{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released & Transferred 2018-2019

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released & Transferred 2018-2019

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:22 pm

I like Rose but he’s not worth 500k, nearer the 200k mark at best imo. Hope we keep him though.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:34 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:I like Rose but he’s not worth 500k, nearer the 200k mark at best imo. Hope we keep him though.

He's worth whatever the buying club are willing to pay and there's no way Radford will sell any of our main men for less than half a mil.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:46 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

£1.2m apparently, he could've been ours too :cry:

Expect an offer for Danny Rose that we wont be able to refuse, just a matter of time :o :o :o

That's crossed my mind too.

Or will they go for Mo Eisa. Apparently a bid has come in from an unnamed club.

If you look at Cheltenham board, it's common knowledge the bid was from Evans.

I hope Coventry do come in for Rose with a good offer, he ain't good enough hence Davies and Walker being brought in

You have obviously felt spoiled with top strikers with Mansfield, Danny Rose is clearly good enough.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:55 am

Stag95 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:I like Rose but he’s not worth 500k, nearer the 200k mark at best imo. Hope we keep him though.

He's worth whatever the buying club are willing to pay and there's no way Radford will sell any of our main men for less than half a mil.

Wrong imo mate.
Neymar isn’t worth 200 Million, only the idiotic clubs blowing their money have over inflated their worth.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 am

how soon some forget Danny is a quality striker, however every player has their price

hope he stays
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:04 am

it wouldn't be stagsnet if there wasn't a master tacticians saying our top goalscorer last year wasn't good enough anymore, you just can't make it up
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:17 am

Danny is a good un but don't forget, everyone has a value.

If he wanted to leave he would obviously need replacing, so a good deal would have to be struck in the first place.

I'm confident in our four man strike force, that includes Danny, without him it's back to square one as far as goals are concerned.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:19 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

Wrong imo mate.
Neymar isn’t worth 200 Million, only the idiotic clubs blowing their money have over inflated their worth.

That's exactly my point, a player is worth as much as a club is willing to pay. Football is too fluid to say a player is worth X amount, especially when a player's worth for one team might be 10 times more useful for another.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:26 am

Stag95 wrote:

Wrong.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:30 am

abc wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

Wrong.

Okay thanks for the discussion there Mr Trump :lol:
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:37 am

abc wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

Wrong.

Okay thanks for the discussion there Mr Trump :lol:
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:37 am

Conker wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

£1.2m apparently, he could've been ours too :cry:

Expect an offer for Danny Rose that we wont be able to refuse, just a matter of time :o :o :o

That's crossed my mind too.

Or will they go for Mo Eisa. Apparently a bid has come in from an unnamed club.

If you look at Cheltenham board, it's common knowledge the bid was from Evans.

I hope Coventry do come in for Rose with a good offer, he ain't good enough hence Davies and Walker being brought in

You have obviously felt spoiled with top strikers with Mansfield, Danny Rose is clearly good enough.

It's an opinions board, yes I'm old enough to have seen the great, the good, the mediocre, the bad and the p poor. Danny comes in at mediocre imo.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:52 am

Danny rose, the mediocre striker that scored more goals than anyone else in a stags shirt last year. he was nearly our 20 goal a season man too.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:05 am

People forget how much he carried us the first half of the season. Everyone was absolutely delighted when he signed a new deal. He has been doing rehabilitation work in pre-season so maybe he was carrying a knock through the last few months but had to carry on playing because the rest of our forwards couldn't buy a goal between them?
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:11 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:Danny rose, the mediocre striker that scored more goals than anyone else in a stags shirt last year. he was nearly our 20 goal a season man too.

Bobby, go on all you like he scored 14 league goals so nowhere "nearly" 20. Kane Hemmings scored more league goals yet we've not pursued him and Kane had a far superior all round game!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:31 am

mediocre is harsh, Spencer was mediocre if not worse. Rose was our best striker, or second best as you say
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:33 am

How can people seriously want to see Rose go ? Absolutely stupid, who would they rather have than him, that would realistically come to the club ?
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:45 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:Danny rose, the mediocre striker that scored more goals than anyone else in a stags shirt last year. he was nearly our 20 goal a season man too.

Wagstaff, Clarke, Moss, Stant, Whitehall, Greenacre, Barker, Green and that is just a 20 second scan of my memory.

Rose is definitely only in the mediocre list of Stags strikers.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:57 am

Big yella wrote:

Wagstaff, Clarke, Moss, Stant, Whitehall, Greenacre, Barker, Green and that is just a 20 second scan of my memory.

That would be the Matt Green who scored less goals than Rose last season? Green is a club legend for what he did in the conference, but that doesn't mean he is a better player.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:59 am

Stag95 wrote:People forget how much he carried us the first half of the season. Everyone was absolutely delighted when he signed a new deal. He has been doing rehabilitation work in pre-season so maybe he was carrying a knock through the last few months but had to carry on playing because the rest of our forwards couldn't buy a goal between them?

I don't think he "carried us" as it took until mid September to find form but there is a direct correlation between his goal scoring form and our results however the same could equally said regarding Alex MacDonald regarding form.

Rose was struggling early doors hence why he was dropped to the bench until the Lincoln away game when he came on and scored within 3 minutes. Interestingly also MacDonalds first start.

He then went on a purple patch until Evans departure which as we all know also coincided with MacDonalds drop in form.

For me the two most important attacking players we have, they play well we likely win - struggle for form and we struggle as a team.

Despite how the season ended our start last season put us on the back foot and we were always playing catch-up.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:00 am

Big yella wrote:

Ross dyer, Jimmy Spencer, Chris Beardsley, pat hoban, billy kee, vadaine oliver, Ollie palmer were mediocre.

Not rose
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:04 am

Stags 2002 wrote:
Stag95 wrote:People forget how much he carried us the first half of the season. Everyone was absolutely delighted when he signed a new deal. He has been doing rehabilitation work in pre-season so maybe he was carrying a knock through the last few months but had to carry on playing because the rest of our forwards couldn't buy a goal between them?

I don't think he "carried us" as it took until mid September to find form but there is a direct correlation between his goal scoring form and our results however the same could equally said regarding Alex MacDonald regarding form.

Rose was struggling early doors hence why he was dropped to the bench until the Lincoln away game when he came on and scored within 3 minutes. Interestingly also MacDonalds first start.

He then went on a purple patch until Evans departure which as we all know also coincided with MacDonalds drop in form.

For me the two most important attacking players we have, they play well we likely win - struggle for form and we struggle as a team.

Despite how the season ended our start last season put us on the back foot and we were always playing catch-up.

And who was carrying us through those opening weeks? A certain Lee Angol. 4 goals in the first 8 games when he was actually starting.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:19 am

Stag95 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

Wrong imo mate.

That's exactly my point, a player is worth as much as a club is willing to pay. Football is too fluid to say a player is worth X amount, especially when a player's worth for one team might be 10 times more useful for another.

I do see where you’re coming from ‘95. Opinions hey, let’s just say I value him at that, which I think is s good amount for him really. Anyway who cares, IT’S COMING HOME!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:58 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Ross dyer, Jimmy Spencer, Chris Beardsley, pat hoban, billy kee, vadaine oliver, Ollie palmer were mediocre.

Not rose

I agree. We have had better, but mediocre, no.

If we sold him for £200k and used the money for a replacement, chances are we would be worse off.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:04 pm

200k would barely get you a 10 goal a season striker with the way the transfer market is at the moment. And we don't usually play fees for players do we? I hope rose stays anyway, as a starter or a sub he'll be ten times better than Spencer or sterling-james was coming off the bench .
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum