{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Aidan Stone

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Aidan Stone

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:34 pm

I recently interviewed Aidan Stone, about his time at Mansfield, I hope you enjoy.

Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby bear 73 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Thank you for sharing this interview, it must have been hard for Stone to talk about not having a new contract, and having to move on.
It shows the highs and lows of professional football, to be called up to being No1 and then having to leave the club.
But he leaves with all our best wishes, and i hope having learned a lot while here to take forward in his footballing career.
Good luck for the future.
bear 73
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby Vice President » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Good interview. He came across really well. I am pleased that he has a couple of offers and wish him all the best for the future.
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby Rob » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Good luck to him, personally I'd have kept him as no 2.
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6453
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:28 pm

I think if Marek Stech had been out of contract then NC would have kept him on. He did enough in his breakthrough season to be given more time.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9491
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:42 pm

I agree. He did make errors but as he says he’s 21 and it was his first season.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he goes on the have a career at a higher level than league 2

Good luck to him
yorkstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys, was great to sit and chat with him about his time, as well as his thoughts on things at the club.

Shame he has been let go, as still only 21, but it clear Clough has other options in mind. Wish him well for the future, as he got great potential.
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby my name is jonas » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:34 pm

I hope the lad gets a deal somewhere, a decent keeper on his day, was harsh to release him I reckon, prob because of Stech having the extra year I imagine.
my name is jonas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:42 am

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:23 pm

Yep, Aiden axed because that clown GC gave butter fingers a two year deal. :oops:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22789
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Very unlucky to be released in my opinion
Good luck to him. Hope he gets a contract somewhere
User avatar
yellowstagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Just over border (Derbyshire)

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:58 pm

Spiritater wrote:Yep, Aiden axed because that clown GC gave butter fingers a two year deal. :oops:

We get your tumescence for Stech. Just could you lay off it a bit. It’s dull.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16776
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:54 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Yep, Aiden axed because that clown GC gave butter fingers a two year deal. :oops:

We get your tumescence for Stech. Just could you lay off it a bit. It’s dull.

No, the board is for all to say what you want. Here's an idea sunshine, block me if you find what I post is dull.

As if I'm bothered about you finding it dull. :lol:

Jog on .
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22789
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:43 pm

If everyone did that you'd be talking to yourself mate :D
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:51 pm

well done on the interview Mark

I feel bad about not making a video clip of his save at Exeter now.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22392
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:32 pm

Thanks Martin, keep up the good work :mtfc:
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:33 am

Richard Cranium wrote:If everyone did that you'd be talking to yourself mate :D


Well obviously.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22789
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby victor A block » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:44 am

Good interview and seems a genuine guy but doesn't alter my opinion he wasn't good enough . He may be young but it's not for us to wallow another 5 years bottom half of league 2 whilst we wait for improvement. I think Nigel has done the right thing . The last keeper we had who was consistently at the level required was Marriott and that's a while ago now .
victor A block
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:51 am

victor A block wrote:Good interview and seems a genuine guy but doesn't alter my opinion he wasn't good enough . He may be young but it's not for us to wallow another 5 years bottom half of league 2 whilst we wait for improvement. I think Nigel has done the right thing . The last keeper we had who was consistently at the level required was Marriott and that's a while ago now .



I think we need a goalie who is good enough right now, like you say not waiting years and years for them to potentially improve.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7644
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby bear 73 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:30 am

Perhaps the right place wrong time, with Stech being so poor, he was over exposed to early, and with Stech having a long contract Nigel could .
not afford to keep both of them, Stech would be in is rights to sit this year out.
bear 73
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby Vice President » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:09 am

I think Nigel has done the right thing in releasing both keepers. Hopefully Stech can also find a new club quickly.
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Aidan Stone

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:40 am

Stech is still our keeper, as he only transfer listed.
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big yella, PEAR CIDER and 28 guests