{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Gabbitas Gate -Closed 1PM + F/T for 20 minutes

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Gabbitas Gate closed Clownty game 9 am - 3.30 pm

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:41 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) you know it had to happen :lol:

Did you see the massive gooseberry up they made with the away coaches? Three of them pulled into the car park FULL OF SPIREITES and were about to start letting them off, meaning they would've been right near all the Stags fans drinking outside the SPB. It was amusing watching as loads of the coppers came running down to stop them, then had to try and reverse them back out onto Quarry Lane, which was already jammed as the jobsworth steward on the car park wouldn't let anyone in if there name wasn't on his list (despite the club advertising it was on a 'first come first served' basis!). Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Classic! :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Re: The Gabbitas Gate closed Clownty game 9 am - 3.30 pm

Postby JAMES9002 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Dan wrote: reverse them back out onto Quarry Lane, which was already jammed as the jobsworth steward on the car park wouldn't let anyone in if there name wasn't on his list (despite the club advertising it was on a 'first come first served' basis!). Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Classic! :lol:

Was it the one who wears the hat?
JAMES9002
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: The Gabbitas Gate closed Chesterfield game 9 am - 3.3

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:49 am

:lol: gate closed over 100 away fans coming :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: The Gabbitas Gate closed Midday v Coventry

Postby oldweststander » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Good, keeps me safe.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby ironbru » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Like i've said in the past on several occasions
Why is a photo of the gate shown OPEN, with a notice of the gate being CLOSED?
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:45 pm

ironbru wrote:Like i've said in the past on several occasions

I suspect it is because the gate should never be closed as it is a right of way.

Can’t get my head around how they get permission to shut it.

Unless they don’t get permission and are breaking the law every time they shut it.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:56 pm

part time pete wrote:
ironbru wrote:Like i've said in the past on several occasions

I suspect it is because the gate should never be closed as it is a right of way.

Can’t get my head around how they get permission to shut it.

Unless they don’t get permission and are breaking the law every time they shut it.

They think the law doesn't matter to them when they get that uniform on.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby smiler67 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:08 pm

mountain and molehills spring to mind,in my opinion we get very little trouble at field mill,the "utter morons"are very few now and the police who i know who work the bigger games have relatively little to deal with,and its usually the away fans who cause the disorder.
smiler67
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:34 pm

smiler67 wrote:mountain and molehills spring to mind,in my opinion we get very little trouble at field mill,the "utter morons"are very few now and the police who i know who work the bigger games have relatively little to deal with,and its usually the away fans who cause the disorder.

C’est la vie
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:16 pm

:shock: No mention ,so taken it is open , ready to go out and will be heading straight to the ground :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: The Gabbitas Gate v Lincoln ????

Postby Johnny H » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:39 pm

Fridays game proves to me why this gate should be closed every game as a rule ( and only opened when it is thought there would be no issues in doing so)
we have had no major issues / disorder over the last 2 seasons or more when it has been closed.......
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:44 pm

So what happened on friday
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:51 pm

Johnny H wrote:Fridays game proves to me why this gate should be closed every game as a rule ( and only opened when it is thought there would be no issues in doing so)
we have had no major issues / disorder over the last 2 seasons or more when it has been closed.......

So by your logic every pub in the country should be closed down on a saturday night ,if coppers did their jobs ,then magistrates done theres it wouldn,t be a problem ,but hey ho forest and derby can cause havoc at each others grounds ,but a couple of young pups are to much hassle for notts plod ,PATHETIC I WOULD SACK THE raspberry LOT AND MAKE YOU DO 35YEARS MINIMUM FOR ANY PENSION
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:52 pm

Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:47 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Johnny H wrote:Fridays game proves to me why this gate should be closed every game as a rule ( and only opened when it is thought there would be no issues in doing so)

So by your logic every pub in the country should be closed down on a saturday night ,if coppers did their jobs ,then magistrates done theres it wouldn,t be a problem ,but hey ho forest and derby can cause havoc at each others grounds ,but a couple of young pups are to much hassle for notts plod ,PATHETIC I WOULD SACK THE raspberry LOT AND MAKE YOU DO 35YEARS MINIMUM FOR ANY PENSION

Sorry......I thought this fixture v Accrington was a police free fixture !!!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:02 pm

The trouble yesterday dates back to when we played away at Accrington a few seasons back. A number of Blackburn fans turned up and all hell broke loose outside the away end. The same Blackburn fans turned up yesterday to support Accrington.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:05 pm

[quote="Foresttownstag"]The trouble yesterday dates back to when we played away at Accrington a few seasons back. A number of Blackburn fans turned up and all hell broke loose outside the away end. The same Blackburn fans turned up yesterday to support Accrington.[/quote#
#
if correct..........lets shut the gate then !!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:28 pm

This is where intelligence in the broadest sense of the word comes in.

I saw the trouble at Accrington a couple of years ago and it was obvious to me that when Accrington sold 500 tickets they wouldn’t be Stanley fans. Why wasn’t it obvious to you PC Gabbitas ?

I would close the gate everytime there is the potential for trouble.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:33 pm

Never under-estimate the reputation always damage that is caused by our “Neanderthals”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Re: The Gabbitas Gate

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:42 pm

If it were a lgbt it wouldn,t get a look in ,but footy fans get treated like criminals if our hoolies wore pink they would be allowed to run riot anywhere
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:47 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Never under-estimate the reputation always damage that is caused by our “Neanderthals”

Every club has them ,its not a football problem ,its a social problem
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:48 pm

yorkstag wrote:This is where intelligence in the broadest sense of the word comes in.

I saw the trouble at Accrington a couple of years ago and it was obvious to me that when Accrington sold 500 tickets they wouldn’t be Stanley fans. Why wasn’t it obvious to you PC Gabbitas ?

I would close the gate everytime there is the potential for trouble.

My thoughts exactly......we are at home....close the gate.
I am not Pc Gabbitas but the decision to close the gate does not rest at him either.......3 or 4 ranks above at least !!!!
Same as the category of each game......I am told Fridays game v ASFC was classed as a Club Security only game.....i.e....no police
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:11 am

Could somebody remind me when was the last game the gate was open and there was any problems?? Me and the wife use the gate every week and never seen any issues whatsoever.

Nothing like a good old over reaction on here by the usual suspects.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:16 am

Grendon Stag wrote:Could somebody remind me when was the last game the gate was open and there was any problems?? Me and the wife use the gate every week and never seen any issues whatsoever.

Nothing like a good old over reaction on here by the usual suspects.

Yes, Friday. We got through the gate eventually and grown men were fighting by the away supporters' coaches; my grandchildren were terrified and don't want to go again.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Since when have we ever had a police free match at Field Mill? I didn’t think it was up to the club to make these decisions anyway. Every decision they make whether it’s all ticket games or early kick offs are always put down as ‘police advice’?! I always thought PC Gabbitas had to be at all the games being the “dedicated football officer”?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum