{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Colchester

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Colchester

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:22 pm

So who's making the trip next week?

I think a few extra will be swayed into going after the fantastic result yesterday (myself included - 4 tickets).

Initial allocation of 292, would it be unreasonable to expect 400?
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Colchester

Postby Chris M » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Yes, two of us booked on SSA tours. Not been to Colchester since Layer Road.
Chris M
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Going.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:18 pm

5 of us going.

Brace yourselves, it's an awful away day.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:22 pm

I’m planning on it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby crw95 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:42 am

3 in my car, first time going down there.
crw95
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yellafella » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:04 am

Full coach going from the Ling.
yellafella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:33 am

gutted i cannot make this one.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:35 am

Lots of us from Bromley.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby grufti » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Me from Leeds
Up The Stags
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bux46 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Just got my ticket ..... had to as the WIFE booked us including the dog into a pet friendly hotel..... I go to the match dog gets a good long walk .... jobs a goodun
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby JAMES9002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Its an easy ground to get too as its just off the motorway but there's like a mcdonalds on the other side of the road and nothing else.
JAMES9002
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Don't get to many away games, but I'm at my daughters at the weekend. She lives in Chelmsford so I will be going, as Colchester is not too far away. My son and son in law ( a Spurs fan ) will be coming too.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:12 pm

JAMES9002 wrote:Its an easy ground to get too as its just off the motorway but there's like a mcdonalds on the other side of the road and nothing else.

It’s just off the A12.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ironbru » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Parking anyone?
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:10 pm

ironbru wrote:Parking anyone?

Fiver at the ground, but free at the park and ride at other side of by-pass about 500m walk away
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:33 pm

part time pete wrote:

Fiver at the ground, but free at the park and ride at other side of by-pass about 500m walk away

Thanks for the advice pete!
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:40 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
part time pete wrote:

Thanks for the advice pete!

EDIT - looks like that council has introduced a £3 charge for car park at park and ride for football supporters.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:54 pm

london amber stag wrote:Lots of us from Bromley.

How many Stags fans are there in Bromley? - who are they?

I have heard on Martin's broadcasts that there is a Stags fan in East Grinstead? ...... It would be good to hear from you ...... send me a message!
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Vice President wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Lots of us from Bromley.

How many Stags fans are there in Bromley? - who are they?

I have heard on Martin's broadcasts that there is a Stags fan in East Grinstead? ...... It would be good to hear from you ...... send me a message!

two in fact. As far as I know they aren't Stagsnet posters.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Kernow » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:51 pm

Normal crowd on SSA Coach, if you have not been before, be prepared for a poor match day experience.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Kernow wrote:Normal crowd on SSA Coach, if you have not been before, be prepared for a poor match day experience.

Both you and Foresttownstag have said that now. We haven't even kicked a ball yet.

Last season was first time we'd played them for roughly 14 years in the league and was a mid-week game (we don't turn up to mid-week away games, i'm more concerned about the Barnet game than Saturday in all honesty).

Colchester haven't had a great start despite winning at the weekend. We haven't won away at Colchester since '95 but equally we haven't won at home against the spireites since '94 shall we roll over for that one too because of the past record?

This season is about putting the record (or a few records) straight if we are serious promotion contenders. At the end of the day records including poor ones are made to be broken, so lets go down their with a bit of confidence after Saturday and show the lads our full support in the hope they can bring home some more bags of coal!

:coys:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Kernow wrote:Normal crowd on SSA Coach, if you have not been before, be prepared for a poor match day experience.

Both you and Foresttownstag have said that now. We haven't even kicked a ball yet.

Last season was first time we'd played them for roughly 14 years in the league and was a mid-week game (we don't turn up to mid-week away games, i'm more concerned about the Barnet game than Saturday in all honesty).

Colchester haven't had a great start despite winning at the weekend. We haven't won away at Colchester since '95 but equally we haven't won at home against the spireites since '94 shall we roll over for that one too because of the past record?

This season is about putting the record (or a few records) straight if we are serious promotion contenders. At the end of the day records including poor ones are made to be broken, so lets go down their with a bit of confidence after Saturday and show the lads our full support in the hope they can bring home some more bags of coal!

It's nothing to do with the actual game, last seasons game we played very well and somehow lost 2-0, I'm looking forward to the game.

My comment about poor away day is the fact there isn't any pubs etc as the ground is in the middle of nowhere, the only place to grab a pre match drink is McDonald's or the concourse in the stand. It made me really appreciate our SP bar and shows how excellent it is. I was gobsmakxed that a purpose new build stadium hadn't come equipped with a "club bar"
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:46 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

It's nothing to do with the actual game, last seasons game we played very well and somehow lost 2-0, I'm looking forward to the game.

My comment about poor away day is the fact there isn't any pubs etc as the ground is in the middle of nowhere, the only place to grab a pre match drink is McDonald's or the concourse in the stand. It made me really appreciate our SP bar and shows how excellent it is. I was gobsmakxed that a purpose new build stadium hadn't come equipped with a "club bar"

Haha fair enough, apologies thought we were being written off before we even get there! ;)
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

Haha fair enough, apologies thought we were being written off before we even get there! ;)

Hoping for better with it being a Saturday, Iv read they sometimes have live bands on outside the stadium pre match, they open up the home end concourse which away fans are invited to drink in, has a very strange feel to it.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum