{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby daddycool » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Look on the bright side they will be unbeaten in a wk .almost a record
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Give them a chance to practice. They certainly need it.

True that.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Well done Barnet...
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby Amberheart » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:21 am

daddycool wrote:Look on the bright side they will be unbeaten in a wk .almost a record

True dat :lol:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Hope they give us extra tickets for our upcoming fixture as it's going to be tough getting one if youre not a Season Ticket holder.. besides they Dodgy Dave needs the money so hopefully common sense will prevail.

What ya reckon?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Foxy wrote:Hope they give us extra tickets for our upcoming fixture as it's going to be tough getting one if youre not a Season Ticket holder.. besides they Dodgy Dave needs the money so hopefully common sense will prevail.

What ya reckon?

3 sides should do it
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Like it's been said before on here it's becoming like 2008 all over again hopefully it will follow in Dodgy Dave giving us extra sides to have a final payday before falling into the abis.....

Did the sheep molesters pay for those tickets ?
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:56 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Like it's been said before on here it's becoming like 2008 all over again hopefully it will follow in Dodgy Dave giving us extra sides to have a final payday before falling into the abis.....

Did the sheep molesters pay for those tickets ?

No I don't think they ever did :x
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:40 pm

I'd actually reduce the allocation to the same amount you gave us.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:42 pm

You can't afford to
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:43 pm

chambta wrote:I'd actually reduce the allocation to the same amount you gave us.

The allocation you struggled to sell you mean?
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:56 pm

sw19stag wrote:
chambta wrote:I'd actually reduce the allocation to the same amount you gave us.

The allocation you struggled to sell you mean?

Course they did and don't forget there were hundreds in the home end :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:48 pm

The Prolapse has a capacity of approx 10,500.
If things went bad for t'sheep in the preceding weeks and they gave us 5,000 tickets because theynthought their fans wouldn't turn out, d'you reckon we'd sell em?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:16 pm

If we go on another unbeaten run and are in the top three prior to the game, yes. Anything other than that, no.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Sneag wrote:You can't afford to

What makes you think our powers that be make decisions on that basis?
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 am

chambta wrote:

Because your owner is cut from the same cloth as Ha~salam n he knows if he can make a few quid more he would sell out his own mother.....

I think you've spent to much time a recluse on your farm to think otherwise......

Don't worry soon be spring all those new lambs to molest....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Opus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 am

There were three Cheaterfield supporters out walking in Hope Valley. They came across a sheep with it's head stuck in a fence and trapped. The first said I wish it were Sophia Loren the second said I wish it were Katie Price. The third said I wish it were dark
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:41 am

chambta wrote:

Because this is the kind of thing that happens to supporters when clubs are on their knees - you get repeatedly kicked in the balls from all angles. We used to think things wouldn't happen, and then they did - and then you'd kick yourself for being so stupid to not think they'd happen. No one on here would have believed before the famous game where you got 3 sides that you'd get 3 sides, then you did - and then we all thought 'yeah, that was definitely going to happen if we'd have thought about it'. I think (this is from memory) there was a game v Notts County (may have been the same season) where Stags season ticket holders were locked outside because County had sold their ticketed allocation, home fans were pay on the day (because Haslam knew tickets would limit the number of fans, and income) and County fans without tickets just turned up early and got in.

No-one thought it could get worse than Haslam, then Stephen Booth got involved with him, then John Derry, etc.Then John Bachelor got mentioned, and Harchester United. No-one thought we'd ever get to a stage where we'd lose 4-0 away at Hayes & Yeading in front of 400 fans, then we did. It was almost as though a Spireite was writing our script, and seeing just how ridiculous he could make it. I dont even know when the time was when we hit the bottom of the barrel, because there were so many times that it could be.

If Dave Allen has the club up for sale, is subsidising it on a monthly basis, has no chance of selling it any time soon and can see income diminishing with possible relegation, but has the chance of recouping a bit of cash by selling 1,000 - 2,000 seats at £20 each to Stags fans that would otherwise be sat empty, then he's doing it. And if you're very lucky, it'll only be 3-0 away at Hayes & Yeading.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:15 am

Seems to me that they’re underestimating the seriousness of their position. The old “too good to go down”. Long may that misunderstanding continue.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
chambta wrote:

Because this is the kind of thing that happens to supporters when clubs are on their knees - you get repeatedly kicked in the balls from all angles. We used to think things wouldn't happen, and then they did - and then you'd kick yourself for being so stupid to not think they'd happen. No one on here would have believed before the famous game where you got 3 sides that you'd get 3 sides, then you did - and then we all thought 'yeah, that was definitely going to happen if we'd have thought about it'. I think (this is from memory) there was a game v Notts County (may have been the same season) where Stags season ticket holders were locked outside because County had sold their ticketed allocation, home fans were pay on the day (because Haslam knew tickets would limit the number of fans, and income) and County fans without tickets just turned up early and got in.

No-one thought it could get worse than Haslam, then Stephen Booth got involved with him, then John Derry, etc.Then John Bachelor got mentioned, and Harchester United. No-one thought we'd ever get to a stage where we'd lose 4-0 away at Hayes & Yeading in front of 400 fans, then we did. It was almost as though a Spireite was writing our script, and seeing just how ridiculous he could make it. I dont even know when the time was when we hit the bottom of the barrel, because there were so many times that it could be.

If Dave Allen has the club up for sale, is subsidising it on a monthly basis, has no chance of selling it any time soon and can see income diminishing with possible relegation, but has the chance of recouping a bit of cash by selling 1,000 - 2,000 seats at £20 each to Stags fans that would otherwise be sat empty, then he's doing it. And if you're very lucky, it'll only be 3-0 away at Hayes & Yeading.
Great post, which I can totally relate to.

I ALMOST feel sorry for the Cheaterfield fans, as no one likes to see genuine fans being treated like this. The reason I say almost is that a lot of these fans were laughing their socks off at us under the Haslam era. You tend to lose all empathy when that kind of things happen.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
chambta wrote:

Great post, which I can totally relate to.

I ALMOST feel sorry for the Cheaterfield fans, as no one likes to see genuine fans being treated like this. The reason I say almost is that a lot of these fans were laughing their socks off at us under the Haslam era. You tend to lose all empathy when that kind of things happen.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
chambta wrote:

Quite a sombre post, but a brilliant one MM......and puts perfectly into perspective those dark days. Haslam must, when you think about it, have taken a lot of perverse pleasure that day.

Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:28 pm

How exciting is this lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Nearly 100 pages of watching the sheep fall from a foot or toe in the championship to a very loud creaking trap door into the abis....

MTG

Relegation Is Pending

Chesterfield :lol: :lol: :lol:

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:
Last edited by SINA STAG on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:54 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Nearly 100 pages of watching the sheep fall from a foot or toe in the championship to a very loud creaking trap door into the abis....

MTG

Relegation Is Pending

Chesterfield

:lol:
https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... -1-9011486
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum