{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

DEMPSTER OUT

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: DEMPSTER OUT

Postby spanishstag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:19 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Beano wrote:Insults always resolve debates. :)

Sometimes

Hardly ever, more like.

Some people you cant argue with ,just an obsevation edders
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:27 pm

Standard fare from Spanish stag

Lose the argument then post some semi lame abuse and make yourself look even more daft.

Give your head a shake :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:30 pm

adamstag wrote:Standard fare from Spanish stag

Lose the argument then post some semi lame abuse and make yourself look even more daft.

Give your head a shake :lol:

Lose the argument ,you havent even got one dipstick
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:32 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:It’s disappointing that it’s 1pm the following day and he still hasn’t been sacked.

No its not ,whats great about seeing someone lose their job,its not working out but its somebodies livelyhood

So in your whole work history you've never known any underperforming member of staff and thought/said they need sacking. What a saint!

No i have never celebrated ,or instigated anyone losing their livelyhood ,if that makes me a saint ,so be it

I smell bull.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:It’s disappointing that it’s 1pm the following day and he still hasn’t been sacked.

No its not ,whats great about seeing someone lose their job,its not working out but its somebodies livelyhood

So in your whole work history you've never known any underperforming member of staff and thought/said they need sacking. What a saint!

No i have never celebrated ,or instigated anyone losing their livelyhood ,if that makes me a saint ,so be it

I smell bull.

Don’t waste your time.

You’d get more sense out of your next door neighbours dog.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

I smell bull.

Your problem is your nose is to close to your arse
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:39 pm

adamstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No its not ,whats great about seeing someone lose their job,its not working out but its somebodies livelyhood

I smell bull.

Don’t waste your time.

You’d get more sense out of your next door neighbours dog.

Probably, Buddy is a smart little thing. ;)
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:43 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No its not ,whats great about seeing someone lose their job,its not working out but its somebodies livelyhood

I smell bull.

Your problem is your nose is to close to your arse

The world already knows I'm a short arse, and now it knows you're a liar.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:45 pm

spanishstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Beano wrote:Insults always resolve debates. :)

Sometimes

Hardly ever, more like.

Some people you cant argue with ,just an obsevation edders
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:08 pm

JD would get far less flack IF the fans were served up something approaching entertainment.
Apart from a couple of exceptions, we have been fed dour, uninspiring fodder all season.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:28 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:JD would get far less flack IF the fans were served up something approaching entertainment.
Apart from a couple of exceptions, we have been fed dour, uninspiring fodder all season.

Its been bloody abysmal i watch every weekend but its getting to be a chore
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:25 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Same in any job senor .... if your not good enough to do that job ... your out !!!!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:When Evans was here, he split opinion but we were going in the right direction, so all the talks was irrelevant because we could handle having an idiot in charge, the league made up for it.

The utter tripe we've seen this season is not only making the fans turn against the management, but also each other, and the board. A promotion tilt looks impossible.

It's tearing us apart.

What a horrible place to be.

What exactly did the Scottish manager achieve at our club?

Exactly the same as your mate Flitcroft...
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:55 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
trenty wrote:It was raspberries or bust last year with the budget so this year we will have to cut our cloth accordingly

Most would have accepted that if JR hadn't said the clear ambition for the season (on more than one occasion) is and still remains promotion.

If it's a season of consolidation then they should manage fans expectations. Treat people like kids they ultimately behave like them when things don't go to plan. Had expectations been appropriately managed I doubt the level of toxicity would be anywhere near the current levels.

And if he'd come out in the summer & said "Well I'd be happy to finish between 10th & 20th this season" do you think people would've bought season tickets, match tickets, shirts, merchandise etc?! Honestly sometimes this place :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:31 pm

Dan wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
trenty wrote:It was raspberries or bust last year with the budget so this year we will have to cut our cloth accordingly

Most would have accepted that if JR hadn't said the clear ambition for the season (on more than one occasion) is and still remains promotion.

If it's a season of consolidation then they should manage fans expectations. Treat people like kids they ultimately behave like them when things don't go to plan. Had expectations been appropriately managed I doubt the level of toxicity would be anywhere near the current levels.

And if he'd come out in the summer & said "Well I'd be happy to finish between 10th & 20th this season" do you think people would've bought season tickets, match tickets, shirts, merchandise etc?! Honestly sometimes this place :roll:

No Dan, but again to reiterate my point JR has stated a on more than occasion well past season ticket renewals the ambition is promotion and continues to be the message. He already has my money so can say what he wants now. Current performances will put off anyone paying weekly to continue to doing so.

Whats going to be more damaging to the fan base? A message from the chairman clearly stating that promotion is the ambition for the season but in order to manage expectations of you the fans the budget has been reduced for this season as we continue to build and ensure that we can realise our longer term ambitions of championship football. However we still need your support for the season ahead and thank you for doing so.

Or

Project promotion is again on this season but instead serving up the drivel we see before us? Leading to infighting amongst the fan base, the players, manager, backroom staff and directors?

People will start to vote with their feet and all the hard work over the last few seasons to build up the fan base will be undone and it will take a number of years to build it back up again if it continues in the same fashion for the remainder of the season hitting JR in the pocket longer term. Short term pain for long term gain would be a reasonable message had it been done correctly.

You can roll your eye's but your taking an extremely short term view. Given all that JR has done for our club i'd be willing to accept a year of consolidation had that message been managed effectively (I'm sure others would too). The longer JR continues with JD as manager given the actions of the club aren't in line with the ambitions he has stated people's goodwill start to erode.

This will then hit next season's ticket sales when funds may be needed for another run at promotion.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:35 pm

Dan wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

To be fair Dan, you are right. Which is better though? Being told what to expect honestly and losing a few season ticket holders or basically lying and giving fans "buyers remorse" (by lying I mean if 10th-20th is fine even though it's been said promotion is the aim)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:51 pm

You know what...

After last season I was so deflated I hesitatingly renewed my ST for this season.

I know its early days so far but next season, I'm fearing might be a no no on what I have witnessed this season. I can't justify to Mrs B dishing out a considerable amount of money up front on something that is not entertaining/productive/enjoyable

However, I do hope to eat my proverbial 'hat'.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:You know what...

After last season I was so deflated I hesitatingly renewed my ST for this season.

I know its early days so far but next season, I'm fearing might be a no no on what I have witnessed this season. I can't justify to Mrs B dishing out a considerable amount of money up front on something that is not entertaining/productive/enjoyable

However, I do hope to eat my proverbial 'hat'.

Thankfully i took that decision when JD was appointed
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:17 am

Stags 2002 wrote:

Doubt many would've bought a ST though if he'd said, 'we're giving Demps a season to settle in and see how it goes' :cry:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:12 am

Spiritater wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

Doubt many would've bought a ST though if he'd said, 'we're giving Demps a season to settle in and see how it goes' :cry:

Think we all had a nasty feeling it wouldn’t go well - and it looks as if they’re going to persevere with him even though his football, tactics etc are spectacularly poor.

With the funds available I genuinely believe this is worse than the season we got relegated to date.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 am

We can only dream that this Monday morning might bring us the news the majority of us want to hear that our season isn't just a write off.....but then there's been 4 or 5 Monday disappointments before so won't hold my breath.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:56 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:We can only dream that this Monday morning might bring us the news the majority of us want to hear that our season isn't just a write off.....but then there's been 4 or 5 Monday disappointments before so won't hold my breath.

I fully expect some form of news either way. Ie we're proper backing him or letting him go. Its been very quiet over the weekend from the heirachy. No social media posts or anything. I imagine there will be a board meeting at 9 am especially now there have been to removal polls
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:41 am

Chander Lear wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:We can only dream that this Monday morning might bring us the news the majority of us want to hear that our season isn't just a write off.....but then there's been 4 or 5 Monday disappointments before so won't hold my breath.

I fully expect some form of news either way. Ie we're proper backing him or letting him go. Its been very quiet over the weekend from the heirachy. No social media posts or anything. I imagine there will be a board meeting at 9 am especially now there have been to removal polls

I think they will give him another fortnight. If we lose way at Swindon and then get knocked out the FA Cup he’ll be gone.

I personally think the longer he stays the longer we are just delaying the inevitable though, fan pressure is too high and managers don’t come back from this stage usually.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:46 am

Agree with part of Stags 2002 post that as JR has done so much for the club I would back him if he wants to keep JD and just have the bedding in season and its all average mid table stuff.
Its obvious we wont go down but JR would probably need to come and say that he backs JD and knows results not been great but I am prepared to give him time etc etc and then we would perhaps all settle down a bit then.

At the moment the club leaders all seem fully signed up to promotion promotion promotion but under JD this is not reality.

If we are spanked at Swindon which is possible maybe this will be last straw.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 am

Been a dead-man-walking for months.

What makes a 0-0 away at Macclesfield so special?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum