{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership 2018/2019

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed May 09, 2018 9:34 pm

Sheffieldstag wrote:With the membership card, can you purchase your tickets in advance online and print out at home?

I don't think that one has been answered or have I missed it?

Bearing in mind the fact that our ticketing software isn't capable of allowing season ticket holders to buy cup tickets online, I assume the answer will be no.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed May 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Random Hero wrote:Me and our lass were going to do the £20 QLE membership as we will struggle to stump up £700 up front for season tickets this season.

But I've just read that you MUST purchase your tickets BEFORE the day of the game in order to take advantage of the half price tickets. Is this correct?

Makes it completely pointless for fans who don't live in realistic midweek driving distance of Field Mill, and there are plenty of us. If that's the case, it's utterly ludicrous.

Time to pick and choose games then.

Just buy the ticket at the previous home game, no need to make a mid week visit to the Mill.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed May 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Without the early bird offer my ST rises from £295 to £350 which is over a 15% rise in admission to the IGU. Its only a £10 hike on last seasons non early bird prices for the IGU but for me its an unacceptable increase no matter how you dress it up. Please reinstate the early bird offers for adult ST holders or I fear the sales will drop somewhat if not.
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu May 10, 2018 7:08 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:Without the early bird offer my ST rises from £295 to £350 which is over a 15% rise in admission to the IGU. Its only a £10 hike on last seasons non early bird prices for the IGU but for me its an unacceptable increase no matter how you dress it up. Please reinstate the early bird offers for adult ST holders or I fear the sales will drop somewhat if not.

Closer to 20% than 15%. They made the mistake of no early bird a couple of years ago, and then reinstated it last year so why drop it again ?
Also, as I have already said, why are season tickets the same price throughout the ground when matchday tickets aren't ? It means that people in IGU are saving £46 more than those in IGL. Those of us who sit downstairs have to get to 2 more matches before we break even.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu May 10, 2018 9:22 am

part time pete wrote:
Random Hero wrote:Me and our lass were going to do the £20 QLE membership as we will struggle to stump up £700 up front for season tickets this season.

But I've just read that you MUST purchase your tickets BEFORE the day of the game in order to take advantage of the half price tickets. Is this correct?

Makes it completely pointless for fans who don't live in realistic midweek driving distance of Field Mill, and there are plenty of us. If that's the case, it's utterly ludicrous.

Time to pick and choose games then.

Just buy the ticket at the previous home game, no need to make a mid week visit to the Mill.

My rota varies and quite often I won't know if I can make a Saturday game until midweek.

Yet another barrier put in place by the club.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Thu May 10, 2018 10:54 am

Buy your ticket over the phone and then pick it up on match day. Or the office will post it out for a small fee £1 I believe. You would still be saving.
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Thu May 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Me and my brother will hopefully be doing the Quarry Lane membership thing, makes total sense to me after paying £300 last year for a season ticket, I'd have happily paid that again, but for this offer and price hike on season tickets. I cant make every game, 10 at most in a season.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon May 14, 2018 6:27 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby stuart long » Mon May 14, 2018 7:07 am

Looking forward to purchasing my QLM as a season ticket holder for last 4 years best way forward for me with work and personal matters. I spent £460 last year on season tickets plus merchandise, programmes, food etc which the club will now lose. Looking forward to visiting a few new grounds instead with a few stags games in between. It's a shame..
stuart long
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon May 14, 2018 9:47 am

Seems a lot of folk opting for the QLE membership! Hopefully it’ll be full and we can provide a good atmosphere in there.

I’d like to see the guys in Q Block move over to QLE, make it our “kop” and get a good atmosphere going. I usually sit IGL block C and I have to be honest, I can hardly ever hear Q block!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Mon May 14, 2018 10:00 am

Just took 45 minutes to get through on the phone to apply for me and my lads Quarry Lane membership. Paid over the phone and they should be ready to collect in a couple of weeks the nice lady in the office said. She also said that when the fixtures come out next month you can start to buy tickets on line. Can see this becoming popular, we was season ticket holders in the west stand but there’s no way I can afford £440 to renew me and my lads season ticket this time. Also if there’s mid -week home games , I can’t make it due to shift work, so this scheme is ideal for us.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon May 14, 2018 10:38 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Mon May 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Bitten the bullet and gone for QLE memberships...

Any other loudmouths who are up for creating an atmosphere joining me?
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon May 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Random Hero wrote:Bitten the bullet and gone for QLE memberships...

Just picked mine up, I’m in.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon May 14, 2018 12:51 pm

I'm just going to renew my IGU season ticket I think. To be fair I would say it is one of the best views of the pitch in the league. Not happy about the price increase but nothing I can do about it as I don't fancy sitting behind the goal again.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon May 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Steve Hymas, can you explain why there was no consultation with fans groups on the pricing of season tickets or deals please?

Perhaps some of the 'moaning' could have been avoided and better understanding of the reasoning behind the deals could have been achieved. Communication is the key.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon May 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Whereas it’s great the club are advertising it to us existing fans on platforms we already subscribe to, what are the club doing to get this out to the wider public who’ll need to know of this in advance?

Chad? Billboards? Somewhere in town? Leaflets?

Kinda makes it a tad pointless if it’s not advertised. Not having a go, just seems we lack common sense on these things at times.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon May 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:Bitten the bullet and gone for QLE memberships...

Just picked mine up, I’m in.

Just got mine too, I’m in.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Mon May 14, 2018 5:08 pm

Got mine...Great offer for the likes of me who can only get to about a dozen games a season.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon May 14, 2018 5:17 pm

ParisStag wrote:Steve Hymas, can you explain why there was no consultation with fans groups on the pricing of season tickets or deals please?

Perhaps some of the 'moaning' could have been avoided and better understanding of the reasoning behind the deals could have been achieved. Communication is the key.

stone the crows.....i agree with froggie on this one!!

also can you pay in instalments for a season ticket?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 14, 2018 5:18 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I'm just going to renew my IGU season ticket I think. To be fair I would say it is one of the best views of the pitch in the league. Not happy about the price increase but nothing I can do about it as I don't fancy sitting behind the goal again.
You are correct IGU provides the best view.

However, after using my financial head, have renewed my QL membership.

Sounds as if the atmosphere will be good in there next season. Fingers crossed we will have a lot to be happy about.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon May 14, 2018 5:37 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Steve Hymas, can you explain why there was no consultation with fans groups on the pricing of season tickets or deals please?

stone the crows.....i agree with froggie on this one!!

also can you pay in instalments for a season ticket?

You can but you’d need to do it through Zebra Finance and end up paying a load of interest. Better off banging it on a low interest credit card and pay it off that way.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Re: Quarry Lane Membership 2018/2019c

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon May 14, 2018 5:38 pm

adamstag wrote:Whereas it’s great the club are advertising it to us existing fans on platforms we already subscribe to, what are the club doing to get this out to the wider public who’ll need to know of this in advance?

Kinda makes it a tad pointless if it’s not advertised. Not having a go, just seems we lack common sense on these things at times.

Always said this, get a load of leaflets printed. There’s local companies who will leaflet drop wherever you like for £30 per 1,000 leaflets
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon May 14, 2018 6:16 pm

No rush to commit either way as yet. 8th June deadline day. No incentive to buy an ST other than the view and priority tickets for big away games like Chesterfie... oh hang on a mo :hysteria:
I mean Macclesfield.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: Quarry Lane Membership 2018/2019c

Postby Big yella » Mon May 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:Whereas it’s great the club are advertising it to us existing fans on platforms we already subscribe to, what are the club doing to get this out to the wider public who’ll need to know of this in advance?

Always said this, get a load of leaflets printed. There’s local companies who will leaflet drop wherever you like for £30 per 1,000 leaflets

Just been on an automated price check for one company. To deliver to every letterbox in postcodes NG17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22, a total of 115,641 letterboxes was quoted as £5,782:05. For me surprisingly cheap.

An average of just over 2 people per letterbox means reaching over 250,000 people, 2.3 pence each.

Of course the price of printing has to be added.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum