitt right back!
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:55 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:Hawkins is playing centre back, Gordon out and Hewitt right back!

Gazzas keyboard is getting some right hammering as we speak :D :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:07 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Nottsstag100 wrote:Hawkins is playing centre back, Gordon out and Hewitt right back!

I think Hawkins is our best player up top but from the information I have he’s starting in cb, not like we have a choice against this big striker
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:02 pm

broomo wrote:I'll be travelling down from Sunderland. Leaving my house at 5am and not getting back until 6.30am Sunday morning.

I'd settle for a dull 0-0 right now if you offered it.

Fair do's mate thats absolute madness! :lol:

Kills me doing the 20 mins drive home after defeat at field mill!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:37 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

If needs must then needs must. We've 1 fit centre half, the options are a probably "not ready" Cooper, Hewitt (a right back), Hawkins (a centre forward, who said he's enjoyed the position before), Macca, our current makeshift left back, full back Clarke, midfielder Ward. Bowery played a few in pre season

Can't hammer the keyboard too much. I'll break my phone screen.

Looking at our options and based on previous viewing. Hawkins could be good there. Would need to view for myself to see if he has enough to warrant it. See I base my opinion on how players perform in positions/roles. Gordon is an attacking players and weak defensively, full back isn't his bag, certainly at the moment.

Yet another back 4 arrangement though. Could go sideways. We will have to wait and see.

Is stirk playing? Macca may not have the cover he usually has and could struggle.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:08 pm

We just need Chris Withe, Ian Stringfellow and Gary Ford

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:16 pm

Keep Faz and Hewitt... changing it every week I'm not so keen on.

Wouldn't be happy either to go into the game sacrificing our best attacking option to play him at the back. That would be worrying about our opposition too much rather than focusing on us and our own game.

But depends if Clough thinks Clarke is ready to start a game at rightback. Cant see any other options other than Clarke or Hewitt to play there.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:22 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We just need Chris Withe, Ian Stringfellow and Gary Ford

Don Sedgwick Howe would have Fordy at RB :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:16 pm

Anyone know how many we've sold?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:02 am

I wouldn't imagine too many. I'd have gone if we'd been looking the part, playing well and winning, but we seem miles away atm. We've hardly looked convincing in any game so far this season and with our sieve of a defence it gives me no confidence to travel and part with probably 70-80 quid for the day.
Pity really as Brisbane Rd is a ground to tick off before I die. I have to travel with hope in my heart and not dread, but with the Keystone Cops playing for us it's dread atm.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:53 am

Spiritater wrote:I wouldn't imagine too many. I'd have gone if we'd been looking the part, playing well and winning, but we seem miles away atm. We've hardly looked convincing in any game so far this season and with our sieve of a defence it gives me no confidence to travel and part with probably 70-80 quid for the day.
Pity really as Brisbane Rd is a ground to tick off before I die. I have to travel with hope in my heart and not dread, but with the Keystone Cops playing for us it's dread atm.

Now you’ve torn it. Broomo will be questioning your commitment.

Brisbane Road is a not bad ground but it’s in one of the biggest Ming Holes in this country.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:22 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:I wouldn't imagine too many. I'd have gone if we'd been looking the part, playing well and winning, but we seem miles away atm. We've hardly looked convincing in any game so far this season and with our sieve of a defence it gives me no confidence to travel and part with probably 70-80 quid for the day.

Brisbane Road is a not bad ground but it’s in one of the biggest Ming Holes in this country.

No I won't and I wouldn't make such a big thing of you hardly ever watching if you didn't try to dismiss every bit of my football knowledge as "sticking up for my mate" and then trotting out the same "you're not a fan" garbage.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:33 am

ParisStag wrote:Anyone know how many we've sold?

We were given 300 and late last night we'd sold 286 just before they went offline
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:43 am

Apathy!

;) :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:47 am

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

No I won't and I wouldn't make such a big thing of you hardly ever watching if you didn't try to dismiss every bit of my football knowledge as "sticking up for my mate" and then trotting out the same "you're not a fan" garbage.

So you think other peoples opinion's are garbage? in actual fact from what I've read of your "football knowledge" posted on this Mansfield Town FC supporters board you do stick up for Mr Clough whenever his managerial ability is questioned and in my personal opinion, for what it's worth, you are a Nigel Clough fan by default of your personal relationship with him and not a true Mansfield Town FC supporter. If Mr Clough wasn't here you wouldn't be either. However you are entitled to your opinion the same as everyone else and having said that you are very welcome here to post your opinions
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby broomo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:02 am

diablo wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

So you think other peoples opinion's are garbage? in actual fact from what I've read of your "football knowledge" posted on this Mansfield Town FC supporters board you do stick up for Mr Clough whenever his managerial ability is questioned and in my personal opinion, for what it's worth, you are a Nigel Clough fan by default of your personal relationship with him and not a true Mansfield Town FC supporter. If Mr Clough wasn't here you wouldn't be either. However you are entitled to your opinion the same as everyone else and having said that you are very welcome here to post your opinions

It'a not the first time someone has tried to twist my words to "blanket" things.

I didn't say other peoples opinions were garbage at all.

I said that opinion constantly trotted out by that poster is garbage.

I don't stick up for him "wherever" his managerial ability is questioned. I stick up for him when the same posters constantly ram the same views down throats on every thread.

I have no "relationship" with him these days, other than I've chosen to follow his managerial career rather than a specific team.

I watched literally hundreds of games alongside his dad and talked football for hours on end. I'd like to think I learned a little bit about players and the shape of games from him.

To have that constantly dismissed as "he's just sticking up for his mate" is annoying and out of order. Proper Mansfield fan or not.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:08 am

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Like I said, non Mansfield fan, I’d seen more games by the age of 10 than you ever will. Non fan.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:16 am

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Like I said, non Mansfield fan, I’d seen more games by the age of 10 than you ever will. Non fan.

So it must really hurt that by the end of this season I'll have seen more games than you have over the past 5 seasons, maybe longer?. Proper fan.
broomo
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum