{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Colchester

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Colchester

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:22 pm

So who's making the trip next week?

I think a few extra will be swayed into going after the fantastic result yesterday (myself included - 4 tickets).

Initial allocation of 292, would it be unreasonable to expect 400?
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby Chris M » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Yes, two of us booked on SSA tours. Not been to Colchester since Layer Road.
User avatar
Chris M
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Going.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1820
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:18 pm

5 of us going.

Brace yourselves, it's an awful away day.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Colchester

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:22 pm

I’m planning on it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby crw95 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:42 am

3 in my car, first time going down there.
crw95
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:26 am

Re: Colchester

Postby yellafella » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:04 am

Full coach going from the Ling.
yellafella
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:33 am

gutted i cannot make this one.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3047
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby london amber stag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:35 am

Lots of us from Bromley.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
User avatar
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: Bromley Kent

Re: Colchester

Postby grufti » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Me from Leeds
Up The Stags
User avatar
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby bux46 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Just got my ticket ..... had to as the WIFE booked us including the dog into a pet friendly hotel..... I go to the match dog gets a good long walk .... jobs a goodun
User avatar
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby JAMES9002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Its an easy ground to get too as its just off the motorway but there's like a mcdonalds on the other side of the road and nothing else.
User avatar
JAMES9002
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Don't get to many away games, but I'm at my daughters at the weekend. She lives in Chelmsford so I will be going, as Colchester is not too far away. My son and son in law ( a Spurs fan ) will be coming too.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2792
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Colchester

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:12 pm

JAMES9002 wrote:Its an easy ground to get too as its just off the motorway but there's like a mcdonalds on the other side of the road and nothing else.


It’s just off the A12.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby ironbru » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Parking anyone?
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby part time pete » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:10 pm

ironbru wrote:Parking anyone?


Fiver at the ground, but free at the park and ride at other side of by-pass about 500m walk away
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4492
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:33 pm

part time pete wrote:
ironbru wrote:Parking anyone?


Fiver at the ground, but free at the park and ride at other side of by-pass about 500m walk away


Thanks for the advice pete!
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby part time pete » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:40 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
part time pete wrote:
ironbru wrote:Parking anyone?


Fiver at the ground, but free at the park and ride at other side of by-pass about 500m walk away


Thanks for the advice pete!


EDIT - looks like that council has introduced a £3 charge for car park at park and ride for football supporters.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4492
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby Vice President » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:54 pm

london amber stag wrote:Lots of us from Bromley.


How many Stags fans are there in Bromley? - who are they?

I have heard on Martin's broadcasts that there is a Stags fan in East Grinstead? ...... It would be good to hear from you ...... send me a message!
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Vice President wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Lots of us from Bromley.


How many Stags fans are there in Bromley? - who are they?

I have heard on Martin's broadcasts that there is a Stags fan in East Grinstead? ...... It would be good to hear from you ...... send me a message!

two in fact. As far as I know they aren't Stagsnet posters.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14707
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Colchester

Postby Kernow » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:51 pm

Normal crowd on SSA Coach, if you have not been before, be prepared for a poor match day experience.
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3461
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Colchester

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Kernow wrote:Normal crowd on SSA Coach, if you have not been before, be prepared for a poor match day experience.


Both you and Foresttownstag have said that now. We haven't even kicked a ball yet.

Last season was first time we'd played them for roughly 14 years in the league and was a mid-week game (we don't turn up to mid-week away games, i'm more concerned about the Barnet game than Saturday in all honesty).

Colchester haven't had a great start despite winning at the weekend. We haven't won away at Colchester since '95 but equally we haven't won at home against the spireites since '94 shall we roll over for that one too because of the past record?

This season is about putting the record (or a few records) straight if we are serious promotion contenders. At the end of the day records including poor ones are made to be broken, so lets go down their with a bit of confidence after Saturday and show the lads our full support in the hope they can bring home some more bags of coal!

:coys:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Kernow wrote:Normal crowd on SSA Coach, if you have not been before, be prepared for a poor match day experience.


Both you and Foresttownstag have said that now. We haven't even kicked a ball yet.

Last season was first time we'd played them for roughly 14 years in the league and was a mid-week game (we don't turn up to mid-week away games, i'm more concerned about the Barnet game than Saturday in all honesty).

Colchester haven't had a great start despite winning at the weekend. We haven't won away at Colchester since '95 but equally we haven't won at home against the spireites since '94 shall we roll over for that one too because of the past record?

This season is about putting the record (or a few records) straight if we are serious promotion contenders. At the end of the day records including poor ones are made to be broken, so lets go down their with a bit of confidence after Saturday and show the lads our full support in the hope they can bring home some more bags of coal!

:coys:


It's nothing to do with the actual game, last seasons game we played very well and somehow lost 2-0, I'm looking forward to the game.

My comment about poor away day is the fact there isn't any pubs etc as the ground is in the middle of nowhere, the only place to grab a pre match drink is McDonald's or the concourse in the stand. It made me really appreciate our SP bar and shows how excellent it is. I was gobsmakxed that a purpose new build stadium hadn't come equipped with a "club bar"
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Colchester

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:46 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
Kernow wrote:Normal crowd on SSA Coach, if you have not been before, be prepared for a poor match day experience.


Both you and Foresttownstag have said that now. We haven't even kicked a ball yet.

Last season was first time we'd played them for roughly 14 years in the league and was a mid-week game (we don't turn up to mid-week away games, i'm more concerned about the Barnet game than Saturday in all honesty).

Colchester haven't had a great start despite winning at the weekend. We haven't won away at Colchester since '95 but equally we haven't won at home against the spireites since '94 shall we roll over for that one too because of the past record?

This season is about putting the record (or a few records) straight if we are serious promotion contenders. At the end of the day records including poor ones are made to be broken, so lets go down their with a bit of confidence after Saturday and show the lads our full support in the hope they can bring home some more bags of coal!

:coys:


It's nothing to do with the actual game, last seasons game we played very well and somehow lost 2-0, I'm looking forward to the game.

My comment about poor away day is the fact there isn't any pubs etc as the ground is in the middle of nowhere, the only place to grab a pre match drink is McDonald's or the concourse in the stand. It made me really appreciate our SP bar and shows how excellent it is. I was gobsmakxed that a purpose new build stadium hadn't come equipped with a "club bar"


Haha fair enough, apologies thought we were being written off before we even get there! ;)
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Colchester

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
Kernow wrote:Normal crowd on SSA Coach, if you have not been before, be prepared for a poor match day experience.


Both you and Foresttownstag have said that now. We haven't even kicked a ball yet.

Last season was first time we'd played them for roughly 14 years in the league and was a mid-week game (we don't turn up to mid-week away games, i'm more concerned about the Barnet game than Saturday in all honesty).

Colchester haven't had a great start despite winning at the weekend. We haven't won away at Colchester since '95 but equally we haven't won at home against the spireites since '94 shall we roll over for that one too because of the past record?

This season is about putting the record (or a few records) straight if we are serious promotion contenders. At the end of the day records including poor ones are made to be broken, so lets go down their with a bit of confidence after Saturday and show the lads our full support in the hope they can bring home some more bags of coal!

:coys:


It's nothing to do with the actual game, last seasons game we played very well and somehow lost 2-0, I'm looking forward to the game.

My comment about poor away day is the fact there isn't any pubs etc as the ground is in the middle of nowhere, the only place to grab a pre match drink is McDonald's or the concourse in the stand. It made me really appreciate our SP bar and shows how excellent it is. I was gobsmakxed that a purpose new build stadium hadn't come equipped with a "club bar"


Haha fair enough, apologies thought we were being written off before we even get there! ;)



Hoping for better with it being a Saturday, Iv read they sometimes have live bands on outside the stadium pre match, they open up the home end concourse which away fans are invited to drink in, has a very strange feel to it.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Foxy, Kenwood, La Manga Stag, OneManWentToMow, Richard Cranium, robeyre, stagschick and 24 guests