{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Transfer Rumours

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Transfer Rumours

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:06 am

Angol scored 10 goals in 34 games last season, many of them as sub and,apart from the start of the season, not in a run of games. Hardly the worst record and more goals per minute than any of our other strikers.
We all seem to agree that he can improve, which as a 23 year old, should be possible particularly with an attitude change under a new manager.
Surely that is all we want.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby PRL13 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:21 am

He was poor! Must do much better!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:46 am

halifaxstag wrote:Angol scored 10 goals in 34 games last season, many of them as sub and,apart from the start of the season, not in a run of games. Hardly the worst record and more goals per minute than any of our other strikers.
We all seem to agree that he can improve, which as a 23 year old, should be possible particularly with an attitude change under a new manager.
Surely that is all we want.

There's a reason he didn't get a run of games ;)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:54 am

PRL13 wrote:He was poor! Must do much better!

Yeah so how about supporting the lad rather than slating him, it's not a hard concept to grasp... Are you Norman in disguise
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:43 am

Sedgwick wrote:

Yeah so how about supporting the lad rather than slating him, it's not a hard concept to grasp... Are you Norman in disguise

Hmmm. Has anyone ever seen PRL13 and Norman on the forum at the same time?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:40 am

Has anyone heard or seen from Norman lately?
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:30 am

I'm Norman
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:46 am

SINA STAG wrote:I'm Norman

:lol: Love your Wisdom
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:58 am

I watched the team play all but 4 home league games last season, (due to hospitalisation, illness) a few friendlies, a cup game and a couple away. I did support Angol, but if all the other players had played with the same lack of commitment and effort that he showed, we would have been relegated!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:03 am

SINA STAG wrote:I'm Norman

I'm Norman, and so is my wife!
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:00 pm

PRL13 wrote:I watched the team play all but 4 home league games last season, (due to hospitalisation, illness) a few friendlies, a cup game and a couple away. I did support Angol, but if all the other players had played with the same lack of commitment and effort that he showed, we would have been relegated!

And yet, you wanted 2 in 28 Miller in preference to 10 in 34 Angol? :shock:

My argument would be, if he's that bad then why would Lincoln bother with trying to retain him? If he was fully motivated and gave 100% every game i doubt he'd be at a L2 club with that scoring record - i think we need just need to remind ourselves that players at this level generally have either:
- 100% commitment but lack quality, or vice versa,
- or slightly above average in both
- or great at both and currently on the books of some club 1+ leagues higher

I reckon that homebrew you're making might be potent-enough already! ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:56 pm

Are you Donald Trump?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Bellwhiff did you really name yourself after a smelly penis?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:08 am

Foxy wrote:Bellwhiff did you really name yourself after a smelly penis?

Has it taken that long to work that out ?

Seriously ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:34 am

Forever Optimistic wrote:Has anyone heard or seen from Norman lately?

He'll be back when we lose a friendly.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:39 pm

ParisStag wrote:

Oh yes, our esteemed 'Stags' fan will be lurking somewhere, waiting for his moment of limelight! ;)

He'll be back quicker than you can say 'genital warts' while watching Love Island
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:33 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Oh yes, our esteemed 'Stags' fan will be lurking somewhere, waiting for his moment of limelight! ;)

He'll be back quicker than you can say 'genital warts' while watching Love Island

Do you actually watch that tripe?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:32 am

Yes I spoke to him briefly yesterday. He's flying out to Portugal tomorrow morning. Hoping to meet up with him for a beer before the England and Dundee games Saturday.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby nick_stags » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:46 am

Grendon Stag wrote:

Yes I spoke to him briefly yesterday. He's flying out to Portugal tomorrow morning. Hoping to meet up with him for a beer before the England and Dundee games Saturday.

Why on earth would you subject yourself to that?
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:36 am

Spiritater wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Do you actually watch that tripe?

I'd prefer to watch actual tripe! :P
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:58 am

nick_stags wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:

Because having been on many away trips with him over the last 30 years I've had some great times and find him good company. Contrary what some of the usual suspects on here think he's very passionate about the football club he's followed from being at school.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:17 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
nick_stags wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:

Because having been on many away trips with him over the last 30 years I've had some great times and find him good company. Contrary what some of the usual suspects on here think he's very passionate about the football club he's followed from being at school.

You're a bit old to be going for your Duke of Edinburgh Award for community volunteering, aren't you Grendon? :P

Personally i don't doubt somewhere in Norman's psyche there is a fan happy to see us do well. But his absence in good times and persistence during the bad can make him look a bit trollish / closet 'rival' fan. Rarely does he show any optimism or encouragement, or acknowledge (much) the hard work the club does each season. That might seem trivial, but if all fans acted the same it'd be an incredibly toxic environment: barren of confidence and rich with blame. I don't think players / managers or owners would stick around if there wasn't some level of appreciation, gratitude and support. That doesn't mean clap at everything (as i'm sure Normski would instantly reply with), but it simply means take a balanced view by acknowledging the good and constructively criticising the bad.

I'm probably way off the mark, but as it is it can sometimes feel like he just wants the limelight
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 pm

It's human nature to complain about things. If you go for a meal and it's really nice do you seek out the manager to compliment him on it? Probably not. However if it was a pile of steaming crap you'd be complaining your head off about it. That's how we're built. It's no different when following your football team. Some of us like to be ultra positive and think we're going to go up every year, some are pessimistic and think we're going down and some are just happy to have a football team to watch. But at the end of the day if you have a bad pint/meal in the SPB or the team have got stuffed at home to the mighty Crewe then you've got every right to have your say about it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Dan wrote:It's human nature to complain about things. If you go for a meal and it's really nice do you seek out the manager to compliment him on it? Probably not. However if it was a pile of steaming crap you'd be complaining your head off about it. That's how we're built. It's no different when following your football team. Some of us like to be ultra positive and think we're going to go up every year, some are pessimistic and think we're going down and some are just happy to have a football team to watch. But at the end of the day if you have a bad pint/meal in the SPB or the team have got stuffed at home to the mighty Crewe then you've got every right to have your say about it.

bad pint more often than not

Meals are good though
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:29 pm

Dan wrote:It's human nature to complain about things. If you go for a meal and it's really nice do you seek out the manager to compliment him on it? Probably not. However if it was a pile of steaming crap you'd be complaining your head off about it. That's how we're built. It's no different when following your football team. Some of us like to be ultra positive and think we're going to go up every year, some are pessimistic and think we're going down and some are just happy to have a football team to watch. But at the end of the day if you have a bad pint/meal in the SPB or the team have got stuffed at home to the mighty Crewe then you've got every right to have your say about it.

Nobody's saying don't complain ever, Dan, just some of us prefer to allow other thoughts and words to leave our body from time to time :P

It's human nature to complain, likewise it's human nature to react - you can't have 'freedom of speech to complain' but feel embittered if someone exercises the same right to close them down? You and your laptop screensaver should know all about freedom of speech....ahem! ;)
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum