{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets - 5,171 sold, cap of 6,000 set

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets - over 4,300 sold - new interest-free opt

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:40 am

I think you have that the wrong way round Gazza. If we don't want to make a match 'all ticket' then we can only use 90% of the capacity. Those extra 690 tickets can only be sold if we don't sell any 'on the day'. Hence the reason some matches last season were announced as all ticket when we are getting close to 90% advance ticket sales.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:07 am

I'm thinking that if we can't have a new Bishop Street then it's getting very close to time that the club addresses the 'abandoned' 10% of the capacity.

It's been enforced for years and for whatever reason has never been solved. There'll be a time next season when those 700 seats will cost the club precious funds. So what's the stumbling block - any ideas? A twenty-three year old half-heartedly rebuilt stadium is pretty damning when you lose such a volume of its ability.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:14 am

Just done the maths (good job our capacity is only four figures!) The capacity of the home ends should be 7490, so it's nearer 600 that can't be facilitated - and about 250 in the away end??
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:54 am

DoomMerchant wrote:I'm thinking that if we can't have a new Bishop Street then it's getting very close to time that the club addresses the 'abandoned' 10% of the capacity.

It's been enforced for years and for whatever reason has never been solved. There'll be a time next season when those 700 seats will cost the club precious funds. So what's the stumbling block - any ideas? A twenty-three year old half-heartedly rebuilt stadium is pretty damning when you lose such a volume of its ability.

What’s the 700 seats? the ones we can’t sell on match day if it’s not all ticket?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:01 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Just done the maths (good job our capacity is only four figures!) The capacity of the home ends should be 7490, so it's nearer 600 that can't be facilitated - and about 250 in the away end??

A lot of those seats have been physically removed or can't be used, for example the rows behind the dugouts which are cordoned off to prevent Marky Mark getting to the away manager and coaches :lol:

We'd never be able to get over 9k even though on paper we should (listed official capacity is 9180). This is just one of the multiple reasons we need a simple stand on the Bish, it really is a no-brainer. A top Chief Exec would be all over this.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:05 am

I have spoken to one of the directors about this - someone would know about things like this.

It would be quite costly and access for building would be problematic. I was told it’s under constant review and discussion.

Add builder and civil engineer to the list of competencies possessed by those on here.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:09 am

Fantastic sales of tickets . However the total inflexibility of the ground and the fact that we only have 2 stands for home fans is going to cost the club money especially if we are doing well.
Looking this morning blocks J and H in the west stand are not available at all and in Block A they only release a handful of seats. Thats taking at least 500/600 off the west stand capacity and this happens every week when you try to buy tickets for a matchday online.
It was impossible to buy 2 seats together last season more than a few times, despite us never "selling out" Some people then just don't bother.
AND if we did manage to get promoted with the Bishop St rotting away, lack of forward planning will make the problem worse.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:17 am

victor A block wrote:Fantastic sales of tickets . However the total inflexibility of the ground and the fact that we only have 2 stands for home fans is going to cost the club money especially if we are doing well.
Looking this morning blocks J and H in the west stand are not available at all and in Block A they only release a handful of seats. Thats taking at least 500/600 off the west stand capacity and this happens every week when you try to buy tickets for a matchday online.
It was impossible to buy 2 seats together last season more than a few times, despite us never "selling out" Some people then just don't bother.
AND if we did manage to get promoted with the Bishop St rotting away, lack of forward planning will make the problem worse.
What a fantastic problem we have got. Haslam would bury his head and take the no action route but I feel with the current owners we have got they will be more proactive now that last seasons sales were not a flash in the pan. Lower league crowds are massively up from only four or five years ago. We need to speculate to accumulate by enabling no one is turned away including away fans if we get promoted
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:33 am

come on JR now is the time !!!!!

Get Bishop St sorted COYS
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:38 am

victor A block wrote:Fantastic sales of tickets . However the total inflexibility of the ground and the fact that we only have 2 stands for home fans is going to cost the club money especially if we are doing well.

That's it, you're on yorkstags list of experts now Vic :lol:

You are of course absolutely right, the season ticket sales alone make doing the stand now imperative and the money we'd lose by waiting until we win promotion would effectively pay for the stand once grants are taken into account. If we go up next season without the Bish I am pretty sure we would be very close to selling out home seat season tickets - leaving home fans locked out and a North Stand half empty most of the season - it would cost the club not just in lost gate receipts but in supporters as they would go do something else instead. It's a no-brainer.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:42 am

Rob wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Just done the maths (good job our capacity is only four figures!) The capacity of the home ends should be 7490, so it's nearer 600 that can't be facilitated - and about 250 in the away end??

A lot of those seats have been physically removed or can't be used, for example the rows behind the dugouts which are cordoned off to prevent Marky Mark getting to the away manager and coaches :lol:

We'd never be able to get over 9k even though on paper we should (listed official capacity is 9180). This is just one of the multiple reasons we need a simple stand on the Bish, it really is a no-brainer. A top Chief Exec would be all over this.

I sit in 'K' my owd mate - it's never full even when it's 'sold out'. K is obviously next to 'J' which is used for players families and not in the match day squad players (great for 'selfie with the stars' hungry kids btw) and that block has 1 (one) ticket available on the ticket office website. It has plenty sat in there on a game day but it's never more than half full.

And it can't go unnoticed that the likes of Bradford, chesterfield, Notts, Donny, Lincoln etc never fill all near 2000 capacity of the away end.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:57 am

yorkshire stag wrote:come on JR now is the time !!!!!

Get Bishop St sorted COYS
I'm sure if it was the right time now, it would be done. To do it properly would be costly (even taking grants into consideration). When or if we become a consolidated league 1 club it will be sorted
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:12 am

I think they should just address whether it’s likely to happen, and if not then why.

Not only would it give us a higher capacity but it also takes the pressure off the concessions stands that are a mess when we’re busy.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby PaulG » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:33 am

What about the alternative of filling in the gaps at each end of the West Stand. I have no idea of how expensive the build would be but, thereafter, issues like access and stewarding would be relatively straight forward.
PaulG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:54 am

Stag95 wrote:I think they should just address whether it’s likely to happen, and if not then why.

Not only would it give us a higher capacity but it also takes the pressure off the concessions stands that are a mess when we’re busy.

Has he not said on record (more than once) he deems us being in L1 the point at which further investment in the stadium would be undertaken.

I trust he knows what he’s doing, after all he’s built a multimillion pound business, flies his own helicopter and has mansions in the algarve and rural notts.
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:40 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
Stag95 wrote:I think they should just address whether it’s likely to happen, and if not then why.

Has he not said on record (more than once) he deems us being in L1 the point at which further investment in the stadium would be undertaken.

I trust he knows what he’s doing, after all he’s built a multimillion pound business, flies his own helicopter and has mansions in the algarve and rural notts.

We weren’t getting the attendances we’re getting now when he last spoke about it.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:59 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I'm thinking that if we can't have a new Bishop Street then it's getting very close to time that the club addresses the 'abandoned' 10% of the capacity.

Good point when you see the likes of Luton cramming them in to the rafters for years in a decrepit old stadium.
Just a bit of a gap in the seats at one end to segregate away support.
Before anyone mentions our trouble makers, Luton have always had their fair share aswell if not more so.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:23 pm

It’ll never get done because the cost will outweigh what will come in return.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:16 pm

I tend to agree Dan. Not a cat in hells chance it'll get done during a time when the cost of materials are through the roof. Plus I'm not actually sure that the desire has ever really fully been there.

I think JR is more than happy to prop up the playing side and fix the numerous issues with Haslam's garbage rebuild but a new build counting into the millions is probably a bridge too far unfortunately.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:23 pm

[quote][/quote]I sit in 'K' my owd mate - it's never full even when it's 'sold out'. K is obviously next to 'J' which is used for players families and not in the match day squad players (great for 'selfie with the stars' hungry kids btw) and that block has 1 (one) ticket available on the ticket office website. It has plenty sat in there on a game day but it's never more than half full.

K Block alone at this moment in time has 40 seats available to book as a new season ticket holder. Multiple blocks also have even more seats available to book. So there is no way you can justify a new BS stand at the moment.
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:36 pm

ST4GS wrote:
What a fantastic problem we have got. Haslam would bury his head and take the no action route but I feel with the current owners we have got they will be more proactive now that last seasons sales were not a flash in the pan. Lower league crowds are massively up from only four or five years ago. We need to speculate to accumulate by enabling no one is turned away including away fans if we get promoted

Sorry ST4GS but I think Haslam would be all over this one. He would use grants and other people’s money to get something built and then pocket every extra penny himself. He was never slow at coming forward when there was money to be made for himself.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:41 pm

Dan wrote:It’ll never get done because the cost will outweigh what will come in return.

I don't think it will get done any time soon either, but I disagree about the costs - the whole reason clubs increase capacity is to increase income, over time the stand would pay for itself, as long as we don't build a three tier stand! I'd say we are a similar size club to Lincoln, they've had success recently and outgrew their ground which was almost exactly the same capacity as ours - they are expanding, building a £2.5m stand, the funding breakdown is below. They're doing it even though they actually already have a 4 sided ground.

Funding for the £2.5 million development, which is expected to be completed in Summer 2024, has come from the Be Lincoln Town Deal, which has contributed £800k, Football Foundation, EFL Stadia Fund, Youth Investment Fund and Lincolnshire Co-operative as well as almost £400k from the Stacey West Investment Bond.

https://www.lincoln.gov.uk/news/article ... ent%20Bond.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:52 pm

Rob wrote:
Dan wrote:It’ll never get done because the cost will outweigh what will come in return.

I don't think it will get done any time soon either, but I disagree about the costs - the whole reason clubs increase capacity is to increase income, over time the stand would pay for itself, as long as we don't build a three tier stand! I'd say we are a similar size club to Lincoln, they've had success recently and outgrew their ground which was almost exactly the same capacity as ours - they are expanding, building a £2.5m stand, the funding breakdown is below. They're doing it even though they actually already have a 4 sided ground.

Funding for the £2.5 million development, which is expected to be completed in Summer 2024, has come from the Be Lincoln Town Deal, which has contributed £800k, Football Foundation, EFL Stadia Fund, Youth Investment Fund and Lincolnshire Co-operative as well as almost £400k from the Stacey West Investment Bond.

Maybe to get help with the funding you need to prove that your attendances are consistently at a level that warrants the extra space ( a business case). Our attendances have certainly been consistently higher over the last two seasons so maybe we are in for a shout down the line.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:59 pm

Rob wrote:

drink
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:27 pm

I don’t think we can get a grant for it because ‘he’ couldn’t get a grant for it which is why he tried to burn it down (allegedly). It will cost a lot more than Lincoln’s stand because theirs was already there whereas ours will need digging out and a lot of concrete filling in to get it up to pitch level etc. I bet you’d be looking at £3-4 million at least.
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum