{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:12 pm

Can you imagine if we didn’t try signing these players in a similar position there’d be uproar. They have to at least try to get out ASAP. Hope they don’t, yet.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Dover must be wondering how this can happen, I've no problem acquiring players but not when tax payers money is being spent on the wages.
they would be in uproar if it was Hartlepool.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:25 pm

Are we rate here or what ?
How on earth are they allowed to use government funds to help pay certain players wages but use their own funds to sign new players and pay their wages...?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:34 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Can you imagine if we didn’t try signing these players in a similar position there’d be uproar. They have to at least try to get out ASAP. Hope they don’t, yet.
I agree they need to get out of the league. It's the way they appear to be doing it that seems questionable. I can see there being a rumpus from the clubs who were denied a loan.
I think it's a good signing nevertheless.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:37 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Dan wrote:Come on chaps lighten up. He’s only here for a bit of light hearted fun, I like him/her.

Indeed.. makes for some light hearted debate between rivals... Lets be honest i think everyone on here pretty much hates each other anyway (judging by the amount of bitching that goes on :lol:) so i think ye olde spireite1983 should be welcomed.

Theres afew of us who so our faces over on blobs board so whats the issue?

Don't think there are any Stags fans on Bob's Board. Rob used to post, but don't think so anymore.

Dunno if it's just me, but I think it's a bit sad sitting on your rivals forum baiting folk. Sometimes I think I spend too much reading raspberry on here never mind on blobs board or the county one. I get that were rivals and we don't like each other but yeah

Im on blobs board... I dont bait people just try and add a stags perspective on things :D
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:38 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Confirmed, Danny Rowe to Chesterfield. Undisclosed fee

Good signing in fairness.... S**t or bust though
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:39 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Confirmed, Danny Rowe to Chesterfield. Undisclosed fee

Good signing in fairness.... S**t or bust though
On blobs bored they say he's signed a three year contract.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:25 pm

Well he spent yrs in non league ,and some folks said we should try and sign him ,he didn’t last long in league football and is probably back we’re he belongs
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:30 pm

They need to hope he doesn’t get injured.

This really is a desperation signing and the future of the club apparently depends on it and the others they have spent their future on. If they fail, they will be gone along with the taxpayers money.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:31 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:They need to hope he doesn’t get injured.

This really is a desperation signing and the future of the club apparently depends on it and the others they have spent their future on. If they fail, they will be gone along with the taxpayers money.

Really really strange situation down at the tesco arena... One minute their hours away from extinction... The next minute theve signed 19 (!) players.

Would be interested to see the accounts from this season... Surely it doesnt add up?!.. Not specifically having a dig just curious to how this business model works!.

Even if (and its a big if) they make it back to lg2 next season surely there debt will still be massive? I mean were talking lg2 here not the champs league :lol:

Doesnt make sense at all.... Danny rowe must be buzzing to blag a 3yr deal!.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:55 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:

Really really strange situation down at the tesco arena... One minute their hours away from extinction... The next minute theve signed 19 (!) players.

Would be interested to see the accounts from this season... Surely it doesnt add up?!.. Not specifically having a dig just curious to how this business model works!.

Even if (and its a big if) they make it back to lg2 next season surely there debt will still be massive? I mean were talking lg2 here not the champs league :lol:

Three year deal in non league :shock:

Anyone know when we last offered a three year deal to a player?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:00 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

No way of knowing i spose.... Guessing we might of offered matt green or chrissy G something long term to try and make them stay?
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:09 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

No way of knowing i spose.... Guessing we might of offered matt green or chrissy G something long term to try and make them stay?

I'm sure someone will know, but we usually give out 1 or 2 year deals don't we? Three is a big risk if he's crap, or gets a bad injury.

Guess they're having a go at it, is kinda bull when there's no relegation this year so most of the league has given up already and also putting players on furlough and signing new ones. Scummers!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:24 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

I'm sure someone will know, but we usually give out 1 or 2 year deals don't we? Three is a big risk if he's crap, or gets a bad injury.

Guess they're having a go at it, is kinda bull when there's no relegation this year so most of the league has given up already and also putting players on furlough and signing new ones. Scummers!

Would understand if they were one point off the autos but to put all your eggs in one basket to try and secure the play offs is madness! Everyone knows there a complete lottery.

Genuine question for chumpta, search & destroy and spireite1983... Whats your take on this? & who controls the purse strings over at the blue side of the M1?

Could easily find themselves stuck in non league again next season with a expensive squad of 39!...surely not sustainable.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:25 pm

I just really hope they go bust. Would laugh my head off.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:34 pm

At what point can't you bring in new players?
Surely won't be allowed to sign new players in playoffs.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:41 pm

Mansf1eld wrote:Jusy had delivery of party hats and party poppers for when they go bang.

I am going to laugh so hard when they have to rename.

Chesterfield AFC in the 12th division pub team counties league sponsored by happy shopper.

Christ alive I better order some bunting aswell now.

I can smell the winding up order from here.
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:24 pm

chip63 wrote:At what point can't you bring in new players?
Surely won't be allowed to sign new players in playoffs.
The National League transfer window closes tonight.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spireite1983 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:08 am

Personally I think this is a quality signing and it shows a sign of intent.
All players barring a few were only given 1 year contracts at the start of the season so the team and books will naturally balance when all the overpaid drivel have left our club
It looks to me like James Rowe is being very clever indeed. Buy players in the wake of a pandemic for cheap or even free and build this season for a good season next year.
Clubs when they get fans back will in my opinion start overcharging gor their assets as they will need to recoup whatever they can so Mr Rowe may not have been able to build as much as he has done

Very astute in my eyes

Cant wait to see a Rowe - Asante forward line.... makes me do a sexy wee in my pants :shock:
Spireite1983
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:31 am

Spireite1983 wrote:Personally I think this is a quality signing and it shows a sign of intent.
All players barring a few were only given 1 year contracts at the start of the season so the team and books will naturally balance when all the overpaid drivel have left our club
It looks to me like James Rowe is being very clever indeed. Buy players in the wake of a pandemic for cheap or even free and build this season for a good season next year.
Clubs when they get fans back will in my opinion start overcharging gor their assets as they will need to recoup whatever they can so Mr Rowe may not have been able to build as much as he has done

Very astute in my eyes

Cant wait to see a Rowe - Asante forward line.... makes me do a sexy wee in my pants :shock:

neither will ever be as good as Matt green and rhead
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:40 am

Spireite1983 wrote:Personally I think this is a quality signing and it shows a sign of intent.

Very astute in my eyes

I agree with you bud Rowe is a great signing.

However, it's the way your club has gone about it that doesn't sit right with me. It's not necessarily because it's your club that has done it. I would be critical of the Stags if they had done similar.

Furloughing players in order to get better players and applying for loans to get you through the season then paying fees for at least three players just doesn't seem right to me.

If you do gain promotion ( you've got a much better chance now ) I think it will be a hollow one.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:50 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Very astute in my eyes

He’s obviously not seen Rowe play lately , no speed ,over weight , has a bit of skill and can finish a special when given time . On his way down hill and will think he’s won the lottery with that deal .
Oh yes he’s a good plasterer apparently. .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:15 am

Sheep know it's their best chance to get out of t'pit. As has been said half the clubs are playing their U11s as they know there's zero chance of relegation. When they come up against the better sides at the top end they struggle. Hope Clownty get their act together and do em in the playoffs. At least that way they'll have done it right and not dodgily.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:16 am

daddycool wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Very astute in my eyes

He’s obviously not seen Rowe play lately , no speed ,over weight , has a bit of skill and can finish a special when given time . On his way down hill and will think he’s won the lottery with that deal .
Oh yes he’s a good plasterer apparently. .

Isn't every non league player a good plasterer? They all do it on the side :lol:
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:19 am

Yep, Greeny plastered my kitchen in 2012 :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater