{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Latics Scorefred sponsored by Keep Boosters On full Blast

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Latics Scorefred sponsored by Keep Boosters On full Blas

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:56 pm

I see alot of people moan about Atkinson... I thought the last two games his footwork and ability to keep to ball moving has been great. Not a starter, but deserves a bit of credit he never gets.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Sedgwick wrote:I see alot of people moan about Atkinson... I thought the last two games his footwork and ability to keep to ball moving has been great. Not a starter, but deserves a bit of credit he never gets.

He was excellent when he came on yesterday.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:01 pm

Sedgwick wrote:I see alot of people moan about Atkinson... I thought the last two games his footwork and ability to keep to ball moving has been great. Not a starter, but deserves a bit of credit he never gets.

He’s a good player but doesn’t suit our systems.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Like Hamilton he's had to adapt to the RWB role. It's easier for Atkinson to "get it" because he's a right sided midfielder. Hamilton is a left winger.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Totally agree.
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:23 am

Yorkie had his head in his hands at HT when Atko came on. But even he must've though he played well.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:33 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:17 am

No wonder they couldn't be bothered the other night.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:31 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

???? I thought they did their job well, especially the keeper.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:36 am

The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

We've been over the keeper situation. They didn't do their job well at all apart from the fact they went away with a point, through sheer luck rather than good play/tactics/performance.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:39 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

We've been over the keeper situation. They didn't do their job well at all apart from the fact they went away with a point, through sheer luck rather than good play/tactics/performance.

Latics had Daniel Iverson to thank in the first half for a number of brilliant saves, as well as the defensive unit who put their bodies on the line.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:41 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

"Latics had Daniel Iverson to thank in the first half for a number of brilliant saves, as well as the defensive unit who put their bodies on the line."
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:44 am

The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

"Latics had Daniel Iverson to thank in the first half for a number of brilliant saves, as well as the defensive unit who put their bodies on the line."

I was at the game, I know what happened. He made four saves, two going wide, one straight at him and the other was decent but hardly brilliant. He also should have cost his team a goal if Khan hadn't missed the open net. There was absolutely zero brilliant defending as far as I recall.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:52 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

What a load of rubbish! It’s nothing to do with luck. They went away with a point because we couldn’t finish our chances.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:56 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

What a load of rubbish! It’s nothing to do with luck. They went away with a point because we couldn’t finish our chances.

:lol: yes, that's called getting lucky.

Definition of lucky : 'having, bringing, or resulting from good luck."you had a very lucky escape"'
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:08 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I was at the game, I know what happened. He made four saves, two going wide, one straight at him and the other was decent but hardly brilliant. He also should have cost his team a goal if Khan hadn't missed the open net. There was absolutely zero brilliant defending as far as I recall.

Zero brilliant defending? They have conceded 1 goal in 6 away games. Give them some credit. If there was no brilliant defending, and we didn't score, what does that say about our hopes for the season...Great defending does not have to be a last ditch challenge, in fact its often the opposite...being so solid you don't have to do that.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:27 am

They don't deserve any credit. Were you at the game? We missed an open net for starters. So that's 1-0. How much credit would they have got then?

They were anti-football and got lucky. There manager will get all the praise for getting a point away from home despite getting absolutely battered.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:58 am

When watching the game I also thought that Khan missed a very easy chance.On reflection he was actually tackled as he kicked the ball which caused the ball to be diverted on to the bar.I have watched it several times over.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:43 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:They don't deserve any credit. Were you at the game? We missed an open net for starters. So that's 1-0. How much credit would they have got then?

They were anti-football and got lucky. There manager will get all the praise for getting a point away from home despite getting absolutely battered.

I was at the game yes, don't live here either so had to travel if that helps me register a few 'superfan' points? They defended well, we finished badly. Yes we missed an open net, but did you notice the defender putting pressure on Khan to make that chance a lot harder? Good defending. They did play anti football I agree, and if any team deserved all 3 points it was us no doubt. But to not give them any credit is absolutely ludicrous, as keeping a clean sheet away from home at any level takes a good level of defending.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:55 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:They don't deserve any credit. Were you at the game? We missed an open net for starters. So that's 1-0. How much credit would they have got then?

I was at the game yes, don't live here either so had to travel if that helps me register a few 'superfan' points? They defended well, we finished badly. Yes we missed an open net, but did you notice the defender putting pressure on Khan to make that chance a lot harder? Good defending. They did play anti football I agree, and if any team deserved all 3 points it was us no doubt. But to not give them any credit is absolutely ludicrous, as keeping a clean sheet away from home at any level takes a good level of defending.

It's not about being a superfan, I just wondered if you were at the game because you obviously missed all the clear chances that we made. Khan missed the open net because CJ's pass was behind him, nothing to with the defender putting pressure on. If the defender sliding in did impact Khan, it was a foul and a penalty because he didn't get the ball. So if you class getting away with a foul as good defending then fine. Second chance, first Oldham defender loses header to Walker, lets him run off, second defender loses header to Rose, Walker clean through, misses a sitter. Great defending? Third chance, CJ shot, defenders allow CJ to cut in on to his strong side and get a shot away, great defending. Walker second chance, centre half chests the ball up into the air inside his own half, midfielder sells other defender short with headed pass, other centre half loses 50-50 with Rose, Walkers shot going wide but keeper saves it anyway, stunnind defending, throwing their bodies on the line.

So that's at least 2-0, if not 4 without bad finishing. How can it be good defending when we've missed two clear opportunities? It's bad defending but got lucky.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:13 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:

It's not about being a superfan, I just wondered if you were at the game because you obviously missed all the clear chances that we made. Khan missed the open net because CJ's pass was behind him, nothing to with the defender putting pressure on. If the defender sliding in did impact Khan, it was a foul and a penalty because he didn't get the ball. So if you class getting away with a foul as good defending then fine. Second chance, first Oldham defender loses header to Walker, lets him run off, second defender loses header to Rose, Walker clean through, misses a sitter. Great defending? Third chance, CJ shot, defenders allow CJ to cut in on to his strong side and get a shot away, great defending. Walker second chance, centre half chests the ball up into the air inside his own half, midfielder sells other defender short with headed pass, other centre half loses 50-50 with Rose, Walkers shot going wide but keeper saves it anyway, stunnind defending, throwing their bodies on the line.

So that's at least 2-0, if not 4 without bad finishing. How can it be good defending when we've missed two clear opportunities? It's bad defending but got lucky.

We did miss chances, and they were not perfect at defending. But we had about 70% possession and created 3 clearcut chances. Based on what you are saying 'it was pure luck' they may as well have not had a defence. You are being far to black and white about it. Like most things in football, its a bit of both. On the whole they defended well, and got a point out of it. Their other clean sheets show that they have a solid defence (albeit boring style) away from home. But we contributed to it with terrible finishing yes, which you could attribute to luck on their part. Bit of both, but give some credit to their defence.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:

We did miss chances, and they were not perfect at defending. But we had about 70% possession and created 3 clearcut chances. Based on what you are saying 'it was pure luck' they may as well have not had a defence. You are being far to black and white about it. Like most things in football, its a bit of both. On the whole they defended well, and got a point out of it. Their other clean sheets show that they have a solid defence (albeit boring style) away from home. But we contributed to it with terrible finishing yes, which you could attribute to luck on their part. Bit of both, but give some credit to their defence.

We're never going to agree by the looks of it. I'm being too black and white about it but because they kept a clean sheet they defended well? We only had 58% possession by the way, and created plenty enough to win the game, we just couldn't finish. If that's your idea of good defending then I can only say I hope Stags don't employ your method for the rest of the season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby withnail » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:29 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:

We're never going to agree by the looks of it. I'm being too black and white about it but because they kept a clean sheet they defended well? We only had 58% possession by the way, and created plenty enough to win the game, we just couldn't finish. If that's your idea of good defending then I can only say I hope Stags don't employ your method for the rest of the season.

My view was it was a combination of poor finishing, bad luck and some very good, sometimes last ditch, defending.
withnail
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:38 pm

So no bad defending at all then? :roll:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby withnail » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:09 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:So no bad defending at all then? :roll:

No, I don't recall any particularly 'bad defending' if that helps clarify.
withnail
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum