{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Radio Notts phone in

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Radio Notts phone in

Postby S7AGS » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Just caught last 15 mins of Radio Notts phone in....

Geez talk about biased, talking about how we won in our cup final but won't finish above them, we're just a long ball side not up to the quality they produce and nowhere near as good as Exeter they just beat hmmmm

Notts were as direct as I've seen in a long time, might have been an off day but I thought they were very limited...which I expected them to be at the start of the season. They have clearly gone on a good run but other than beating Exeter (who by all accounts had a mare on the night) and lincoln who were apparently on top before a key soft sending off, they have beaten the weaker sides...the only other decent side they've played is cov and they got battered.

I'd quite happily lump on if I were a betting man that we finish above them, average squad at best imo.
S7AGS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Gobsmacked !!

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Has it ever been known.
I listened to Match Talk on the Beeb tonight and I don't think one Clownty fan bothered to phone in.
Normally they've been crowing about 'we are this good' or 'we are that good' in previous few weeks. Seems as someone's stuffed some Amber n Blue socks in their gobs :lol: :rofl: :hysteria:

Plenty of Stags fans on though :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: Radio Notts phone in

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:12 pm

S7AGS wrote:Just caught last 15 mins of Radio Notts phone in....

Geez talk about biased, talking about how we won in our cup final but won't finish above them, we're just a long ball side not up to the quality they produce and nowhere near as good as Exeter they just beat hmmmm

Notts were as direct as I've seen in a long time, might have been an off day but I thought they were very limited...which I expected them to be at the start of the season. They have clearly gone on a good run but other than beating Exeter (who by all accounts had a mare on the night) and lincoln who were apparently on top before a key soft sending off, they have beaten the weaker sides...the only other decent side they've played is cov and they got battered.

I'd quite happily lump on if I were a betting man that we finish above them, average squad at best imo.

Wycombe?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:16 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:20 pm

Bit harsh... they're top because they've got more points, simple as that. You could go through all our games and say we were lucky or unlucky etc.

They have some decent players and what seems to be a bright manager who has been getting results. They were very direct but have the front line to do that. We've also been guilty of doing that but struggled as our front line isn't up to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they finished top seven. Long ball works if you can defend well and have some target men.

If we go up i wouldn't mind if they did as well. Guaranteed some points :)

I don't really care how they do. But really want Chesterfield to go down. I'd even take 2 defeats to them this year if it still meant relegation. They need to suffer like we did and have all there gloating for the last decade served back with some mint sauce.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:23 pm

They said that last season, oh and the season before that. They can't handle being behind little old Mansfield for yet another season.

If it was anyone's cup final it was theirs and they bottled it.....again. :lol:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Teapot » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Not listened to Radio Florest since Uncle Colin was on phone in. They then employed two of the smuggist fans I have ever heard on radio to cover Florest and Counteh. Switched it off years ago, never to return.
Teapot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Colin was on tonight. He rightly so gave Krys a glowing report. I bet he secretly wishes Krys was still dressed in black and white.
He'll take some prizing out of that CB spot now.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Of The teams I have seen so far Wycombe luton and Notts County will be in the play offs
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:13 pm

daddycool wrote:Of The teams I have seen so far Wycombe luton and Notts County will be in the play offs

So we'll be in the automatic spots then? :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:

They said that last season, oh and the season before that. They can't handle being behind little old Mansfield for yet another season.

The only thing is on EMT a stags fan interviewed before game said the match was our cup final :shock:
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:55 pm

The One wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

The only thing is on EMT a stags fan interviewed before game said the match was our cup final :shock:

Just watched it myself, It was a Notts County fan wearing yellow to blend in with the home fans :lol:

Argh well it might have been his cup final, he might turn up the for spireites game too and say the same thing. :roll:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:01 pm

daddycool wrote:Of The teams I have seen so far Wycombe luton and Notts County will be in the play offs

Wycombe and Luton for sure but Notts, I think might just miss out.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:16 am

Hope they go down with the Spirites and stay down for another 5 years.
Might rid them of there Barcelona complex and teach them a bit of humility.
Pity we didn't take all our chances and beat them by the 6 goals we should have!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby old ram stag » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:39 am

not one of them gives us any credit on their forum for playing well, its all down to their incompetence yet again for another defeat.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:34 am

The One wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

Maybe he was being sarcastic ?! :D
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum