{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:11 am

Makes me wonder how this is going to pan out with Danny Rose.
Reportedly 4 clubs in for him , seems strange he did not move.
Just hope he did not refuse because he wanted a move to Peterborough and dug his heels in.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:15 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Makes me wonder how this is going to pan out with Danny Rose.
Reportedly 4 clubs in for him , seems strange he did not move.
Just hope he did not refuse because he wanted a move to Peterborough and dug his heels in.

That would be the worst scenario.

No doubt the club will make a statement about Rose future.

Be nice if he made a statement too.

I still think he will end up with Peterborough.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:19 am

let’s hope a statement is published today from the club

Is he signing the sorry book and back in the fold
or
is he off on loan with a view to signing on in Jan?

i would rather he stays what a crackin 3rd choice striker he will get his chance
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 am

yorkshire stag wrote:let’s hope a statement is published today from the club

or

i would rather he stays what a crackin 3rd choice striker he will get his chance

Has DF not personally popped round and debriefed you ?

Shocked.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 am

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:let’s hope a statement is published today from the club

or

Has DF not personally popped round and debriefed you ?

Shocked.

stop trolling my posts saddo
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 am

I’ll do what I like, clopper

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:39 am

:lol: Saddo :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:46 am

The irony. Have you started frothing yet in anticipation of 31 August?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:51 am

bellwhiff wrote:The irony. Have you started frothing yet in anticipation of 31 August?

i will leave it a bit to give you time to churn up your normal bile against anyone that has an opinion, just remember keeeeeeeeep trollin !!!!! :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:17 am

Nope. It’s just you and a couple of others that I hold in disdain.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:35 am

I'm pleased Angol has gone, but disappointed Rose is still here and we don't have a replacement.

Hopefully we can loan Rose out still and maybe get a couple more in on loan. We'll be short of a striker and a wing back, imo.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby kwambo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:56 am

Just seen an interview with posh owner. Apparently they came back in for rose after there bid for Jackson from Accrington was unsuccessful. Stated that they tried to put a package together but we were unwilling to negotiate.

Also stated that since the end of may due to Evans wishes he has spent 2.8m on players signing on fees and transfers, new changing rooms and upgrading the training ground to give Evans the best chance for promotion.
kwambo
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:21 am

I was just watching the same interview with Darragh MacAnthony :lol: He's clearly full of himself but I admire his willingness to be transparent about the transfer dealings at the club. It's a really good interview. There are some interesting points that he makes:
- Peterborough have spent £2.8 million since the end of May on players (and training pitches)
- Ivan Toney was on Premier League wages and they have spent a substantial transfer fee and big wages on him.
- They are still looking for a 4th striker
- They tried to sign Kayden Jackson and thought they had agreed terms. They spent £4,000 on a medical.
- They then tried to sign Danny Rose from Mansfield but JR was clearly sticking to his asking price and not prepared to negotiate.
- They are not panicking about signing another striker yet because you can still loan players to buy them until 31st August.
- Any 4th striker they sign will be a loan deal with a permanent signing in January so the selling club cannot back out.
- He's not a fan of loan strikers as he wants to develop their own players.
- He's happy to give substantial sell on clauses to other clubs as he agrees with big transfer fees trickling down to lower league clubs
- Ryan Tafazolli is just seeing out the last year of his contract but Peterborough would like to win promotion and then get him to sign another three year contract.
- League 1 players want to try and sign for a Championship clubs and earn £9,000-£10,000 per week
- Peterborough paid £60,000 for Idris Kanu from Aldershot. He is now on loan at Port Vale.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:25 am

Angol £350K.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:26 am

Sedgwick wrote:Angol £350K.

No way! Where did you hear that? Didn't we only pay 150k for him?
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:33 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Angol gone see ya later lazy arse

When you express yourself in this way you ask for all you get.

Anyway my take on things

I’m actually sorry Angol has gone as I think there is more to come and so does a league 1 club. Good luck Lee

I rate Butcher and would like him to stay if his head is in the right place. The season before last he appeared regularly for League 1 club good enough for the play offs.

As for Danny - no doubt he was advised to put in a transfer request which so far appears to have backfired. I don’t really care whether he likes DF as I would expect him to do the job he’s paid for. Interestingly Shrewsbury turned down bids from Ipswich for two players who then put in transfer requests with the move going through. They were also following a former Manager

I think Danny will go on loan with a view to a permanent move. If that doesn’t happen he has bridges to build but can still make a contribution

No need for a press conference today as nothing to tell

The important thing is now 3 points tomorrow
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:38 am

lifestags wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Angol £350K.

No way! Where did you hear that? Didn't we only pay 150k for him?

I work in and around a lot of championship clubs.. mentioned his name and the fact Im a Mansfield fan not the club I'm at today to someone who works with Angols representatives this morning and the training ground and got the reply "Cant believe they spent 350 on the lad, bit of a gamble and panic if you ask me"

Also laughed at their manager saying "if his attitude is right" :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 am

If we received £350,000 for Lee Angol with a sell on then that would be a great bit of business by JR.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:46 am

bellwhiff wrote:Nope. It’s just you and a couple of others that I hold in disdain.

oh trust me the feeling is totally mutual, just try not to be so obsessed sparra, it’s not very attractive
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am

MacAnthony doesn't like loaning strikers, but is prepared to loan Jason Cummings from Forest on god knows how much a week.

The bloke is a born liar, an absolute crook.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:If we received £350,000 for Lee Angol with a sell on then that would be a great bit of business by JR.

I cant see why it would be more than the fee that we agreed with Grimsby, which was purported to be £100k. There's no way that Grimsby would have paid £350k.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I was just watching the same interview with Darragh MacAnthony :lol: He's clearly full of himself but I admire his willingness to be transparent about the transfer dealings at the club. It's a really good interview. There are some interesting points that he makes:
- Peterborough have spent £2.8 million since the end of May on players (and training pitches)
- Ivan Toney was on Premier League wages and they have spent a substantial transfer fee and big wages on him.
- They are still looking for a 4th striker
- They tried to sign Kayden Jackson and thought they had agreed terms. They spent £4,000 on a medical.
- They then tried to sign Danny Rose from Mansfield but JR was clearly sticking to his asking price and not prepared to negotiate.
- They are not panicking about signing another striker yet because you can still loan players to buy them until 31st August.
- Any 4th striker they sign will be a loan deal with a permanent signing in January so the selling club cannot back out.
- He's not a fan of loan strikers as he wants to develop their own players.
- He's happy to give substantial sell on clauses to other clubs as he agrees with big transfer fees trickling down to lower league clubs
- Ryan Tafazolli is just seeing out the last year of his contract but Peterborough would like to win promotion and then get him to sign another three year contract.
- League 1 players want to try and sign for a Championship clubs and earn £9,000-£10,000 per week
- Peterborough paid £60,000 for Idris Kanu from Aldershot. He is now on loan at Port Vale.

Cry me a river about Taff, that's exactly how they got him from us.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 am

yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Angol gone see ya later lazy arse

When you express yourself in this way you ask for all you get.

Anyway my take on things

I’m actually sorry Angol has gone as I think there is more to come and so does a league 1 club. Good luck Lee

I rate Butcher and would like him to stay if his head is in the right place. The season before last he appeared regularly for League 1 club good enough for the play offs.

As for Danny - no doubt he was advised to put in a transfer request which so far appears to have backfired. I don’t really care whether he likes DF as I would expect him to do the job he’s paid for. Interestingly Shrewsbury turned down bids from Ipswich for two players who then put in transfer requests with the move going through. They were also following a former Manager

I think Danny will go on loan with a view to a permanent move. If that doesn’t happen he has bridges to build but can still make a contribution

No need for a press conference today as nothing to tell

The important thing is now 3 points tomorrow

Yorkie it’s a message board of opinion, you like / rate Angol i think he was a waste of space who didn’t try or buy into the effort part of the game, as now does the manager therfore he is gone
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:31 am

Marky Mark wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:If we received £350,000 for Lee Angol with a sell on then that would be a great bit of business by JR.

I cant see why it would be more than the fee that we agreed with Grimsby, which was purported to be £100k. There's no way that Grimsby would have paid £350k.

Grimsby didn't offer 100K.. Proper panic by Shrewsbury this and very underwhelming for the fans.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:34 am

Good luck to the lad.

Wind yer neck in YS
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext