{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Midweek games live on IFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Midweek games live on IFollow

Postby Forever Optimistic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:48 pm

Came across this when browsing the t'internet and thought I'd throw it out there.

https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/

Basically, cutting the waffle, all midweek games unless being shown live or on the main highlights show, can now be watched in the UK on ifollow for £10. £5 of this goes directly to the club.

This includes home and away games but excludes holiday period games, eg boxing day etc. Saturdays are also excluded.

You need an ifollow account which is free but several people, Inc myself for away games may be interested.

:coys:
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Midweek games live on IFollow

Postby Foxy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:52 pm

Not a bad start but with so many people using vpns they may as well just make it a tenner for every match across the board- whether you're in Mansfield or Monte Carlo.

I'm sure they're aware how much it's costing them at the moment...
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:41 am

Use a VPN and it’s £5.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ian23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:49 am

How does a vpn work though? I thought you needed an address/bank from abroad? Not just the internet signal?
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby white5581 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 am

Still unsure what it means, when you go on the link and choose Mansfield town it gives you a list of unavailable matches, nearly all are Saturday games which i get however some midweek Tuesday league games are unavailable too which I’d have thought would have been, I’ve counted 4 games out of the season not on the unavailable list.
white5581
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 am

ian23 wrote:How does a vpn work though? I thought you needed an address/bank from abroad? Not just the internet signal?

A VPN will change your location so the browser thinks your abroad. You just put your UK address and UK payment details in.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:11 am

That didn't work when I tried it. You need to register on iFollow with another card with a non UK address. Then VPN.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Foxy wrote:That didn't work when I tried it. You need to register on iFollow with another card with a non UK address. Then VPN.

You don’t.

Download an app called Windscribe, then log into your ifollow app as you usually would. Entente UK address and UK payment and it works.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:29 pm

So am I right in thinking there's going to be absolutely no live match streams during 3pm Saturday kick offs, regardless of being abroad/ VPN'd up to my t!ts ?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Eh?

No live streams for Saturday 3pm kick offs?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:52 pm

its not something i ever used but i'm sure that was a thing for fans abroad last year? (and also something the SPSB did for a time too)
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:58 pm

if you are overseas subscriber, you can watch Saturday matches, as last season. The only difference this season is that commentary is overlaid.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:19 pm

It's uk only where there is a restriction for live games on Saturday. Abroad there is no restriction. Hence Saturday games being allowed to be streamed abroad but only midweek games can be streamed in the UK and abroad .
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:51 pm

gazza1988 wrote:It's uk only where there is a restriction for live games on Saturday. Abroad there is no restriction. Hence Saturday games being allowed to be streamed abroad but only midweek games can be streamed in the UK and abroad .

We cannot watch it here in Portugal due to "our location".
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby IAmTheStag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:53 pm

How do you buy the game? I have a vpn but unable locate where to buy? There is just a ball bouncing on the choose your package page. I have logged out of my normal ifollow account before activating the vpn to switch my location out of the uk
IAmTheStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:20 pm

IAmTheStag wrote:How do you buy the game? I have a vpn but unable locate where to buy? There is just a ball bouncing on the choose your package page. I have logged out of my normal ifollow account before activating the vpn to switch my location out of the uk

There’s the match centre location on ifollow, there should be two options, one of which is “purchase a match pass” I think it says.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby IAmTheStag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Thanks. I tried that but the option wasn’t there. I think it is because my laptop is a tablet version. Strange that if I tried on my iPhone web brower safari it worked and took me through to payment for the match today. On my laptop I was trying on web browsers Chrome and Microsoft Edge but both didn’t work and would just have a ball logo bouncing which I presume meant it was struggling to load the live player option
IAmTheStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Rob wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:It's uk only where there is a restriction for live games on Saturday. Abroad there is no restriction. Hence Saturday games being allowed to be streamed abroad but only midweek games can be streamed in the UK and abroad .

If you are a UK subscriber (ie a UK registered address), you cannot watch Saturday matches outside the UK when you go on holiday. Only overseas subscribers, ie those with a registered address outside the UK, have access to watch live games on a Saturday.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby IAmTheStag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:55 am

I saw a video uploaded on twitter by the EFL account on Friday that showed you how to watch the live games outside the uk (not sure how to do the link). It said you have to create a free account (requires no address details so you could just create an account to a different email address in your name then log out of your normal uk account and use the new one). Then go to match centre and click log in. Then if you go onto the match there will be the option to watch live which takes you through to payment subscribe for the one game only. I basically got to this in the end however I could only do so on my iPhone safari browser using a vpn but there was only 10 minutes of the game left so I did not proceed. The same process wouldn’t work on my laptop with a vpn. I just wondered if others had managed to find a way.
IAmTheStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Anyone know if you will be able to watch the Accrington game on Ifollow through VPN ?
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:54 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Anyone know if you will be able to watch the Accrington game on Ifollow through VPN ?

Carabao cup games are not available for overseas subscribers. Only commentary will be available.

Just league games and Checkatrade Trophy games are available to watch live for overseas subscribers.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Foxy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Rob wrote:

This is the thing Rob. You're still using the same account which has your U.K. Address registered to it.

It wouldn't matter if you were on the moon it's not going to work.

You need to register another card- make an address up, Jamaica, Russia, Peru etc would suggest one in Portugal if that's where you are and are not using a vpn then it will work.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:Anyone know if you will be able to watch the Accrington game on Ifollow through VPN ?

Carabao cup games are not available for overseas subscribers. Only commentary will be available.

Just league games and Checkatrade Trophy games are available to watch live for overseas subscribers.

Thanks Martin.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:27 am

Foxy wrote:
Rob wrote:

This is the thing Rob. You're still using the same account which has your U.K. Address registered to it.

It wouldn't matter if you were on the moon it's not going to work.

You need to register another card- make an address up, Jamaica, Russia, Peru etc would suggest one in Portugal if that's where you are and are not using a vpn then it will work.

You don’t Foxy, I’ve done it probably 3 to 4 times last season and it worked perfectly. Did it on Mac and iPad. Used my UK address & UK payment card.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dogface » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Does anyone know if the Tranmere away game is available to purchase a UK match pass?
Dogface
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum