{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New kit deal with Castore

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New kit deal with Castore

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu May 25, 2023 7:44 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Dan wrote:

The home kit is a throwback design, but without being simple enough to be retro.

The away kit is a forest kit. Is that because forest had a Mansfield kit for their away kit this season? Returning the favour.

Yeah that's exactly the reason they did it......
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 25, 2023 8:14 am

I knew some folk would be wanting Surridge back after moaning about them for years :lol:

I'd wait until they're announced. They could be mock ups or samples
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Thu May 25, 2023 8:28 am

I like them especially with the v necks always preferred that without any collar as well
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Thu May 25, 2023 8:47 am

After all of the build-up, these are very disappointing. I was expecting much better.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Thu May 25, 2023 9:50 am

Stag95 wrote:Just realised the badges look like they’re printed :oops: everyone complained about Surridge, I liked them. They were unique designs, with some designs we’ll look back on as classics.

There’s not a chance anyone in 10-20 years time is buying any of our Surridge kits because they’re good ‘retro’ shirts :lol:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu May 25, 2023 10:01 am

A list of the good Surridge kits:

-the chocolate and blue one.

END OF LIST.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Walton Stag » Thu May 25, 2023 10:26 am

I think this is a wind up. I can’t believe Castore would produce anything as bland and uninteresting as these three kits. I have just had a look at some of their current footy tops and they all look much better than these. Time will tell,I suppose.Do we know when the official launch is?
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 25, 2023 10:27 am

Walton Stag wrote:I think this is a wind up. I can’t believe Castore would produce anything as bland and uninteresting as these three kits. I have just had a look at some of their current footy tops and they all look much better than these. Time will tell,I suppose.Do we know when the official launch is?

That's what I think too
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdgeleyStag » Thu May 25, 2023 10:39 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Stag95 wrote:Just realised the badges look like they’re printed :oops: everyone complained about Surridge, I liked them. They were unique designs, with some designs we’ll look back on as classics.

There’s not a chance anyone in 10-20 years time is buying any of our Surridge kits because they’re good ‘retro’ shirts :lol:

I purchased the first one when we got promoted, it felt like something you'd get at skeggy for fiver and I've been too embarrassed to wear it since. I had a look at the new ones last year and there was no difference.

My personal choice would be new balance, you wouldn't get the bespoke designs but the quality is always spot on and a fair price.
EdgeleyStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby zod » Thu May 25, 2023 11:13 am

Walton Stag wrote:I think this is a wind up. I can’t believe Castore would produce anything as bland and uninteresting as these three kits. I have just had a look at some of their current footy tops and they all look much better than these. Time will tell,I suppose.Do we know when the official launch is?

Maybe they will look better in real life.
Let's be right, the photos shown are taken on someone's living room carpet.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu May 25, 2023 11:23 am

Could be a bedroom carpet Zod , don't be carpetist
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Thu May 25, 2023 11:26 am

The quality of each photo isn't great to be fair, the home kit could well be a decent shade of amber. I guess we will see once some proper photo's have been released.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Thu May 25, 2023 11:30 am

The home kit is rhubarb and Castore have provided the custard with that awful yellow.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby zod » Thu May 25, 2023 11:41 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Could be a bedroom carpet Zod , don't be carpetist

Sorry don't want to mis-carpet someone with incorrect carpet pro-nouns.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Thu May 25, 2023 11:48 am

EdgeleyStag wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

I purchased the first one when we got promoted, it felt like something you'd get at skeggy for fiver and I've been too embarrassed to wear it since. I had a look at the new ones last year and there was no difference.

My personal choice would be new balance, you wouldn't get the bespoke designs but the quality is always spot on and a fair price.

Agreed. These new kits look the same too. All white inside, printed onto a white material, printed badge, nothings embroidered. How can we not have a single quality material football shirt in 11 straight years :lol

For years I’ve thought that on warmer matchdays a comfortably smaller percentage of our fans are wearing a Stags shirt compared to how many fans of the team we’re playing against are wearing their teams shirt. Can’t see it changing until we produce something that doesn’t look and feel cheap.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Thu May 25, 2023 3:33 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:After all of the build-up, these are very disappointing. I was expecting much better.

What build up ? Hardly been a drumroll moment Reg
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Thu May 25, 2023 10:45 pm

The big issue will be the price.

Castore see themselves as the British version of Nike or Adidias (or at least want others to see them that way)

The pricing will reflect what they believe justifies their "premium" quality.

They look anything but, and Newcastle and Rangers fans have been far from happy with them in the past.

On first view, I wouldn't pay £30 for any of those, let alone the rumoured £55....I only buy them for my lad though, so I'd be interested to know what the kid prices would be....still extortionate no doubt.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu May 25, 2023 11:47 pm

Kids prices are about a tenner cheaper so not much difference.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdgeleyStag » Fri May 26, 2023 6:26 am

stagmanrob wrote:The big issue will be the price.

Castore see themselves as the British version of Nike or Adidias (or at least want others to see them that way)

The pricing will reflect what they believe justifies their "premium" quality.

They look anything but, and Newcastle and Rangers fans have been far from happy with them in the past.

On first view, I wouldn't pay £30 for any of those, let alone the rumoured £55....I only buy them for my lad though, so I'd be interested to know what the kid prices would be....still extortionate no doubt.

Nike and Adidas aren't premium sports wear. They certainly have premium products, especially running stuff and football boots but the majority of their sportswear is cheap mass produced.

40/50 quid is the bottom tier for a cheap bespoke football shirt, especially if you consider the blank mass produced Nike shirts retail for £25/30
EdgeleyStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri May 26, 2023 7:46 am

EdgeleyStag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
40/50 quid is the bottom tier for a cheap bespoke football shirt, especially if you consider the blank mass produced Nike shirts retail for £25/30

I'm struggling to truly quantify this if you could help me understand?
If £30 is your bog standard shirt, £50 is your bottom tier bespoke football shirt, would that make £70 your mid tier and £90 your top tier?

Who when and where has there been a £90 bespoke football shirt? Also, what om earth is a bespoke football shirt?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Fri May 26, 2023 7:58 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:
EdgeleyStag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
40/50 quid is the bottom tier for a cheap bespoke football shirt, especially if you consider the blank mass produced Nike shirts retail for £ :D 25/30

I'm struggling to truly quantify this if you could help me understand?
If £30 is your bog standard shirt, £50 is your bottom tier bespoke football shirt, would that make £70 your mid tier and £90 your top tier?

Who when and where has there been a £90 bespoke football shirt? Also, what om earth is a bespoke football shirt?

Bespoke is a shirt that passes the stagsnet quality test, anything less must be burned lol
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby zod » Fri May 26, 2023 8:47 am

HitchcocksShins wrote: Also, what om earth is a bespoke football shirt?

You could class one as bespoke once you add a name and number to it.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun May 28, 2023 11:08 pm

By far the best quality product for the price is Hummel...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Mon May 29, 2023 8:54 am

Tess Tickle wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:After all of the build-up, these are very disappointing. I was expecting much better.

What build up ? Hardly been a drumroll moment Reg

The perception that Castore will be so much better than Surridge.

Castore (in their own words) are supposedly innovative, dynamic with a range of products designed with passion.

Those 3 photos look like kits knocked-out in 10 mins and are not innovative, dynamic and designed with passion in my view!
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon May 29, 2023 9:21 am

When’s it actually going to be formally promoted and released?! Launch event was weeks ago
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum