{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hemmings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Hemmings

Postby lancer » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:29 pm

I thought he had his best game yesterday for the Stags and the crowd got behind him when he started to chase the ball down. Also a good reception when subbed.
Should have scored but did you see his reaction when Rose tapped in the second? He looked really peeved off.
I hope yesterday will give him the confidence to push on and hopefully get some goals.
COYS
lancer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Hemmings

Postby joey bananas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:00 pm

He was literally gutted that he didn't get the goal. His reaction was like "what the hell do I need to do". Felt for him a bit as all strikers need a goal off their backsides sometimes.
Glad he got a good reception off the fans when taken off
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:05 pm

He certainly put a shift in which he perhaps has been guilty of shirking in previous games.

Getting closer but if we hadn't won he would be getting stick again for the chances he missed.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:07 pm

His confidence is obviously low. He had time to control and finish in the first half but snatched at it a bit.

He the missed two open nets from 2 yards (both were flagged offside but they wouldn't help his confidence)

I thought he could have got to the Rose cross in the second half too.

No doubt he has something about him, but he needs a goal soon. I'd be playing Angol in front of him for now and then hoping he can find some goalscoring form from the bench.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:13 pm

As it has been said on a few occasions he hasn't necessarily been given the supply to score, yesterday we did pass the ball more when compared to recent weeks and subsequently the supply came. He had at least 3 good opportunities to score, but its plain for all to see his confidence is shot at the moment.

I did feel for him, and he just need a bit a luck to get things going. I still think he brings a lot to the team and helps stretch the defence which gives Rose space to work his magic.

Chin up Hemmings the goal / goals will start to come.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:22 pm

He creates loads of space for Rose or Angol. There is a very good player in there and yesterday we saw the potential. He just needs to bag a goal and his confidence will soar. I thought he had a very good game yesterday and can understand him snatching at chances. Fans will always love someone who chases every ball down like Rose, and we saw that too. I think this is something Angol doesn't do as he isn't that type of player. We have some decent quality to bring on too now so the future looks bright, COYS
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:54 pm

I think I counted 4 good chances in the first half alone when you think if all his chances had gone in County would have been on the wrong side of a cricket score.

Hemmings gets better each time I see in play both Rose n Hemmings will rip this league apart great day had by all putting the Pies back were they belong.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:07 pm

I'm clearly not seeing what everyone else is, where is this quality that everyone sees in Hemmings waiting to come out? He snatches at chances and doesn't work as hard as everybody is saying. He has the odd decent touch but that's all, i understand his confidence is low and I really want him to prove me wrong but as it stands I'd prefer to see any of our other strikers on the pitch instead.

I did really feel sorry for him for our second goal yesterday, look at the highlights... He looks absolutely devastated that he didn't get the goal.

Make me eat humble pie Kane!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:23 pm

I felt sorry for the lad , he gave it his all & deserved a goal .
Best game in a Stags shirt
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:35 pm

was unlucky yesterday best game by far in a stags shirt
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:00 pm

If he changes his game round to Hemmings Kane I’m sure the goals will come .
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Still don’t know what he brings to the table. Though he had a decent second half. Hope he starts scoring soon , but can’t realky see it happening .
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:44 pm

The lad badly needs a goal.
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Agreed, he links the play well and needs a goal to get going. Whilst he’s giving his all he’ll get my support, Rose is the form striker at the moment but I expect one of the others to find theirs at some point.
Jimstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ftybr68 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Goals will come and when they do, they will come in buckets. Ran his socks off Saturday. Perhaps trying too hard?
ftybr68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:46 pm

Hemmings needs to step up for me.

He's a stocky bloke who should be a handful with the opposition defenders ?

Imo he is not.

Not a great header of the ball....first touch not good...doesn't get stuck in....doesn't chase...is he not match fit?

Agree that he needs a goal or two but not sure he will get them soon (stand to be corrected) but do wish him to do so

And do Hemmings and Rose have an understanding because of what I have seen there doesn't appear to be any if we are going to be a genuine cutting threat to the opposition?

An observation and opinion so far from me........
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:52 pm

Personally, I like the way the guy plays, I don't support the shirker tag and honestly believe he has more about him than even Rose.

He will come good but is lackng luck, it could have been all so different had his penalty not been saved.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:34 pm

I thought he was a handful on Saturday and he chased down - prior to Saturday I may have agreed with previous posts.

I think the reception he got when coming off indicates most appreciated his efforts. Just needs a goal
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:12 am

He's just a bit low on quality just now.

The 2 headers (one in each half) and that sitter he missed at the north stand at 0-0 were shocking, you'd be expecting a forward of any quality to put them away.

Hopefully the lad will come good, he put plenty of effort in on Saturday and his fitness has improved.

If the question were raised today on whether to keep him permanently, it'd still be a "thanks for the effort, but no ta"
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:48 pm

I don't get this 'fitness' thing. He is a professional footballer who has had a pre-season with Oxford Utd in a higher league and has not had a recent injury - so he should be fit enough. It is his style of play rather than his fitness. You could say the same about Angol and if you want a more independent comparison: Iyesden Christie, Chris Waddle etc.
Yes Danny Rose shows some people up when it comes to effort and determination, but it goes beyond that.
In my opinion Angol, Hemmings and Spencer aren't quite the strikers that we were hoping for. If it wasn't for Danny Rose playing unbelievably well at the moment, then the groundswell of opinion about our strikers would be a lot less tolerant than it is at the moment.
In short, I think that Hemmings and Angol need to improve.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby farndalestag65 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:35 am

If we had goal line technology you'd find hemmings scored the second on Saturday. His header definitely over the line from where I was sat.
farndalestag65
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby old ram stag » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:44 am

where were you sat fds cos i was in A block and it didnt seem over the line? and the goal vid looks like it didnt also, although i wish it had as i think he could score a hat full.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:07 pm

have to say from the middle of the QL end i was smack in line, i thought it looked in from Hemmings
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:Hemmings needs to step up for me.

He's a stocky bloke who should be a handful with the opposition defenders ?

Imo he is not.

Not a great header of the ball....first touch not good...doesn't get stuck in....doesn't chase...is he not match fit?

Agree that he needs a goal or two but not sure he will get them soon (stand to be corrected) but do wish him to do so

And do Hemmings and Rose have an understanding because of what I have seen there doesn't appear to be any if we are going to be a genuine cutting threat to the opposition?

An observation and opinion so far from me........

Think that's a bit harsh mate - on Saturday he chased like a fat Korean dictator after a pie wagon
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum