{ the news }
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC
Archived News from August 2012

23rd August 2012 15:11

Blue Square Bet Premier
Kidderminster Harriers 2 - 3 Mansfield Town
Byrne 6, Johnson 52. Green 45, Meikle 59, 78.
Att: 1770 (400 from Mansfield)

Date: 18 August 2012

Martin Shaw, Simon Chamberlain and Tim Wallace at Aggborough

Mansfield Town showed tremendous bottle to come from behind twice, and record the first win of the season at Kidderminster this afternoon. Mansfield's defensive frailties were again exposed on just 7 minutes as Kidderminster scored their first of the season, heading home from a corner, unchallenged. Mansfield gradually got into the game and deservedly equalised on the stroke of half time when Matt Rhead knocked down a Gary Roberts free kick to enable Matt Green to score a sitter. Kidderminster were back in front on 52 minutes with a lucky goal as Johnson's shot from the corner of the box deflected off Dempster and looped over the stranded Marriott into the net. But Lindon Meikle equalised with a calm and composed finish after clever play from Matt Green to set him up. Then Meikle scored the winner on 78 minutes running on to his own ball forward and rounding the keeper before smashing the ball into the net in front of the joyous Mansfield fans. After that, Kidderminster never looked like equalising. So the Stags are off and running, and now need to capitalise with a home game against Hyde, though Hyde cannot be taken lightly having played very well against Luton on TV last night.

Stagsnet match report in the Match Centre


Kidderminster 2-3 Mansfield Town, Saturday 18th August
chad.co.uk report By Stephen Thirkill

A SUPERB brace from winger Lindon Meikle helped Mansfield Town finally secure their first three points of the season at Kidderminster on Saturday.


After starting their Blue Square Premier campaign in disappointing fashion, Paul Cox's men showed their trademark grit, determination and attacking flair to seal an excellent win.

It had looked like it was going to be another bad day at the office for Stags when Kidderminster, who are still looking for their first point of the season, took the lead in the eight minute through Jack Byrne after Stags poorly defended a corner.

Kidderminster also led 2-1 after beginning the second half well and taking the lead through a deflected strike from the always dangerous Marvin Johnson.

But Stags, who displayed a better balance after reverting back to 4-4-2, showed the fight demanded by boss Paul Cox as they levelled at 1-1 through Matt Green on 44 minutes and at 2-2 through Meikle on the hour mark.

And the battling display got its just reward when Meikle beat the offside trap before rounding Lewis and confidently firing home into the empty net on 80 minutes to seal victory.

It was a much improved display from Stags with the power of Green, the arial power of Rhead and the pace and trickery of Meikle causing constant danger.

Paul Cox will also be heartened by Stags improved defensive display with the team looking much more solid for large parts of the 90 minutes.

The win leaves Stags, who entertain Hyde at the One Call Stadium on Saturday, 16th in the early BSP table.

Boss Paul Cox made four changes and reverted back to a 4-4-2 formation as he looked for a response to the midweek horror show at Gateshead.

Defenders Ritchie Sutton and John Dempster came into the team at the expense of Pilkington and Owens.

The experienced Andy Todd was also been named in the starting eleven in place of Jamie Tolley, while big target man Matt Rhead partnered Matt Green up front.

Defensive power house Exodus Geoghaghon was named as Kidderminster captain as he sought to inflict further woes onto his former club.

Stags' defensive frailities were once again cruelly exposed after just eight minutes when Kidderminster opened the scoring.

Some neat build up by the home side saw James Vincent twist and turn smartly on the edge of the box before unleashing a curling shot, which was well saved by Alan Marriott at full-stretch.

But from Marvin Johnson's resulting corner an unmarked Jack Byrne rose well from seven yards to head home despite the efforts of Lindon Meikle on the post.

Harriers continued to keep up the pressure on Stags with some good passing football and could have doubled their lead on 14 minutes when Mike Williams tried his luck from distance.

The confident home side, also looking for their first points of the season, should have doubled their advantage on 20 minutes after Johnson threaded a beautiful ball into the path of Anthony Malbon.

But, with just Marriott to beat, Malbon's first touch let him down and the chance was gone.

Stags nearly found a route back into the game on 25 minutes when a hopeful ball over the top from Roberts saw Matt Green get goal-side of the Kidderminster defence.

With goalkeeper Danny Lewis rushing off his line, Green attempted a lob but just failed to get enough lift on the ball allowing the shot-stopper to clear the danger.

Jones then headed well wide on 28 minutes from a deep Roberts free-kick as the signs grew that Stags were beginning to get back into the contest.

Howell was then unable to get enough purchase on a header two minutes later after Todd had played the ball into the danger zone following a deep searching cross from Sutton.

The visitors wasted another chance to get back into the game on 39 minutes when Rhead drifted into space before heading Junior Daniel's cross wide when he really should have hit the target.

But the pressure finally told as Stags levelled just a minute before the break when Matt Rhead's header back across goal was palmed away by Lewis.

The loose ball fell invitingly into the path of Matt Green, who then had the simplest of tasks to tap into the empty net from two yards out.

It was a just reward for Mansfield's spirited fight back after falling behind early in the game.

Mansfield were relieved to see the dangerous Johnson flash a low free-kick through a crowd of players and out for a goal-kick as Kidderminster threatened first after the break.

And the Mansfield task got that bit steeper when the home side took the lead on 53 minutes after Johnson once again caused all sorts of bother.

The lively striker cut inside before unleashing a shot from the left corner of the box, which took a wicked deflection to send Marriott the wrong way.

Kidderminster came close to doubling their lead when Geoghaghon, going forward for the first time from a set-piece, headed Johnson's corner into the hands of Marriott on 57 minutes.

But Stags once again showed the battling spirit Paul Cox had demanded before the game to level the contest on the hour mark.

It was Matt Rhead who was again at the heart of the Mansfield danger after playing a superb ball into space for Green to run on to.

After being harried wide, Green slotted the ball into the path of Meikle, who kept his composure beautifully to jink past two defenders and cooly sidefoot home from six yards for his first goal of the season.

Green and Rhead then combined well down the left flank moments later which saw Lewis beat Rhead's well hit effort to safety.

The resurgent Mansfield came oh so close to taking the lead for the first time on 70 minutes when Howell saw his goal-bound effort cleared to safety by Geoghaghon after Lewis had been caught out of position.

A minute later Lewis performed heroics to block Meikle's 16-yard effort with his legs after Green had stayed strong to hold up the ball and play in the winger.

But Meikle was not to be denied his brace on 80 minutes when he burst clean through after good combination play involving Rhead and Wright.

As the home fans roared for offside Meikle showed his finishing prowess to round Lewis and slam home into the unguarded net.

Meikle nearly made the game safe with eight minutes left when he cut in well from the left flank before firing wide from a narrow angle.

Harriers tried their best to get back into the game and came closest in stoppage time when Malborn's header from a long Geoghaghon throw was comfortably saved by Marriott.

KIDDERMINSTER: Lewis, Storer (Shakes 69 mins), Geohaghon, Williams, Byrne, Vincent, Rowe (Blissett 69 mins), Malbon, Johnson (Pilkington 85 mins), Austin, Briggs. Subs not used: Demetriou, Vaughan.

MANSFIELD TOWN: Marriott, Sutton, Dempster, Jones, Daniel, Howell, Todd, Roberts, Meikle, Rhead, Green (Wright 73 mins). Subs not used: Clemtents, Thompson, Briscoe, Speight.

ATTENDANCE: 1770 (400 away)

MAN OF MATCH: Matt Rhead.

REFEREE: Ross Joyce (Teeside).


Stags stage fine fightback Stags stage fine fightback
mansfieldtown.net report by Andrew Webb

Lindon Meikle grabbed two goals as magnificent Mansfield Town twice came from behind to defeat Kidderminster Harriers 3-2 and record their first win of the new campaign.

The Stags fell behind when Jack Byrne headed the hosts into an eighth-minute lead, before a strike from Matt Green levelled matters on the stroke of half-time.

Kidderminster went ahead early in the second period through a deflected effort from Marvin Johnson, but it was Meikle who stole the show with a superb brace.

Paul Cox made four changes to his side for the trip to Aggborough with Andy Todd, John Dempster, Matt Rhead and Ritchie Sutton all given their first starts of the season, as Cox lined up his side in an attacking 4-4-2 formation.

The Stags enjoyed plenty of early possession on a mild afternoon in Worcestershire, yet it was the hosts who created the first chance after eight minutes when Alan Marriott flung himself across goal in order to prevent a powerful low shot from James Vincent rippling the net.

From the resulting corner, Johnson delivered a marvellous out-swinging ball to the edge of the six-yard box and Byrne rose highest to plant a powerful header into the roof of the goal as the Harriers went ahead.

Buoyed by scoring the opener, Kidderminster continued to press forward as they sought to extend their early advantage and came close only six minutes later. Left-back Mike Williams advanced from the back and rifled a low shot wide of the woodwork from around 20-yards out.

Green then enjoyed a golden chance midway through the half. Gary Roberts played a delightful long ball over the top and the Stags talisman outpaced Ryan Austin to find himself clean through on goal. Nevertheless, Danny Lewis was quick from his line to deny Green a goal scoring opportunity before the danger was cleared.

Marriott also had to be quick off his line at the opposite end to foil Ryan Rowe, but it was the Stags who then enjoyed a flurry of chances and grew stronger as the half progressed.

Luke Jones headed wide of the target following a free-kick into the area from Roberts on 28 minutes, though Anthony Howell came much closer moments later when he headed straight at the Harriers shot-stopper from six yards out following an intricate flick on from Todd.

In the next attack, Junior Daniel found Rhead lurking dangerously in the area with a fantastic ball from the left flank. With Lewis rooted firmly to his line, Rhead connected perfectly with Daniel's cross but saw his powerful downward header ultimately fall the wrong side of the post.

However, only one minute prior to the interval the Stags finally drew level. Rhead again connected well to a ball into the area, this time from Roberts, and Lewis was only able to palm the ball straight into the path of an unmarked Green, who tapped in from only two yards out.

Kidderminster began brightly after the re-start and almost regained the lead when a low right-wing cross from Johnson somehow evaded everyone in a crowded penalty area.

The Stags challenge to record their first points of the new campaign soon became much greater when the hosts grabbed a second goal on 52 minutes. Johnson, who was industrious in the vast majority of Harriers' attacks throughout the afternoon, cut inside from the left flank and hit an arrowed left-foot shot from inside the area, which caught a deflection off and nestled in the net beyond a wrong-footed Marriott.

Exodus Geohaghon headed wide as the Harriers threatened to extend their advantage, but they were pegged on the hour mark when dominant Mansfield drew level for a second time.

Rhead played a precise low pass to Green inside the area and the former Oxford United man took a touch to spin away from his marker and create a shooting angle. With Meikle in a far better position to his right-hand side, Green unselfishly passed to him and the winger coolly slotted past an out-of-position Lewis to claim his first goal of the new campaign.

Keith Briggs tested Marriott's reflexes with a tame low shot from an acute angle, though a resurgent Stags soon created several openings in quick succession.

A powerful attempt from Green was expertly tipped away by Lewis at his near post and Todd also came close when his rasping 25-yard attempt caught a deflection off Williams and landed only inches the wrong side of the Harriers woodwork.

Rhead headed wide from the resulting corner, before Mansfield then enjoyed two attempts on target in the space of as many minutes.

Firstly, Geohaghon was forced to clear a Howell attempt from the line after he was put through on goal by Green, before Meikle found space inside the area on 73 minutes and powered a low drive straight at the Harriers shot-stopper, with Briggs on hand to clear the danger away.

Nick Wright replaced Green, as manager Paul Cox sought to add height to his attack in the closing stages, and the tactical substitutions soon paid dividends as Mansfield grabbed what turned out to be the winner with 13 minutes remaining.

Wright played a direct ball towards Rhead and the bustling striker flicked the ball delightfully into the path of Meikle, who had beaten the offside trap to find himself in a one-on-one with Lewis. The wide man retained his composure to round the Harriers keeper and slot into an empty net, thus sending the 400 travelling supporters located behind the goal into wild celebration.

Johnson drilled a low shot straight down the throat of Marriott as the hosts pressed for an equaliser, whilst the resolve of the Stags defence was also tested with a long torpedo-like throw into the area from former defender Geohaghon in stoppage time.

But it was Mansfield who comfortably held on to record their first win of the new Blue Square Bet Premier campaign and leave the hosts buried firmly in the relegation zone.

Attendance: 1,770 (400 away supporters).


Meikle gets Stags up and running
Nottingham Post considered report by Stevie Roden

IT was far from easy, at times frustrating, but in the end the spirit and character of old emerged to see the Stags secure victory and put their first points on the board.


Aggborough was the place where Mansfield ended last season back in April, running out 3-0 winners despite a string of changes ahead of the play-offs.

On display that day was the polished, efficient Stags machine that had been fine-tuned to the point it had become unstoppable in the last few months of the season, sealing third place in the Blue Square Bet Premier.

It might not have been the prettiest but it was effective and borne out of a togetherness, a strong work ethic, a burning desire to win. Everybody stuck to the game-plan, believed in the game-plan. And it worked.

So on Saturday, when manager Paul Cox arrived at Aggborough little more than three months later, there was no wonder he was calling for his new-look side to unearth those same qualities that made them such a force last time out.

Two games into the new season and Mansfield, who lost out in the play-offs in May, were hardly living up to their favourites' tag. Quite the opposite, following two defeats, eight soft goals conceded.

Cox had been left fuming, frustrated by the weakness of his team, especially from set-pieces and Saturday saw four changes made – with new skipper George Pilkington dropped from the squad altogether.

In came John Dempster with burly Matt Rhead recalled up front, as well as player-coach Andy Todd and Ritchie Sutton.

It was evident Cox had gone back to players who knew the drill, who would not falter under pressure.

But the opening half hour simply added to the worry, as the Stags went behind early on to yet another set-piece as Jack Byrne powered home from a corner. They looked lacklustre at best, Cox cutting an agitated figure on the sidelines.

In the latter part of the half, however, Mansfield started to get a foothold in the game and when a header from Gary Roberts' free kick was parried, it fell to the feet of Matt Green, last season's top scorer with 30 goals, and unmarked with the goal open, he tapped home.

Seven minutes into the second half, Marvin Johnson's deflected shot put Kidderminster ahead. Would Stags wilt again, go under as in the first two games?

Rhead, brought in for his first start, was fighting for every ball to make something happen and when he cushioned the ball brilliantly in the centre of the pitch, he turned and threaded a superb diagonal ball to release Green.

He took it wide of goalkeeper Danny Lewis but ran out of space before unselfishly pulling it back for popular former Eastwood man Lindon Meikle.

With two defenders racing back, he stay composed to sidestep them both as he cut inside the box before pulling his shot across goal into the corner. It was game on.

But then came a moment which evidently riled the manager and his staff, as Cox's decision to substitute Green for Nick Wright was met by boos and chants of 'you don't know what you're doing'.

A third game into the new season, after leading them to third in his first campaign in charge, was that really called for?

Especially given Rhead was the one causing Kidderminster plenty of unrest at the back.

But six minutes later, on 79 minutes, all was forgotten. Rhead again played his part, feeding Meikle, who pushed the ball beyond the last defender, raced in behind and after heading left to round the keeper, kept his cool once more to smash a rising shot into the net, the Stags fans behind the goal going wild as they went 3-2 up.

In the second half, the Stags had shown their mettle, with Anthony Howell also having a shot cleared off the line by former Mansfield defender Exodus Geohaghon.

And once in front, you could see the confidence sweep through and there was no way the Stags were going to relinquish their lead.

For all the doom and gloom after the opening two defeats, the Stags now have three points from three games. Last season, at the same stage, they had just two points. And we all know where that ended up.

The Stags are up and running, that character and resolve finally being witnessed. There is a lot to improve on, a lot more to come.

But at least now there are positives to be drawn, an air of relief which will enable the Stags to express themselves next time out, when they entertain Hyde


Harriers 2 Mansfield Town 3
Report by Harry Taylor

Date: 18-08-12 Venue: Aggborough att: 1770 away fans: 400

Harriers slump to the bottom

Kidderminster Harriers slipped to their third defeat in the league this season, or the fourth in all competitive games. It wouldn't be so bad but for the fact we have only played three league games so far and, against fellow early-season strugglers Mansfield, our defence couldn't cope with the Stags.

Steve Burr named the same side that lost 2-0 to Luton Town on Tuesday night whilst Mansfield boss Paul Cox named former Harriers stars Luke Jones in the centre of defence and Nick Wright on the bench.

Mansfield started the brighter of the two sides, straight from kick-off they won the ball from Harriers, played a slick through ball to Matt Green who missed with his shot. The warning signs were there but were quelled after James Vincent's shot was parried for a corner which was subsequently crossed for Jack Byrne to head from the near post into the goal.

The Harriers first this season.

The pressure on the Stags continued but Harriers failed to make the most of it. Green, who was a constant thorn in the Harriers side all afternoon, was constantly catching the Harriers backline of Ryan Austin and Exodus Geohaghon on the backfoot as his pace ripped them apart. The first time the ball came over the top, Danny Lewis was out quick to claim it. The second time Green got there first and attempted to lob Lewis who blocked the shot.

The former Corby striker Matt Rhead was causing the Harriers defence problems with his physical presence. His header from a cross on the left went wide of Lewis' goal but from a free-kick just before half-time, his header was straight at Lewis, who parried it to Green who looked offside. He looked across to see no flag before burying it into the goal to equalise much to the fury of the home support.

The video will tell whether or not Green was onside, but he looked very much off.
HT: 1 - 1Harriers came back out after half time playing with a bit more vigour than they had at the end of the first half. Anthony Howell then attempted to beat that new-found vigour from the Harriers when he piled in elbow first on Jack Byrne. Howell then compounded this by walking away from the incident despite repeated calls for him to go to the referee for a simple yellow card when it in fact warranted a red. Horrible.

However this didn't stop Harriers re-taking the lead. Marvin Johnson got the ball on the right wing then cut in before hitting a shot that deflected off John Dempster into the goal. Then ex-Stag Exodus Geohaghon powered a header at goal from a corner that was well saved by Alan Marriott.

Mansfield soon turned the tables and started to dominate the game. Green continued to cause problems as Mansfield fired shots in on goal, one of which was cleared off the line. It was all starting to look desperate and was made worse by Mansfield equalising again in the sixtieth minute.

Green, again, ran at the defence going past the sliding challenge of Ryan Austin once he had beaten him for pace, putting a ball across a field of diving bodies towards Lindon Miekle who had an easy tap-in.

For the next ten minutes nothing changed, no substitutes were made either as Harriers play stagnated with nothing bright coming from it. Then game the winner as the clock started to tick towards eighty minutes. A ball was put straight through the middle towards the pacey duo of Nick Wright and Lindon Miekle with the latter taking the ball past Lewis with ease and slotting the ball past him to cap off a comeback from Mansfield.

Then for some reason Burr decided not to bring anyone on for another five minutes, despite that by this point the team looked exhausted. Ricky Shakes and Nathan Blissett hadn't changed the game when they had come on earlier for Ryan Rowe and Kyle Storer, but Burr decided to wait five minutes to make a substitute he probably would've made earlier when he brought on Danny Pilkington in place of Marvin Johnson. Pointless!

The game then drew to a close. After three defeats in three games Steve Burr has now got to look hard at his line-up and tactics.

Entertaining football maybe, but not for the home fans of late. To win leagues, to get into playoffs, clean-sheets are paramount and this is where Burr lets himself down. Mickey Demetriou deserves a start after his form previously and prowess in going forward.

Equally, why sign players like Shakes and Pilkington if they are only going to sit on the bench? Many questions, and hopefully will be answered away at newly-promoted Dartford on Saturday. Many more losses and people will have to sit up and face we might have problems.

Hopefully three points on Saturday will set us on a roll to climb the league.
FT: 2 - 3

Goals for Harriers: Byrne 8, Johnson 52
Goals for Mansfield: Green 45, Meikle 60, 78

Harrys MotM is: Keith Briggs


Author: Matt Wall

Reds lose out in entertaining affair...Harriers were twice ahead against Mansfield on Saturday but were unable to record their first win of the season at Aggborough as the Stags raced back to win 3-2.

Eager to force some action in the final third after two games without a goal, Harriers pressed hard from the offset here and had the Stags beaten with the opening goal of the game inside seven minutes.

Good work between James Vincent and Marvin Johnson on the edge of the area saw the former teed up, shooting from around 20 yards with an effort that Alan Marriott did well to turn around the post. From the resultant corner, Johnson's delivery was met by Jack Byrne who powered into the roof of the net to the relief of all.

Byrne and Johnson both crashed further efforts wide as the half wore on, while on 23 minutes the first real opening for the visitors almost brought an equaliser, Matt Green denied by a fine save from Danny Lewis as he looked to lift the ball over him, one-on-one.

The same duel ended with the same outcome five minutes later as the goalkeeper held the hit-man's header, Matt Rhead then wasting a header with eight minutes of the half remaining as he powered wide.

With just seconds remaining in the half, though, the Stags got themselves level – a firm Luke Jones header was powered at Lewis and parried superbly; unfortunately straight at the feet of Matt Green who tapped in from close range despite suspicions of offside.

Harriers began the second period just as they did the first and they got a similar reward in an early goal – good work from Byrne and Ryan Rowe out wide, supplying winger Johnson just inside the area who took a touch before firing past Marriott with the aid of a deflection.

On 56 minutes Exodus Geohaghon fired a header at Marriott from a deep corner, but moments later the visitors struck level for the second time – more dangerous, threatening pace from Green as he held up the ball just yards out before teeing up Lindon Meikle who took the ball around his man before firing into the bottom corner.

With 68 minutes on the clock there was a double change for Harriers as on came Ricky Shakes and debutant striker Nathan Blissett, Lewis up at the other end denying Meikle with a smart save down at his near post.

Meikle was without a doubt a thorn in the Harriers side during the second period and with just 12 minutes left to play he picked up his second goal of the afternoon – while all stood appealing for offside against substitute Nick Wright, the former Harrier simply stepped away from the ball, letting Meikle run on to it before rounding Lewis and firing home to make it 3-2


Burr promises changes after three straight defeats


Harriers' boss Steve Burr promised his players a lot of hard work on the training pitch this week after Saturday's disappointing defeat against Mansfield Town left them anchored at the foot of the Blue Square Bet Premier table.

His side twice took the lead in an entertaining clash which ended with the Stags hitting back to clinch their first win of the season.

Harriers have now lost their opening three matches and will be anxious to kick start their campaign on Saturday when they visit fellow strugglers Dartford.

Burr said: “There''ll be changes because we will work a lot harder this week to try and put things right for Saturday.”

The Aggborough outfit have now made their worst start to a season since 1999-2000 when they lost their first three matches before recovering to win the Conference and clinch promotion to the Football League.

Harriers, who had not scored in their opening two encounters against Lincoln City and Luton Town, took seven minutes to open their account through Jack Byrne.

Matt Green equalised for the big-spending Stags on the stroke of half time before Marvin Johnson put Burr's boys back in front shortly after the interval.

Their hopes of securing a much-needed victory, however, were dashed by Lindon Meikle, who struck in the 60th and 78th minutes.

It was a bitter pill to swallow for Burr, who said: “I'm very disappointed. There are too many individuals who aren't producing what we know they're capable of doing.

“We've got one or two new lads in but I know that they're not producing what we expect of them and so collectively you're not going to win matches.”

Burr is now turning to sights to Saturday's trip to winless Dartford, saying: “We just want to get three points because as soon as we are up and running the better. The longer it goes on it makes it harder.

“But it was a disappointing result against Mansfield. Bits of the performance I thought were decent but as individuals at the minute they're not the same lads that we saw during pre-season.”

Byrne put Harriers ahead with a close range header following a Johnson corner which was awarded after Stags' goalkeeper Alan Marriott had done well to push away a snap shot from James Vincent.

Mansfield got back on terms when a free kick by Gary Roberts reached Matt Rhead whose header was pushed away by Danny Lewis only for the loose ball to be put away by Green on 45 minutes.

Johnson restored Harriers lead in the 52nd minute with a fiercely struck shot which took a wicked deflection off John Dempster.

Mansfield then went on to clinch victory when Meikle kept his cool to beat off a couple of challenges before planting the ball past Lewis.

Midfielder Meikle then burst through to notch the winner shortly after Mansfield had drafted on substitute Nick Wright, who was Harriers' leading marksman last season with 17 goals.

Burr also made changes during the second half including the introduction of 22 year-old striker Nathan Blissett, who moved to Aggborough from Romulus on Friday.

Harriers: Lewis 6; Briggs 6, Geohaghon 6, Austin 6, Williams 6; Vincent 6, Storer 6 (Blissett, 68, 5), Byrne 6; Rowe 5 (Shakes 68, 5), Malbon 5, JOHNSON 7 (Pilkington, 87). Subs not used: N. Vaughan, Demetriou.

Mansfield: Marriott; Sutton, Jones, Dempster, Daniel; Todd, Roberts, Howell, Meikle; Green (Wright, 73), Rhead. Subs not used: Speight, Briscoe, Clements, Thompson.

Referee: Ross Joyce (Teeside).

Attendance: 1,770 (400 away fans)



Latest | August 2012