{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Rose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Rose

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:47 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Danny's work-rate makes him the fans favourite. If two or three other players matched his effort, we would fly!

With a can of Red Bull each they would :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:24 pm

Good player but he is no Steve Whitehall.
I am Spartacus
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Good player but he is no Steve Whitehall.

If there was a poll for the best player to have played one season it would be him all the way - he was fantastic for us, I also think it was his best season too. Sadly the thing ruined it for us, Whitehall was all we really needed, we were just about there, but then struck the cigar smoking dickhead.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Rob wrote:

If there was a poll for the best player to have played one season it would be him all the way - he was fantastic for us, I also think it was his best season too. Sadly the thing ruined it for us, Whitehall was all we really needed, we were just about there, but then struck the cigar smoking dickhead.

He was brilliant that season, if he had been able to continue for a few years he would have been right up there as a legend.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby joey bananas » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Oh steeeve whitehallll ,Stevie Stevie whitehallll.
Brilliant one season wonder for us. Can hear this chant ringing game after game .
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bros » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:11 am

Danny joint second highest scorer (8) along with Hylton and Collins, one behind Billy Kee. His minutes per goal at 114 is the best of the lot of them by a fair way
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:59 am

He’s having a fantastic season, SE and PR really are starting to get the most out of Danny it seems. Let’s hope it continues
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:26 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:He’s having a fantastic season, SE and PR really are starting to get the most out of Danny it seems. Let’s hope it continues

Just the other 23 we need to get a game out of.
wink68
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:40 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:He’s having a fantastic season, SE and PR really are starting to get the most out of Danny it seems. Let’s hope it continues

I notice you have said this in another thread. Fact is Evans left Danny out and only selected him when he realised his own signings were not as good. He did the same with Pearce. I credit Murray, he signed him and he is clearly going to play at a higher level. Danny is saving Evans skin at the moment.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Did he have the same strike rate under Murray ?......
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:12 am

How quickly it is forgotten that Murray played Rose on the left wing!

He may have signed him but didn't know where to play him.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:30 am

BigGuy wrote:How quickly it is forgotten that Murray played Rose on the left wing!

Unlike Evans who wasn't picking him at all. Murray, sadly, failed with us but compared to Evans was given a small budget and achieved similar results in similar style (ie poor) - I would argue that despite his failure, the players Murray signed on lower wages are better than the ones signed by Evans. The apologists for our poor season continue to surprise and sadden me. Evans did not see Rose in his first eleven at the start of the season, now he does, not due to managerial brilliance, but due to the fact that the players he signed are simply not as good. Had Evans not had the reputation he has for success, he'd have been sacked by now. Lets hope we see some sort of improvement, soon.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:40 am

i don’t agree at all that evans only started playing rose when he realised his own signings were poor. his own signings aren’t poor at all imo seeing as a lot of them have multiple promotions to their names, it’s just gonna take more time to find that consistency
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:00 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:i don’t agree at all that evans only started playing rose when he realised his own signings were poor. his own signings aren’t poor at all imo seeing as a lot of them have multiple promotions to their names, it’s just gonna take more time to find that consistency

Bobby.....andy white had a promotion to his name but was ultimately useless.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:22 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:i don’t agree at all that evans only started playing rose when he realised his own signings were poor. his own signings aren’t poor at all imo seeing as a lot of them have multiple promotions to their names, it’s just gonna take more time to find that consistency

How much more time though?
Three months... 6 months?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:06 am

Rob wrote:
BigGuy wrote:How quickly it is forgotten that Murray played Rose on the left wing!

Unlike Evans who wasn't picking him at all. Murray, sadly, failed with us but compared to Evans was given a small budget and achieved similar results in similar style (ie poor) - I would argue that despite his failure, the players Murray signed on lower wages are better than the ones signed by Evans. The apologists for our poor season continue to surprise and sadden me. Evans did not see Rose in his first eleven at the start of the season, now he does, not due to managerial brilliance, but due to the fact that the players he signed are simply not as good. Had Evans not had the reputation he has for success, he'd have been sacked by now. Lets hope we see some sort of improvement, soon.

Rose started the first three league games so not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Look at Rose's scoring record since Evans took over, it's very impressive.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:09 am

All about opinions folks, that's football
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:40 am

All but 1 of danny roses mtfc goals have come under Evans.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:40 am

Spiritater wrote:

How much more time though?
Three months... 6 months?

Personally, i’d give him until his contract is up. That’s how long he’s got to get us to league one, then if he gets us there let’s see what else he can do. We’ve had the inexperienced and untried for way too long and now we’ve got someone who’s been there and done it and in my eyes should get at least as long as murray did.

I think if evans was sacked or walked away or left for another club that JR would go back to the cheap option and his goal would be to keep us in league 2, maybe the odd push for league one again.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:45 am

MTFCMAD wrote:All but 1 of danny roses mtfc goals have come under Evans.

correct. His 90th minute winner against Blackpool, as sub, under Evans, was his 2nd Stags goal. His 1st was on the opening day at Newport.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:49 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:All but 1 of danny roses mtfc goals have come under Evans.

correct. His 90th minute winner against Blackpool, as sub, under Evans, was his 2nd Stags goal. His 1st was on the opening day at Newport.

so evans is obviously doing something that murray couldn’t - get goals out of him
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:49 am

It says something of SE's recruitment process when the 1 forward actually doing something isn't his signing.

Angol has flattered to decieve, and his fascination with the hopeless, inept and completely out-of-his-depth Hemmings is particularly worrying.

DR will always get the fans backing when he has those bad games, as he's enough credit in the bank and will still work hard and potentially create chances indirectly.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:50 am

Danny Rose is single handedly saving our season at the moment, those around him need to step up quickly and support him by chipping in with a few goals. He is class act and if others had half of his commitment we would be in the promotion places by now. The new players need to show their true pedigree if we are to progress, too much strolling about and not enough bite in the final third.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:52 am

adamstag wrote:It says something of SE's recruitment process when the 1 forward actually doing something isn't his signing.

Angol has flattered to decieve, and his fascination with the hopeless, inept and completely out-of-his-depth Hemmings is particularly worrying.

DR will always get the fans backing when he has those bad games, as he's enough credit in the bank and will still work hard and potentially create chances indirectly.

I think Angol was signed for the future , maybe Radfird/Evans is hoping to make a profit further down the line . I agree he has a tad disappointing . I think Evans realises that but I still think he will come good .

We all know that Hemmings was probably not even on Evans radar . There would of been a handful of strikers he would of chosen before him but unfortunately, he lost out on his targets . And if the targets are the players we suspect then you can not fault Evans .
I think Evans wont take the option on Hemmings and will go out and try and bring a better striker in January .
There was obviously a budget for his main target so I would imagine that the budget is still there .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm

I still think Evans wants James Hanson.

We play direct up to strikers who aren't target men, a style of play that doesn't fit our personnel at all.

Hanson fits the bill, and he was wanted before Hemmings.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum