{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League Two Preview

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: League Two Preview

Postby laneymtfc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:16 pm

Wow! ahahaha just listened to the pod cast. I wouldnt have guessed that was the reason they had put us lower!
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:11 pm

laneymtfc wrote:Wow! ahahaha just listened to the pod cast. I wouldnt have guessed that was the reason they had put us lower!

Last season was the opposite and probably why we where labelled as favourites.

Much prefer to go under the radar and every team will be gunning for Lincoln, MK Dons and Notts - much in the same way we had a target on our backs. Hopefully because of this it causes them to drop unexpected points.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
laneymtfc wrote:Wow! ahahaha just listened to the pod cast. I wouldnt have guessed that was the reason they had put us lower!

Last season was the opposite and probably why we where labelled as favourites.

Much prefer to go under the radar and every team will be gunning for Lincoln, MK Dons and Notts - much in the same way we had a target on our backs. Hopefully because of this it causes them to drop unexpected points.

they will definitely be the scalp teams , we were that team because everyone wanted to raise their game and beat Evans' lot. Much better under the radar not talking about how much money we've got to / need to spend etc
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:32 pm

They (the fellas on the clip) certainly didn't seem to have a very high opinion of Flitcroft, always thought he was held in reasonably high regard among football folk.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Not The Top 20 (thanks for mentioning it Sam) have tipped Mansfield to finish 5th. They would have had them higher but for one reason. I'm not going to mention it :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/

1st: Lincoln City
2nd: MK Dons
3rd: Notts County
4th: Northampton Town
5th: Mansfield Town
6th: Tranmere Rovers
7th: Cambridge United

23rd: Oldham Athletic
24th: Yeovil Town

They must have a certain dislike for Flitcroft, it’s the only possible outcome!!!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:08 pm

If you listen to the League 2 Betting Preview two weeks earlier then the reason for not being fans of David Flitcroft is based on the poor finish to last season and comments made by Swindon Town fans.

I had a listen to the League 1 Betting Preview today and they also have reservations about Peterborough because they think that Evans should have won promotion with our squad last season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:If you listen to the League 2 Betting Preview two weeks earlier then the reason for not being fans of David Flitcroft is based on the poor finish to last season and comments made by Swindon Town fans.

I had a listen to the League 1 Betting Preview today and they also have reservations about Peterborough because they think that Evans should have won promotion with our squad last season.

Sounds quite logical.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:24 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:If you listen to the League 2 Betting Preview two weeks earlier then the reason for not being fans of David Flitcroft is based on the poor finish to last season and comments made by Swindon Town fans.

He would've done had he stayed.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum