{ the forum }
 
Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Supporters' Complaints

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Supporters' Complaints

Postby Stags Fans United » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 am

We had a discussion with John Radford last night at the Fans Forum about the club's procedures for dealing with complaints by supporters.

Supporters can email the club initially at Danielle.Hett@mansfieldtown.net to try and resolve the matter.

However we agreed that supporters can also email or copy in Stags Supporters Association or Stags Fans United and Dean Foulkes and Darren Shaw will then keep a record of all the issues and present them at the bi-monthly board meetings that the supporters' representatives attend. Hopefully the problems may have been solved by then but if not then it will make sure that the board are aware of what are the main ongoing problems that need resolving. John Radford and the directors want to be kept informed of all issues that have arisen. John is very keen for all fans (whether home or away) to have an enjoyable time when they visit Field Mill/One Call Stadium.

Email: info@thessa.org or info@stagsfansunitedsociety.co.uk

Alternatively, you can message the Stags Supporters Association or Stags Fans United on Facebook or via this website.

The next board meeting attended by Stags Fans United will be in the first week of October.
Stags Fans United
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:41 am

The councillor that supports County is going to complain to SAG about the lack of incontinence pads in the North Stand toilets.

Apparently the river of wee and tears today represented a slipping hazard which means the North Stand capacity should be further reduced.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
User avatar
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:29 am

If he was there no doubt he'll be looking at something to gripe about to the SAG. One gripe'd be he couldn't see chuff all of the game after about 63 mins as folk around him kept standing up and walking out and spoiling his view. However after 10mins of this his view was great as there was hardly anyone left in that stand :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16547
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:50 am

Spiritater wrote:If he was there no doubt he'll be looking at something to gripe about to the SAG. One gripe'd be he couldn't see chuff all of the game after about 63 mins as folk around him kept standing up and walking out and spoiling his view. However after 10mins of this his view was great as there was hardly anyone left in that stand :lol:


Well done, you've just given the SAG further ammunition to reduce the capacity.

He was clearly in violation of fire regulations due to a fire drill taking place on the 63rd minute (these early kick-offs seem to conflict with the drill as it happened at the Grimbsy game too), alot of the county fans chose to respect this and swiftly exited whilst some decided to stay and ignore it :lol:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Bros » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:30 am

From our viewpoint some of the County fans tried to leave before then but the police brought them back and made them watch some more.
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:47 am

Bros wrote:From our viewpoint some of the County fans tried to leave before then but the police brought them back and made them watch some more.


That'll be a job for t'Plod Commisioner then, grounds for Plod brutality shirley.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16547
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Stags Fans United » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:05 pm

The list of points that have we have for the MTFC board meeting next week that have been raised on here are as follows:

1. More card machines for ticket office.
2. Improve online purchase of tickets. Some blocks and seats in Ian Greaves Stand are not shown as being available.
3. Toilets in Ian Greaves Upper are in a disgusting state and need improving. They are also very small. (The toilets in the old West Stand were much better)
4. What is the situation regarding radio broadcasting rights? Would the club be better moving back to the BBC now that Mansfield 103.2 seem to be more interested in Forest than the Stags.

Any more?
Stags Fans United
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Stags Fans United wrote:The list of points that have we have for the MTFC board meeting next week that have been raised on here are as follows:

1. More card machines for ticket office.
2. Improve online purchase of tickets. Some blocks and seats in Ian Greaves Stand are not shown as being available.
3. Toilets in Ian Greaves Upper are in a disgusting state and need improving. They are also very small. (The toilets in the old West Stand were much better)
4. What is the situation regarding radio broadcasting rights? Would the club be better moving back to the BBC now that Mansfield 103.2 seem to be more interested in Forest than the Stags.

Any more?


Regarding point 3 (as I mentioned on another thread) I would appreciate if you can also bring up that these are used by juniors who have to be lifted to reach the urinals. Cleanliness and practicality for all fans being the two points to raise.

5. Do the club plan to offer any ticketing incentives this year? Like the 2 for 1's last season. I'm a season ticket holder so not relevant to myself but others may be interested.

Id appreciate if you can post any feedback on this thread, and thanks for asking the questions.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:55 pm

Stags Fans United wrote:The list of points that have we have for the MTFC board meeting next week that have been raised on here are as follows:

1. More card machines for ticket office.
2. Improve online purchase of tickets. Some blocks and seats in Ian Greaves Stand are not shown as being available.
3. Toilets in Ian Greaves Upper are in a disgusting state and need improving. They are also very small. (The toilets in the old West Stand were much better)
4. What is the situation regarding radio broadcasting rights? Would the club be better moving back to the BBC now that Mansfield 103.2 seem to be more interested in Forest than the Stags.

Any more?


New announcer, the gentleman that's been doing it for the last couple of weeks is brilliant, give it him full time.

Also, some half time entertainment rather than just 50/50 draw! Something involving the fans at half time, prize for the winner. Dizzy penalties is done at Leeds, hilarious
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:17 am

Stags Fans United wrote:The list of points that have we have for the MTFC board meeting next week that have been raised on here are as follows:

1. More card machines for ticket office.
2. Improve online purchase of tickets. Some blocks and seats in Ian Greaves Stand are not shown as being available.
3. Toilets in Ian Greaves Upper are in a disgusting state and need improving. They are also very small. (The toilets in the old West Stand were much better)
4. What is the situation regarding radio broadcasting rights? Would the club be better moving back to the BBC now that Mansfield 103.2 seem to be more interested in Forest than the Stags.

Any more?



I've often wondered why the IGU has 2 block of female toilets and 1 block for blokes, given the gender ratio of people going? Perhaps there are far more ladies go than i account for, but no way am i gonna stand outside counting em - my face would be like raw meat from all the slaps :P

Would i be possible to make one of those block unisex to try and even it up?
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:50 am

There's two male blocks in the North Stand side.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2077
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby BELSE » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:19 pm

lot bigger in q/l stand
BELSE
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby m1cksut » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:25 pm

i've got a bad back, if that's any help!
told you, what carolyn wants, carolyn gets.
User avatar
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby jimdadstag » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:09 pm

m1cksut wrote:i've got a bad back, if that's any help!

Steve Evans has got four!
Its only my opinion,deal with it!
jimdadstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:54 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:30 am

.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
User avatar
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby spanishstag » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Weve just been stuffed by swindon who do i contact mr evans says its our fault not really happy about him if he apologises i may withdraw my complaint ,so the balls in your court mr steve ,thanks in advance for your response :lol:
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Tof » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Really just a reminder:
There are floating fans (I am one) who are not coming to the ground because there is no opportunity to pay on the day at the turnstile.

I'm well aware I can order in advance and pick them up or pay more on the day by going to the ticket office but I have no intention of doing either. This isn't a huge loss for me or the club as I live some distance away but there certainly a short and long term cost for the club. E.g. While I was in Mansfield with my family recently we (me, the wife and three small kids - plus my Dad would probably have come) missed 2 home games we probably would have watched in the past - not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but a cost to the club all the same.

Simply put, it's just too much bother these days when you've spent thirty years just picking up your keys and wallet to go to the game.

I don't expect to change anything with this message (the club makes an offer and I decide whether to accept it, or not) but I hope people who matter realise that at least a few thousand (probably tens of thousands) are not going to the club each year which previously would have. Add to that the fact that my kids will, as a result, probably not become Stags fans and won't ever come to games and you've got a long term cost as well.
Tof
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Tof wrote:Really just a reminder:
There are floating fans (I am one) who are not coming to the ground because there is no opportunity to pay on the day at the turnstile.

I'm well aware I can order in advance and pick them up or pay more on the day by going to the ticket office but I have no intention of doing either. This isn't a huge loss for me or the club as I live some distance away but there certainly a short and long term cost for the club. E.g. While I was in Mansfield with my family recently we (me, the wife and three small kids - plus my Dad would probably have come) missed 2 home games we probably would have watched in the past - not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but a cost to the club all the same.

Simply put, it's just too much bother these days when you've spent thirty years just picking up your keys and wallet to go to the game.

I don't expect to change anything with this message (the club makes an offer and I decide whether to accept it, or not) but I hope people who matter realise that at least a few thousand (probably tens of thousands) are not going to the club each year which previously would have. Add to that the fact that my kids will, as a result, probably not become Stags fans and won't ever come to games and you've got a long term cost as well.

as Stags Fans United, we have made the point to the club several times (including in the consultation on ticket prices in 2015, the full details of which are on our website) that, based on feedback from fans, we think there should at least one cash turnstile per stand. To date, the club has not implemented. That said, I'm sure the number of people not attending for this reason is not in the thousands, or anything like that.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15222
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:49 am

The issue of pay on a turnstile has a little bit of 'legs' but it can't over ride the fact that folk who've pre bought tickets have priority. Suppose it's a big game, Direites or Clownty etc then you just can't rock up early and pay on the gate and sit anywhere as many or most of the seats will have been pre booked and nobody'll be wanting to find another seat if Tof's sat in theirs as a pay on the gate customer. It'd mean for big games having a complete section in each stand set aside for the odd 20-30 folk who want to turn up with £22 and give it to a turnstile operative.
This'd probably mean 5-600 seats in the whole stadium being left empty for big games plus the Gabbitas buffer zones.

Also if there wasn't areas set aside for POTG folk then if say 5 or 6 turned up as a group for a 'big' game and all wanted to sit together (having downed 5-6 pints each in the Talbot pre game) then I'd imagine there'd be arguements if they're asked to 'hop it youth' by someone who's paid and pre booked those seats for him and his family.

I can't see why you just can't go to the booths Tof if you've made your mind up to go and turn up 10 minutes earlier.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16547
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Tof » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:36 am

Martin Shaw wrote:As Stags Fans United, we have made the point to the club several times (including in the consultation on ticket prices in 2015, the full details of which are on our website) that, based on feedback from fans, we think there should at least one cash turnstile per stand. To date, the club has not implemented. That said, I'm sure the number of people not attending for this reason is not in the thousands, or anything like that.


Thanks for the reply, Martin. I know this and many other points are raised by Stags Fans United.

I think you're right regarding the number of people but I'm guessing the lost revenue would still, in total, pay for at least part of another player. If just 50 per home game don't go at an average price of 15 quid, that's 17k per year, I'm guessing about half of an 'average' Stags player's wage - I reckon Jack Thomas will be on less that that. My point being that it's really quite strange not to take the money when the club could really use it. And the staff cost shouldn't be higher, or not too much higher, for the extra business - people from the office could 'man' the turnstiles.
Tof
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Tof » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Spiritater wrote:The issue of pay on a turnstile has a little bit of 'legs' but it can't over ride the fact that folk who've pre bought tickets have priority. Suppose it's a big game, Direites or Clownty etc then you just can't rock up early and pay on the gate and sit anywhere as many or most of the seats will have been pre booked and nobody'll be wanting to find another seat if Tof's sat in theirs as a pay on the gate customer. It'd mean for big games having a complete section in each stand set aside for the odd 20-30 folk who want to turn up with £22 and give it to a turnstile operative.
This'd probably mean 5-600 seats in the whole stadium being left empty for big games plus the Gabbitas buffer zones.

Also if there wasn't areas set aside for POTG folk then if say 5 or 6 turned up as a group for a 'big' game and all wanted to sit together (having downed 5-6 pints each in the Talbot pre game) then I'd imagine there'd be arguements if they're asked to 'hop it youth' by someone who's paid and pre booked those seats for him and his family.

I can't see why you just can't go to the booths Tof if you've made your mind up to go and turn up 10 minutes earlier.


And these are probably the reasons why the Stags don't do it. I kind of understand the reasoning as well (reduced complexity for the club, some of the rules maybe come from Gabbitas or the SAG) - but no casual fan in their right mind should be expecting special treatment when the big games come around.

Your last sentence is fair enough but you're talking as a Stags' supporter and not the casual fan I've become in recent years (live in Germany). I see it differently now, I'm not prepared to accept every dictat from the club. The club should make it as easy as possible for me, within limits, to come if they want the money. At the end of the day it's my decision whether I take up their offer. At the moment the added complexity (from my side) just makes the high cost of games (here in Germany I can sometimes watch Mönchengladbach play in the Bundesliga cheaper than I can watch Stags' home games) even more annoying and has tipped the balance to staying away.

Another reason I didn't mention before:
If I'm coming on my own instead of with the family, I can't sit with my mates any more. They've got season tickets in a decent position in the IGU so I can no longer sit with them due to the pre-booking of seats - in the first 15 years of my exile I'd just turn up and the people around would make a space because we'd know each other. Now all the empty places nearby tend to be pre-booked and there's only a very small chance of sitting right next to my mates. And who really wants to sit on their own` when part of the fun was spending time with your mates?

Perhaps I'm being too precious but hey, I'm nearly 50 so I'm good at having an entrenched position and sticking to it :-D Maybe things will change if the football gets better or we're higher up the table and I'll come again but for the moment I'll just keep checking if fans can pay on the turnstiles at away games. Some League 2 teams still do it, Conference games (Darlo, Telford, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Forest Green) were fantastic for it - perhaps they need(ed) the money more than the Stags do.
Tof
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Bros » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:11 pm

There are not many div2 grounds now where you can pay at the turnstile, you have to go to a separate kiosk to get a ticket which is usually scanned or ripped by someone at the turnstile. As for being able to turn up 10 mins before ko, pay in cash at the turnstile and then sit in a seat saved for you by your mates just let us know and we'll have JR and SE escort you to your seat. If you're going to be late let us know and we'll delay the ko
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby The One » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Tof genuine question. Do you expect a turnstile for cash and seat of choice on the off chance you may come over from Germany? It will not happen at the Wonk or anywhere else.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8888
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Tof » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:35 pm

The One wrote:Do you expect a turnstile for cash and seat of choice on the off chance you may come over from Germany? It will not happen at the Wonk or anywhere else.


I expect nothing and am therefore never disappointed.

What you described above though is exactly how it used to work (for anyone). But fair enough, times have changed and JR sets the rules, I've no problem with that and am very thankful for his investment in and work for the club.

By the same token though, he should know that some changes he's made (in my instance) and some of the decisions he's made (e.g. kids prices - see Doom Merchant's posts) are losing the Stags some customers as well, in the case of kids probably long-term.
Tof
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Tof » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Bros wrote:just let us know and we'll have JR and SE escort you to your seat.


Perhaps they should, I could be the next big investor.

Or perhaps not :-D
Tof
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests