{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 pm

Rob wrote:
The One wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Apparently it's changing again before Saturday. The process is now:

1. Arm-wrestle Arnie.
2. Scale a twenty foot barbed wire topped wall with lookout machine gunner and crocodile moat.
3. Out sprint Usain Bolt.
4. Clean and jerk a small Japanese car.
5. Complete the Rubik's Cube.
6. Child mind a creche of ADHD kids.
7. Wear a ch*****field scarf.
8. Explain quantum physics in 10,000 words.
9. Read a Katie Price novel.
10. Join the match day queue and pay more than the person sat next to you.

ENJOY!

So so true. Her indoors is NFL fan she booked tickets Wembley for autumn games in a minute .

I bet they weren't £22! You can, of course, buy a Stags ticket online in one minute too.

£110 but each one will be sell out
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:19 pm

No more QLE memberships left. This makes my ribs ache it really does its so funny. Its all smoke and mirrors and always has been. The six hundred plus memberships sold have cost the club at least £150,000 before a ball is kicked yet with less than four days to kick off you can go online and have choice of over 500 plus tickets to sit in the QLE. How many members have purchased a ticket already and how many will be going to queue up and get one in the next three days. No where near the six hundred memberships sold I bet. It will be a half full make believe "North Stand" full of part time supporters till it gets cold. All its done is move 600 arses out of the IG into QLE. Now we have to sell two strikers to balance the books and take on another loan kid to cover defense. You couldn't make it up unbelievable but its happened and all just before season opener to disrupt the team even more.
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:55 pm

The One wrote:
Rob wrote:
The One wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Apparently it's changing again before Saturday. The process is now:

1. Arm-wrestle Arnie.
2. Scale a twenty foot barbed wire topped wall with lookout machine gunner and crocodile moat.
3. Out sprint Usain Bolt.
4. Clean and jerk a small Japanese car.
5. Complete the Rubik's Cube.
6. Child mind a creche of ADHD kids.
7. Wear a ch*****field scarf.
8. Explain quantum physics in 10,000 words.
9. Read a Katie Price novel.
10. Join the match day queue and pay more than the person sat next to you.

ENJOY!

So so true. Her indoors is NFL fan she booked tickets Wembley for autumn games in a minute .

I bet they weren't £22! You can, of course, buy a Stags ticket online in one minute too.

£110 but each one will be sell out

Not sure what your point is, the reality is you can buy a ticket to see the Stags in the same amount of time it takes to buy a ticket to see the NFL games. If you want to get a discount, then yes there are a few more (not impossible) steps you have to take.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:48 am

Advertising the game on radio Mansfield against Newport , well done MTFC :)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 am

So we should have sold limitless memberships for a 1500 -1700 capacity stand. It's the clubs fault that they have been selling these things for 3 months and some people haven't been bothered to get one now they have missed out. And Dogsdanglers is still doing completely imaginary maths (596 sold on 17th July and we only sold 600??) and bashing the club for significantly increasing the capacity of a stand.

All normal then. I can't believe they don't ring every person who has ever had a ticket and see if they want picking up and given a monogramed cushion for each home game.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:04 am

I will be there Sat in my QLE members seat, Not a game I would have picked out of the usual dozen or so games a season i go to...also buy a program half time draw ticket and a cuppa,
Looking forward to getting to a lot more games this season.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Stag95 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:25 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:No more QLE memberships left. This makes my ribs ache it really does its so funny. Its all smoke and mirrors and always has been. The six hundred plus memberships sold have cost the club at least £150,000 before a ball is kicked yet with less than four days to kick off you can go online and have choice of over 500 plus tickets to sit in the QLE. How many members have purchased a ticket already and how many will be going to queue up and get one in the next three days. No where near the six hundred memberships sold I bet. It will be a half full make believe "North Stand" full of part time supporters till it gets cold. All its done is move 600 arses out of the IG into QLE. Now we have to sell two strikers to balance the books and take on another loan kid to cover defense. You couldn't make it up unbelievable but its happened and all just before season opener to disrupt the team even more.

Load of rubbish, clearly talking out your arse. How dare anyone not buy a season ticket. You're one of these Stags purists who look down on anyone who doesn't have a season ticket aren't you? Sure you'd have loads of fun with a 1,500 crowd and the club down the pan.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:27 am

seems impossible to please some on here most of the time.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:48 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:No more QLE memberships left. This makes my ribs ache it really does its so funny. Its all smoke and mirrors and always has been. The six hundred plus memberships sold have cost the club at least £150,000 before a ball is kicked yet with less than four days to kick off you can go online and have choice of over 500 plus tickets to sit in the QLE. How many members have purchased a ticket already and how many will be going to queue up and get one in the next three days. No where near the six hundred memberships sold I bet. It will be a half full make believe "North Stand" full of part time supporters till it gets cold. All its done is move 600 arses out of the IG into QLE. Now we have to sell two strikers to balance the books and take on another loan kid to cover defense. You couldn't make it up unbelievable but its happened and all just before season opener to disrupt the team even more.

I suggest you do the maths at the end of the season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:50 am

Please explain to me how you arrived at a 150k loss.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:24 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Please explain to me how you arrived at a 150k loss.

Pulled them out his arse like the majority of his other thoughts I would assume.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Why not have two family areas, one in the QLE & keep the other where it was in the IGL? After all it’s families we need to be targeting to come more often.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:15 pm

Dan wrote:Why not have two family areas, one in the QLE & keep the other where it was in the IGL? After all it’s families we need to be targeting to come more often.

Make sure the IGL family area isn't next to Frontrowhero, he will be starting an uprising of kids against the stewards.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:31 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:Why not have two family areas, one in the QLE & keep the other where it was in the IGL? After all it’s families we need to be targeting to come more often.

Make sure the IGL family area isn't next to Frontrowhero, he will be starting an uprising of kids against the stewards.

Front Row Hero is an anagram of Artful Dodger
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:38 pm

Well I’ve swapped from ST IGU to Members card because it saves a lot of money and I won’t be in earshot of the hogwash you hear up in IGU. Clueless morons some of that lot. Just hope they’ve stayed up there and not followed suit. Prefer it behind goal too. Win for me.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:42 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Well I’ve swapped from ST IGU to Members card because it saves a lot of money and I won’t be in earshot of the hogwash you hear up in IGU. Clueless morons some of that lot. Just hope they’ve stayed up there and not followed suit. Prefer it behind goal too. Win for me.

And .........?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:58 pm

Wonder how different we are to Accrington?

Throws some light on the situation Chairman have to consider.

?

Interesting to see how open and honest this Chairman is (not a criticism of JR before anyone starts bleating).
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:35 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Well I’ve swapped from ST IGU to Members card because it saves a lot of money and I won’t be in earshot of the hogwash you hear up in IGU. Clueless morons some of that lot. Just hope they’ve stayed up there and not followed suit. Prefer it behind goal too. Win for me.

And .........?

I think he's made the right move Edders. I did it two seasons ago. Not regretted it so far. Likewise I hope the "taxi for ...........", expletive, moaning brigade haven't followed too.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

And .........?

I think he's made the right move Edders. I did it two seasons ago. Not regretted it so far. Likewise I hope the "taxi for ...........", expletive, moaning brigade haven't followed too.

Damn right I have. It isn’t worth the price of the ST to watch league 2, or even league 1 football without early bird.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:30 am

:) Open till 7pm today.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:41 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

And .........?

Damn right I have. It isn’t worth the price of the ST to watch league 2, or even league 1 football without early bird.

Your opinion is, of course, valid.

However, my IGU ST prices my 23 home games at about £12 each. I see this as good value (IMO, of course!)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:33 pm

This looks a good initiative by our friends down the road, would've loved this when I was a kid.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:02 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

And .........?

Your opinion is, of course, valid.

However, my IGU ST prices my 23 home games at about £12 each. I see this as good value (IMO, of course!)

Is that Senior price Edders? Wouldn’t be that cheap for adults surely. Your opinion is always accepted of course, just not always correct, IMO :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Yes (sadly) senior price applies in my case!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:59 am

What did the QLE look like yesterday, did it look good. Did we get any atmosphere out of it?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum