{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shakers Scorefred sponsored by Make Their Place Rock

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Shakers Scorefred sponsored by Make Their Place Rock

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:09 pm

bellwhiff wrote:No it isn’t. They’ve been coaching this out. Not like they’re not trying to address it.

Stagsnet meltdown.

Like Liverpool fans. So entitled. No backbone.

Coaching it out?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:09 pm

That's 8 points surrendered from winning positions so far this season v 1 point gained from a losing position.

That mental weakness will see us to mid table again.

And yes I know we have a game in hand and we'll flipping draw that too.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:09 pm

bellwhiff wrote:No it isn’t. They’ve been coaching this out. Not like they’re not trying to address it.

Stagsnet meltdown.

Bit like this squad then.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:10 pm

Stagsnet meltdown.

No-one knows what you mean by 'no backbone'. We are discussing our managers shortcomings...He has a lot. Actually watch us and you may see that.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:10 pm

Stagsnet meltdown.

Whilst I’m in the DF in camp Belly, I can’t help but feel JR will be thinking of pulling the trigger soon. I’m resigned to us blowing a lead every week and it isn’t even surprising anymore. Can’t see him lasting if we don’t beat Grimsby. In reality though today was a good point, but the manner we got it is gut wrenching mate.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:10 pm

Teams who get promoted do not have zero strikers on the pitch for that last 15 minutes (7+8 added on), they go on and win 3-1 or even 4-1.

Deserved everything we got for that ridiculous decision.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:14 pm

Why do we keep taking players off for the sake of it. Cost us the game again.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:14 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

Stagsnet meltdown.

Whilst I’m in the DF in camp Belly, I can’t help but feel JR will be thinking of pulling the trigger soon. I’m resigned to us blowing a lead every week and it isn’t even surprising anymore. Can’t see him lasting if we don’t beat Grimsby. In reality though today was a good point, but the manner we got it is gut wrenching mate.

If you are resigned to us blowing a lead every week why are you in the DF camp?
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:15 pm

To be fair their first goal will be featured on a few goal reels and goal of the weeks. Their 2nd was a neat finish.

We got through them loads of times just that killer finish is lacking. 2-2 draw, 12 shots a piece. On reflection a fair result over the course of the game. People are going on like Bury are terrible and we should steamroll them. They spent the last 3 seasons in league 1. Perhaps a bit of perspective. We scored 2 goals away from home.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:15 pm

On the face of it a point at Bury is a decent result.

The stats show Bury had most of the play.

I get the bit about conceding late goals and it needs sorting.

Interested to hear the opinion of those that went

Yes we are all disappointed, but knee jerk reactions don't help anyone.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:16 pm

Conker wrote:

Stagsnet meltdown.

Bit like this squad then.

Which is what I am on about.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:16 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

Stagsnet meltdown.

Not a chance he’ll get fired.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:16 pm

14th in the league, just 3 wins this season and 5 out of 23 in his tenure - is it really working? Is anybody really impressed? We’re supposed to be challenging for promotion. Can’t defend the way we just allow teams to get on top of us late on, it isn’t good enough.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:On the face of it a point at Bury is a decent result.

The stats show Bury had most of the play.

I get the bit about conceding late goals and it needs sorting.

Interested to hear the opinion of those that went

Yes we are all disappointed, but knee jerk reactions don't help anyone.

Exactly

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:20 pm

I do seriously question the Managers substitution decisions , taking Rose and Khan (arguably 2 of our best players) off far too soon and going on the defensive for the last 15 minutes just does not work, Why does he keep doing this? How can you win when you take your Strikers and attacking mid-fielder off?
Walker should not have started after last weeks performance and he obviously wasn't much better today.
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby lancer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:21 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
lancer wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:How many points have we raspberries down the drain from a winning position this season.

I dont generally mind flitcroft but this is getting out of hand.

Is it his fault then ?

Errm yes .he is the manager and pick the team, tactics etc

How was he personally at fault then?

Playing the last 10 min with no strikers !
Taking a striker off for a wing back who is not really a wing back,
Not coaching the team correctly.
If this was a one off I could understand. But it nearly every week now and is becoming endemic
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:22 pm

BigGuy wrote:Teams who get promoted do not have zero strikers on the pitch for that last 15 minutes (7+8 added on), they go on and win 3-1 or even 4-1.

Deserved everything we got for that ridiculous decision.

Agreed. Would Luton or Accrington have done that last year? Would Lincoln ever be playing with no striker on the pitch? His negative tactics are inexcusable.

The Khan sub was poor too, he was having a good game whilst Bishop was walking a tightrope and was quite poor and yet he stayed on.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:30 pm

lancer wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
lancer wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:How many points have we raspberries down the drain from a winning position this season.

I dont generally mind flitcroft but this is getting out of hand.

Is it his fault then ?

Errm yes .he is the manager and pick the team, tactics etc

How was he personally at fault then?

Playing the last 10 min with no strikers !
Taking a striker off for a wing back who is not really a wing back,
Not coaching the team correctly.
If this was a one off I could understand. But it nearly every week now and is becoming endemic

Not coaching the team correctly ?
Do explain.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:31 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Stagsnet meltdown.

If you are resigned to us blowing a lead every week why are you in the DF camp?

Because the football has been good and I’m just hopeful he can turn the draws into wins!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:35 pm

Cheers for that again Dave.

Another example of how you are not a football manager, cheers for trying but please do politely sod off.

After a win against a park side last Saturday, he’s had 2 games against decent opposition this week to get a win, and unsurprisingly failed. It’s alrigjt superdrawing Oldham into a 0-0 submission,!!75 that doesn’t get 3 points.

Today he was given the chance to get an important win, and blew it in typical, abysmal fashion. Take off all forwards, bring everyone back from set pieces (both stopped any avenue of escape and holding up the ball) and then just sat in the penalty area. IT DOES NOT WORK DAVE! STOP IT NOW.

That said, the players didn’t help, and were wasteful in their application too often, and once again we missed sitter after sitter.

You’ve had half a season now Dave. And you’ve won 5. Give yourself a pat on the back.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:39 pm

He won’t turn draws into wins, we’ll win some this season but we’ll draw more as a result of Dave’s negativity, we won’t lose many.
Swindon fans said it, bury fans the same, it’s just the way he is....it obviously worked with Bury when they went up but hasn’t since, Swindon last season were like we are now when he manages them...a limbo team floating around outside playoffs but not securing a place up there
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Travelling back from the game what can I say. First half was OK got a goal and we had the chances again. Such poor finishing by our regulars. Continued to give the ball away, tried to be fancy rather than simple and again the opposition began to fall, slip and trip. Bookings followed meaning the midfield could not tackle. Second half opened up and the inevitable happened. We were poor second half taking off all three forwards. They kept coming we panicked gave the ball away time after time and after the 7mins of extra time the inevitable happened. Sad, annoyed but disappointed, with an away draw that seems wrong but Cambridge part 2.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:41 pm

adamstag wrote:Cheers for that again Dave.

Another example of how you are not a football manager, cheers for trying but please do politely sod off.

After a win against a park side last Saturday, he’s had 2 games against decent opposition this week to get a win, and unsurprisingly failed. It’s alrigjt superdrawing Oldham into a 0-0 submission,!!75 that doesn’t get 3 points.

Today he was given the chance to get an important win, and blew it in typical, abysmal fashion. Take off all forwards, bring everyone back from set pieces (both stopped any avenue of escape and holding up the ball) and then just sat in the penalty area. IT DOES NOT WORK DAVE! STOP IT NOW.

That said, the players didn’t help, and were wasteful in their application too often, and once again we missed sitter after sitter.

You’ve had half a season now Dave. And you’ve won 5. Give yourself a pat on the back.

What got me was until we scored out of nothing from a corner it was one way traffic second half and they seemed likely to win it. After we scored, we then actually started to create some chances to finish the game off and what do you know... he changes it allowing them to get a foothold again.
It’s like he’s seen us creating chances and thought Christ we can’t have that when we’re winning!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:49 pm

we have won 3 this season, quality squad gets relegated and still some think DF is the answer.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:02 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:Cheers for that again Dave.

What got me was until we scored out of nothing from a corner it was one way traffic second half and they seemed likely to win it. After we scored, we then actually started to create some chances to finish the game off and what do you know... he changes it allowing them to get a foothold again.
It’s like he’s seen us creating chances and thought Christ we can’t have that when we’re winning!

Same every week. Been saying it for a while. Glad people are seeing through the good football farce at last.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum