{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Big yella » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:51 pm

chambta wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:How is Chesterfield catching us up ever a likely scenario?

You've admitted yourself that your squad is absolute dog.

Ours is far from it. Where is any logic in your prediction?

I don't recall anyone stating it was 'likely'.

What though, supposing you lost the next two, and we won them, would the points difference be?

9 points, and after we've won both and you've lost both it will be 21, which will of course be more than 150% of the points you would have after 20 games, your point is.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:11 pm

chambta wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:How is Chesterfield catching us up ever a likely scenario?

You've admitted yourself that your squad is absolute dog.

Ours is far from it. Where is any logic in your prediction?

I don't recall anyone stating it was 'likely'.

What though, supposing you lost the next two, and we won them, would the points difference be?

Your and some of the other Cheaterfield fans optimism is staggering ( no pun intended). I think that was your first home win under your new manager. Some fans seem in awe of him even wanting to name him Lord Jack Lester of Chesterfield. Goodness knows what their reaction will be if you happen to beat the Veggies. Perhaps you will have a parade through the town centre. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 am

In fairness to them, i'd have been delighted with 4 points from Swindon away and Exeter at home (we've played both at home and got 1).

It's whether their form has improved slightly under a new manager, or whether they then fall.

Forest Green are a massive acid test for them tomorrow- they were beyond hopeless when they came here, though they themselves have improved.

When comparing our squad to Chesterfield, the difference in class is massive
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:17 am

Derby days are different and form etc. Go out the window, we’ve got quite a few experienced players so hopefully we’re able use it to manage the game in our favour.

Just under a week to go, have they sold out yet? Genuine question... or are they still busy buying tickets in Q block?...
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:19 am

Jimstag wrote:Derby days are different and form etc. Go out the window, we’ve got quite a few experienced players so hopefully we’re able use it to manage the game in our favour.

Just under a week to go, have they sold out yet? Genuine question... or are they still busy buying tickets in Q block?...

Oh i'm sure Chesterfield will be like what Notts Co were, stating how they'd got 500 in the home ends when it was about 30. In a full block it was really obvious when 2 lads walked out straight after we put the 3rd past county - it would be the same here.

Like County they'll bang on about getting 5,000 plus - well done to them - not much use when bottom of the league :lol:

Never understood the fascination of attendances - Bradford average more than Bournemouth do, what division are they in?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 pm

adamstag wrote:In fairness to them, i'd have been delighted with 4 points from Swindon away and Exeter at home (we've played both at home and got 1).

It's whether their form has improved slightly under a new manager, or whether they then fall.

Forest Green are a massive acid test for them tomorrow- they were beyond hopeless when they came here, though they themselves have improved.

The point I was trying to make is how much praise they are giving Jack Lester. They are being extremely optimistic that he is their saviour. AM saved us from relegation back into non league, but I don't remember us being as euphoric. In fact when he he was sacked the following season most fans seemed to welcome it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:48 pm

adamstag wrote:
Jimstag wrote:Derby days are different and form etc. Go out the window, we’ve got quite a few experienced players so hopefully we’re able use it to manage the game in our favour.

Oh i'm sure Chesterfield will be like what Notts Co were, stating how they'd got 500 in the home ends when it was about 30. In a full block it was really obvious when 2 lads walked out straight after we put the 3rd past county - it would be the same here.

Like County they'll bang on about getting 5,000 plus - well done to them - not much use when bottom of the league :lol:

Never understood the fascination of attendances - Bradford average more than Bournemouth do, what division are they in?

Speaking of County when we went there last year with 3,000 fans and County had lost 10 in a row. 0-0 and one of the worst games of football i've ever seen.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:22 pm

adamstag wrote:In fairness to them, i'd have been delighted with 4 points from Swindon away and Exeter at home (we've played both at home and got 1).

Tomorrow is the only time I'll ever say this, but; come on FGR.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:24 am

There's rumours that some foreign investor is in negotiations to purchase 83% of their club apparently, for a knockdown price of what Allen was initially wanting.
He's probably desperate to sell because he's propping them up on a monthly basis with his own money.

Whoever this potential investor is, he must be absolutely mental to even be thinking about it, unless he's insanely rich and money is no object.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:58 am

stagmanrob wrote:There's rumours that some foreign investor is in negotiations to purchase 83% of their club apparently, for a knockdown price of what Allen was initially wanting.
He's probably desperate to sell because he's propping them up on a monthly basis with his own money.

Whoever this potential investor is, he must be absolutely mental to even be thinking about it, unless he's insanely rich and money is no object.

Its Keith making an offer from his villa in Portugal. ;)

If Carlsberg did take over rumours :lol:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 am

I'll give him a pound to take over if he's short :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:07 am

stagmanrob wrote:There's rumours that some foreign investor is in negotiations to purchase 83% of their club apparently, for a knockdown price of what Allen was initially wanting.

What you mean like JR when he took over us Rob?
Scenarios are not a million miles away, we needed a lot of cash and quickly or the future was at best not bright, and at worst...well who knows, but the Stockports and Darlingtons are two cases in point.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:38 am

We were nowhere near the level of debt that they owe to Dave Allen.
Their debt to the council alone is over a million I believe.
When you consider what JR has had to pay for Field Mill (in installments too, not up front) it's peanuts in comparison.

Even still, JR and CR have managed the club so that it wasn't making monumental losses. Their top table have been somehow selling off a pool of talented players, whilst having healthy attendances, yet still find themselves financially screwed. Nobody knows how either so something is not right. One bloke questioned it and the Spireites sent the heavies round to threaten him and his family.
So I would like to say we are some way off of being that bad.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:51 pm

stagmanrob wrote:We were nowhere near the level of debt that they owe to Dave Allen.
Their debt to the council alone is over a million I believe.
When you consider what JR has had to pay for Field Mill (in installments too, not up front) it's peanuts in comparison.

Even still, JR and CR have managed the club so that it wasn't making monumental losses. Their top table have been somehow selling off a pool of talented players, whilst having healthy attendances, yet still find themselves financially screwed. Nobody knows how either so something is not right. One bloke questioned it and the Spireites sent the heavies round to threaten him and his family.
So I would like to say we are some way off of being that bad.

There is no debt to the council. Allen paid it off.

Also that second bit isn't true. Your comment suggests it was something to do with Allen or Carson which it absolutely was not.

And believe me if it was I wouldn't be defending them.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:35 pm

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... -1-8869331

It turns out our decline that lead to us dropping out of the league was because Chesterfield beat us in the play-offs in 94/95. I think Hewitt needs a change of medication. Here was me thinking it was Haslam who did it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby JimmyMac » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:36 pm

They’ve not sold out yet!! :coys:
http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.p ... try1345220
:coys:
4th post :coys:
JimmyMac
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby chambta » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:00 pm

JimmyMac wrote:They’ve not sold out yet!! :coys:

Nor have you.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:19 pm

chambta wrote:

Nor have you.

Haha! You've only had to get rid of 1,600 and you can't even manage that! :lol:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 pm

They are gonna get SMASHED :lol: :lol: :lol:
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:16 pm

ParisStag wrote:
chambta wrote:

Nor have you.

Haha! You've only had to get rid of 1,600 and you can't even manage that! :lol:

Now, now Paris don't forget the 3,000 in our stands.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:50 pm

If that performance doesn't ensure we sell out against our bottom of the league friends on Saturday nothing will.

Let's have the place bouncing and batter those inbreds.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:39 pm

Prediction points

Sheep worriers looking at their games I can see them picking up only 1 point in their total.January fixtures overall end of the season finishing on 43 points.

Still hoping it's our game at the prozac that sends them down.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:20 pm

There's a thread on Mansfield town followers about a young 12 year old Chesterfield fan who passed away. And how it would be good to applaud in the 12th minute

Is the club planning on doing this?

Whereas matt salmon was a club employee if county fan do that for us we should do the same for Chesterfield.

It's about more than football sometimes
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:17 pm

adamstag wrote:There's a thread on Mansfield town followers about a young 12 year old Chesterfield fan who passed away. And how it would be good to applaud in the 12th minute

Whereas matt salmon was a club employee if county fan do that for us we should do the same for Chesterfield.

Of course it is Adam, a 12 year old who loves his team as we do...the world has too much hate. Imagine how if it was your lad, (heaven forbid) and the roles were reversed , and 6000 Spireites stood and paid tribute.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby joey bananas » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:50 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
adamstag wrote:There's a thread on Mansfield town followers about a young 12 year old Chesterfield fan who passed away. And how it would be good to applaud in the 12th minute

Of course it is Adam, a 12 year old who loves his team as we do...the world has too much hate. Imagine how if it was your lad, (heaven forbid) and the roles were reversed , and 6000 Spireites stood and paid tribute.

Lass. Abbie Jacques. Hope this tribute can happen
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum