{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bobby

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bobby

Postby Sneag » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:11 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I was saying at the weekend that the Stags have two top quality experienced keepers and that Bobby Olejnik and Conrad Logan as a pair are probably the best keepers the Stags have ever had. Normally the Stags have had a very good No 1 keeper and then a young inexperienced keeper as a back up. Bobby has done a great job but it is now time for Conrad to step up and deliver.

Conrad's distribution is excellent. He's one of the best kickers in the league.

Conrads distribution is awful.

He kept a lot of clean sheets, but his keeping always reminded me of me riding a horse. Has the right gear, mostly stays in the saddle but is never in control of the situation.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:26 pm

Sneag wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I was saying at the weekend that the Stags have two top quality experienced keepers and that Bobby Olejnik and Conrad Logan as a pair are probably the best keepers the Stags have ever had. Normally the Stags have had a very good No 1 keeper and then a young inexperienced keeper as a back up. Bobby has done a great job but it is now time for Conrad to step up and deliver.

Conrads distribution is awful.

He kept a lot of clean sheets, but his keeping always reminded me of me riding a horse. Has the right gear, mostly stays in the saddle but is never in control of the situation.

Sneag you are spot on in my eyes, Logan never looked for a quick pass out & is not capable of throwing a ball out,miles to slow and sluggish
his only distribution is slow hoof up, Bobby has proven to me to be the catalyst for our new quick tempo build from the back style
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby StagR » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:31 pm

A difficult one for David Flitcroft. Conrad will PROBABLY do a good job for us, but does the manager now go for a quality keeper in January or still just focus on another centre back (not sure why ?) and a striker ? Really gutting for Bobby, who has been a key player in our unbeaten run - just look at his crucial saves in the County game. Hope to see him still with us next season in League 1 . . .
StagR
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stag95 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Wow. Shocking news :( He has been a revelation since coming in and we looks so much calmer at the back with him between the sticks. Having said that, Logan is still a good player who had a rough patch of form so hopefully he can show us what we saw from him last season.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Conrad is an excellent kicker. Watch the 2nd half of the B Team Trophy game against Bury. He gathers the ball from a corner and then puts a kick straight on to the end of CJ's toe running through on goal. Unfortunately CJ miscontrolled it but it was a great kick. Conrad is always looking for the quick kick to set up a counter attack but DF will probably want him to throw it out more.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:00 pm

Get Jake Kean. As others have said free agent.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Rob wrote:

I absolutely agree with this, Conrad is a great keeper at this level who just made a couple of errors (as all keepers do) and Bobby grabbed his chance magnificently. I have no concerns at all with Conrad taking over and suggest some of you above get behind him. He is a fantastic shot stopper and his distribution is generally excellent, yes I think Bobby is the more dominant, but I am not at all worried. One of the few decent things Evans did for our club (and there weren't many) was bringing in two good keepers.

Two posts worth reading again.

Let's have faith. UTS
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Don't forget that Conrad Logan was voted as the Chad's Player of the Season last season. The fans have short memories.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:08 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Don't forget that Conrad Logan was voted as the Chad's Player of the Season last season. The fans have short memories.

i have no faith in him Darren

he is too slow
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:10 pm

You were saying the same at the start of last season Dave but you were proved wrong. ;)
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Bad bad day out this.

Having said that, I think people are using inverse rose tinted glasses. There was a fag paper between the keepers at the start of the season. I think Conrad will step up
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:26 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:You were saying the same at the start of last season Dave but you were proved wrong. ;)

sorry mate, i just don’t see me being proved wrong

polar opposites our keepers different skill sets
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:28 pm

This might be a Paul Evans / Martin New moment.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:00 am

bellwhiff wrote:Bad bad day out this.

Having said that, I think people are using inverse rose tinted glasses. There was a fag paper between the keepers at the start of the season. I think Conrad will step up

Completely agree. Conrad is a good keeper.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:12 am

I wish Bobby all the best. We need a decent keeper. Conrad must step up and we must get behind him!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby daddycool » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:09 am

I don’t think Logan will let us down ,first choice last season and part of this . Most players have dips in form
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:52 am

Devastated All the best Bobby for a speedy recovery. Need a quality keeper urgently as I don’t rate Logan
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:08 am

Funny how when I used tp berate Logan, I got castigasted. Now a lot don`t seem to rate him!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:16 am

Come on guys Conrad made one really bad error against Colchester that cost him his place Bobby stepped up took his chance however football can deal some bad cards I wish Bobby a speedy recovery n hopefully see him next season in division one. As with Conrad were blessed to have two great keepers and with bad luck comes good luck to the young keeper playing for the under 21s his time to step up n be part of the 1st team covering for Conrad if needed hopefully not.

COYS Let's get behind the team were all Mansfield
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:22 am

Terrible news for Bobby . Like every keeper , he's had a few blips but on whole he's been excellent .I wish him all the best in his recovery .
Logan i's a very good keeper . His kicking is excellent . My worry is when the ball is crossed and his quick distribution isn't as good as Bobby's but we should be OK . I'm sure all the players throughout the squad have it drilled into them in our Flitcroft wants them to play . . Definitely need a back up in Jan .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:23 am

I’d say the only difference is Bobby is better from crosses and demanding his 6 yard box

Conrad is probably a better shot stopper and can pass a ball 40-50 yards very accurately normally.

It’s a blow but we could have lost someone a lot more influential in our team / season in my opinion.

We will be fine
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 am

When conrad came in for the cup games I thought he did well. Is Sam Wilson on a pro real? If so I don't think we can do an emergency loan.

I'd say to conrad "I'm getting a replacement for Bobby in January, make sure he doesn't come straight into the side."
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 am

I can’t believe majority are saying Sam Wilson isn’t good enough when vast majority have never seen him play
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 am

part time pete wrote:I can’t believe majority are saying Sam Wilson isn’t good enough when vast majority have never seen him play

Is he good enough Pete?
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:37 am

Yes Sam is, get him on the bench.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum