{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Jamie wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:Can't wait for all the tears on here from QLE members first time we get a limited allocation.
That's a bit mean spirited Jamie.

I'm sure the vast majority of QL members will accept that the season ticket holders will have priority.

They won't, they'll be on here crying about how they go home and away and have for years.

Also i paid full price for my ST, partly because I wanted to have my seat but also to help the club. Not just save a few quid for myself as others have.

My problem isn't with the financial impact of no early bird, it's the fact they've given less committed fans a huge discount and laughed in the face of season ticket holders.

TTFs post about the cost of early bird is quite funny. This membership deal will cost about the same overall in terms of lost income. With the added bit that the more popular it is the more they lose. It's laughable.
Jamie it's all about choice. You have chosen to stay in your seat. Others have chosen to go for the QL membership. It's nice to have choice. To imply that season ticket holders are more committed than QL members is not necessary correct.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:Can't wait for all the tears on here from QLE members first time we get a limited allocation.

I'm sure the vast majority of QL members will accept that the season ticket holders will have priority.

They won't, they'll be on here crying about how they go home and away and have for years.

Also i paid full price for my ST, partly because I wanted to have my seat but also to help the club. Not just save a few quid for myself as others have.

My problem isn't with the financial impact of no early bird, it's the fact they've given less committed fans a huge discount and laughed in the face of season ticket holders.

TTFs post about the cost of early bird is quite funny. This membership deal will cost about the same overall in terms of lost income. With the added bit that the more popular it is the more they lose. It's laughable.
Jamie it's all about choice. You have chosen to stay in your seat. Others have chosen to go for the QL membership. It's nice to have choice. To imply that season ticket holders are more committed than QL members is not necessary correct.

Course it is correct.... A season ticket holder commits to the season and pays for every game.

A membership holder can miss a game and not worry that hes losing out on money, they just don't buy a ticket.

For me, if we are abysmal this season, which i don't think we will be, we'll have a very cold empty one call stadium during the winter.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:50 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Course it is correct.... A season ticket holder commits to the season and pays for every game.

A membership holder can miss a game and not worry that hes losing out on money, they just don't buy a ticket.

For me, if we are abysmal this season, which i don't think we will be, we'll have a very cold empty one call stadium during the winter.

If you look at it the other way though, and we're up there all season playing good stuff then this offer could massively boost attendances by the new year.

Does anyone know when they are stopping selling QLE memberships? I'd imagine they'd keep going until it's sold out?
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 pm

I'm sure plenty of QL members will attend all matches next season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:03 pm

Stags 95 / Amber - I really hope they do :)
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Stags 95 / Amber - I really hope they do :)

So do I. It's a very good point made BT Stags 95.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I'm sure plenty of QL members will attend all matches next season.

I think they will Andy.

As a season ticket holder for many years I've opted for the QLE membership purely due to financial reasons. I'll still be there on rainy Tuesday night regardless.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Amber Andy its not often I agree with Jamie but financially ST holders are more committed......they pay their money up front

I applaud the club for trying to provide value for money but more thought needs to be applied to ensure the overall pricing strategy makes sense. Do we want people to buy ST's or memberships? I'm not sure at the moment

And there's a ticking bomb for older ST holders with the shift to concessions from 60 to 65

I saw that Hardy said nearly a third of their ST holders are in the younger bracket - do we know and has that informed thinking. As JR will know decisions need to be data driven.

Lets decide what we want and price accordingly
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:24 pm

yorkstag wrote:Amber Andy its not often I agree with Jamie but financially ST holders are more committed......they pay their money up front

I applaud the club for trying to provide value for money but more thought needs to be applied to ensure the overall pricing strategy makes sense. Do we want people to buy ST's or memberships? I'm not sure at the moment

And there's a ticking bomb for older ST holders with the shift to concessions from 60 to 65

I saw that Hardy said nearly a third of their ST holders are in the younger bracket - do we know and has that informed thinking. As JR will know decisions need to be data driven.

I still think Jamie's is wrong saying season ticket holders are more committed than QL membership holders. Some may be but not all.

How many season ticket holders decide not to go to cup games, especially the " Mickey Mouse " cup ?

How many season ticket holders loan their tickets to a friend, when they are unable to attend themselves ? Which can mean loss of revenue for the club.

Buying a season ticket does show loyalty, but their are other factors.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:46 pm

My personal opinion is, I don't like sitting behind the goal, end of.

Season ticket for me then.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:18 pm

oldweststander wrote:My personal opinion is, I don't like sitting behind the goal, end of.

Season ticket for me then.

Me too. Great value as well.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:39 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Amber Andy its not often I agree with Jamie but financially ST holders are more committed......they pay their money up front

I still think Jamie's is wrong saying season ticket holders are more committed than QL membership holders. Some may be but not all.

How many season ticket holders decide not to go to cup games, especially the " Mickey Mouse " cup ?

How many season ticket holders loan their tickets to a friend, when they are unable to attend themselves ? Which can mean loss of revenue for the club.

I think you are misinterpreting his use of the word commitment. He isn't talking about how committed people are in terms of attending matches. The commitment is in giving your money up front to the club with no knowledge of how a season is going to pan out.
There are people without ST's who go to every game and I have nothing but admiration for them. However, if they have changes in their personal circumstances, or just decide we are having a poor season, they can stop going at any time and that cuts off the finances to the club.
ST holders have the option to stop going, but the club already has their money. Therefore, that commitment should be rewarded, but we have a situation where an ST holder having made that commitment can have somebody sat next to him at every game all season and end up paying less.
This is where the club have the pricing structure wrong. I am almost certain that if you did the research you wouldn't find another club in the 92 where the cheapest option to watch every game is not the season ticket.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:02 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I think you are misinterpreting his use of the word commitment. He isn't talking about how committed people are in terms of attending matches. The commitment is in giving your money up front to the club with no knowledge of how a season is going to pan out.
There are people without ST's who go to every game and I have nothing but admiration for them. However, if they have changes in their personal circumstances, or just decide we are having a poor season, they can stop going at any time and that cuts off the finances to the club.
ST holders have the option to stop going, but the club already has their money. Therefore, that commitment should be rewarded, but we have a situation where an ST holder having made that commitment can have somebody sat next to him at every game all season and end up paying less.
This is where the club have the pricing structure wrong. I am almost certain that if you did the research you wouldn't find another club in the 92 where the cheapest option to watch every game is not the season ticket.
That would be the case if the membership deal was also for the IG stand, but it only applies to QL.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:59 pm

What they should have done was reduce the season ticket price in the QLE to £273 for everybody including concessions.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:24 pm

What’s all this nonsense about ST holders choosing not to go?

It’s gonna be a GREAT season. Nobody will want to miss a second of it.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Well ive paid my 130 euros to watch every game live next season , feeling quite smug now
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:29 pm

spanishstag wrote:Well ive paid my 130 euros to watch every game live next season , feeling quite smug now

Cocky smugger!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:24 am

part time pete wrote:What they should have done was reduce the season ticket price in the QLE to £273 for everybody including concessions.

Or

£253 the same price of £11 per game without paying the price of the membership card saving 84p a game but guaranteed a seat good or bad season
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:32 am

part time pete wrote:What they should have done was reduce the season ticket price in the QLE to £273 for everybody including concessions.

Yes. However, I can't imagine there are many who have bought season tickets for the QL end.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:54 am

SINA STAG wrote:

Or

£253 the same price of £11 per game without paying the price of the membership card saving 84p a game but guaranteed a seat good or bad season

Or, as I suggested earlier in the thread, instead of making it half price for members, make it £15, which is still a significant saving but would mean that attending every game would cost slightly more than the cost of a season ticket.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:15 pm

But then we would have to charge away fans the same price, meaning lost revenue.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:35 pm

BigGuy wrote:But then we would have to charge away fans the same price, meaning lost revenue.

BigGuy, people just don’t get it!!! You are correct. It has been done this way so away fans pay the full admission price. They should have done the early bird without a doubt, but the members card is a fantastic saving!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:18 pm

BigGuy wrote:But then we would have to charge away fans the same price, meaning lost revenue.

Why would we ? I was talking about £15 for membership card holders rather than the curent £11. This wouldn't affect the 'normal' price and therefore wouldn't lower the price for away fans.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:55 am

Stag95 wrote:Does anyone know when they are stopping selling QLE memberships? I'd imagine they'd keep going until it's sold out?

The club does not have to stop selling membership cards because it does not guarantee you a seat/ticket for the QLE. It is first come first served.

My main concern for the membership cards was that you have to buy the tickets in advance to obtain the discount and that they will not be able to do this online or over the phone. This is great for fans who live and work near Mansfield but not for other fans.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:38 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Stag95 wrote:Does anyone know when they are stopping selling QLE memberships? I'd imagine they'd keep going until it's sold out?

The club does not have to stop selling membership cards because it does not guarantee you a seat/ticket for the QLE. It is first come first served.

My main concern for the membership cards was that you have to buy the tickets in advance to obtain the discount and that they will not be able to do this online or over the phone. This is great for fans who live and work near Mansfield but not for other fans.

True but I suppose you can plan a few weeks ahead and pick up the tickets for the next game you're going to while at the Mill
Stag95
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum