{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

8000 for Cheaterfield game?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: 8000 for Cheaterfield game?

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Andy Perrin wrote:If I was Radders I’d make this game all ticket and not have the 10% capacity reduction which applies to selling tickets on the day of the game. It would test the SAG committee to see if they would actually allow a full house, I think Chesterfield would sell their allocation even if it meant seeing their team get embarrassed, but it would be magic to beat them infront of a very noisy packed out Field Mill. Time passes very quickly so get them on sale now and bang the drum about a full house on radio etc it’s pay back time for them over there so let’s rub it in big time.
COYS

No way on this earth will the coppers let tickets be sold for the end block in the lower west as they know all the 'boys' will go in there so they're closer to the Spireites, which will then mean they'll have to earn their money when it kicks off.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:22 pm

adamstag wrote:The crowd looked about right.

200 off from the north stand. a good 500 or so in the QLE - busy in the middle but sparse around the ends.

Obviously there was the block in the IG as a "neutral zone"

You're also going on the suggestion that them across the road will bring 1600 - with 5 points from 11 games.... :lol:

We will sell out without doubt.
chambta
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:40 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:I’ll be coming up for the game, but didn’t for the Clownty match.

Whoopeee!

The point being that there’s at least one more coming to the game that didn’t, you pear.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:57 am

chambta wrote:

200 off from the north stand. a good 500 or so in the QLE - busy in the middle but sparse around the ends.

You're also going on the suggestion that them across the road will bring 1600 - with 5 points from 11 games.... :lol:

A bold statement after you've just won in the Checkatrade Boycott Trophy :lol:
There's plenty of games for you to lose consecutively between now and November 25th in the league!
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:22 am

chambta wrote:

It will all depend on your results, starting at the Imps on Saturday.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:57 am

stagmanrob wrote:
chambta wrote:

A bold statement after you've just won in the Checkatrade Boycott Trophy :lol:
There's plenty of games for you to lose consecutively between now and November 25th in the league!

To be fair to them, they will sell out, it just will happen - we'd sell out theirs if we were bottom too.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:02 am

It's interesting what crap on the field and crap in the boardroom does to a club's support.

In 07/08 (relegation year) at home we had just 2730 home supporters (4548) . We only took 1400 to Saltergate.

02/03 We took 2300 to Saltergate and had a 7k+ crowd at t'Mill.
If the sheep are up to their necks in the pooh come Nov and we've 'gelled' and hit top form they'll not sellout.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:55 am

Dan wrote:
Andy Perrin wrote:If I was Radders I’d make this game all ticket and not have the 10% capacity reduction which applies to selling tickets on the day of the game. It would test the SAG committee to see if they would actually allow a full house, I think Chesterfield would sell their allocation even if it meant seeing their team get embarrassed, but it would be magic to beat them infront of a very noisy packed out Field Mill. Time passes very quickly so get them on sale now and bang the drum about a full house on radio etc it’s pay back time for them over there so let’s rub it in big time.
COYS

No way on this earth will the coppers let tickets be sold for the end block in the lower west as they know all the 'boys' will go in there so they're closer to the Spireites, which will then mean they'll have to earn their money when it kicks off.

Fair point Dan I think you're right , shame the club has to miss out on more revenue again
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:57 am

wink68 wrote:When i bought my ticket in P block as was told it was the last one left in that block. There was at least 20 empty seats around me not taken. Presumably not sold as part of the 10%.

I was told my ticket was the last in P block too.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum