{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

8000 for Cheaterfield game?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

8000 for Cheaterfield game?

Postby 1970Stag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Just read Martin's info on the crowd from Saturday's game.
"The attendance of 7072 at Mansfield against Notts County was the biggest for a game since the Liverpool FA Cup game in January 2013 of 7574. It was the biggest for a league game since the Gateshead “pay what you want” game in the Conference in February 2010 of 7261. It was the biggest for a Football League game since the game with Notts County in October 2004 of 7682."
We can top this for the Cheaterfield game surely? And I know it's been said before, but where were the 2000 empty seats? ;) Even the North Stand looked fairly full apart from the corners.
Oh and the atmos' in the Upper West was banging, well done to everyone involved, obviously the action and goals helped, but it was great!
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 8000 for Cheaterfield game?

Postby robeyre » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:51 pm

I also wondered about missing seats too.
I was on QLE and there weren't that many spare seats that I could see. Bearing in mind that north stand sold all their allocation and I agree there weren't many in IG stand apart from lower by North stand which definitely wont be available against Chesterfield I cant see how this figure can be improved dispite much higher ground capacities being declared.
I also not dispite various requested on other streams no one has officially told us what the capacity is.
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:01 pm

I think it totally depends on how we are doing. Some good peformances as well as firmly setup further up the league would entice a massive crowd..

Poor performances will put people off - sorry to say
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:02 pm

I'd say in light of the doubts over the total published capacity of the stadium, the SAG attempts to reduce whatever pie in the sky figure it is anyway, the sections having to be cordoned off as barriers, the fannying around in selling actual seats to actual people - I'd be astounded if the most people we could get in the stadium at any one time would be more than around 7,800 in the first place.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:04 pm

The crowd looked about right.

200 off from the north stand. a good 500 or so in the QLE - busy in the middle but sparse around the ends.

Obviously there was the block in the IG as a "neutral zone"

You're also going on the suggestion that them across the road will bring 1600 - with 5 points from 11 games.... :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:09 pm

robeyre wrote:I also wondered about missing seats too.
I was on QLE and there weren't that many spare seats that I could see. Bearing in mind that north stand sold all their allocation and I agree there weren't many in IG stand apart from lower by North stand which definitely wont be available against Chesterfield I cant see how this figure can be improved dispite much higher ground capacities being declared.
I also not dispite various requested on other streams no one has officially told us what the capacity is.

I asked Paul Broughton this question last Tuesday. He said for a game which is not all-ticket (ie you can buy tickets on the day), the capacity is just about 8,000. For a game which is all-ticket, it would be higher by approx 10%.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Andy Perrin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:16 pm

If I was Radders I’d make this game all ticket and not have the 10% capacity reduction which applies to selling tickets on the day of the game. It would test the SAG committee to see if they would actually allow a full house, I think Chesterfield would sell their allocation even if it meant seeing their team get embarrassed, but it would be magic to beat them infront of a very noisy packed out Field Mill. Time passes very quickly so get them on sale now and bang the drum about a full house on radio etc it’s pay back time for them over there so let’s rub it in big time.
COYS
Andy Perrin
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:21 pm

that's what I would do as well Boza
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amberheart » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:57 pm

8 ,268 ? ( 9,186 - 10%) I think that's achievable if we promote it to the hilt along with early ticket sales
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:09 pm

Must sort themselves out then, I printed my ticket off at home and ended up with one for someone's season ticket seat.

As for the Upper tier neutral zone, why???. Looking at the coverage of Saturday the gap between stands is much bigger than you realise, absolute overkill!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:45 pm

Andy Perrin wrote:If I was Radders I’d make this game all ticket and not have the 10% capacity reduction which applies to selling tickets on the day of the game. It would test the SAG committee to see if they would actually allow a full house, I think Chesterfield would sell their allocation even if it meant seeing their team get embarrassed, but it would be magic to beat them infront of a very noisy packed out Field Mill. Time passes very quickly so get them on sale now and bang the drum about a full house on radio etc it’s pay back time for them over there so let’s rub it in big time.
COYS

I agree, we need to fill the mill. Also Cheaterfield fans keep banging on how poor our support is. So let's get a full house for this one.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:10 pm

I’ll be coming up for the game, but didn’t for the Clownty match.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:43 pm

When i bought my ticket in P block as was told it was the last one left in that block. There was at least 20 empty seats around me not taken. Presumably not sold as part of the 10%.
wink68
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I’ll be coming up for the game, but didn’t for the Clownty match.

Thanks for the warning :D
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:06 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I’ll be coming up for the game, but didn’t for the Clownty match.

Whoopeee!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:17 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
robeyre wrote:I also wondered about missing seats too.

I asked Paul Broughton this question last Tuesday. He said for a game which is not all-ticket (ie you can buy tickets on the day), the capacity is just about 8,000. For a game which is all-ticket, it would be higher by approx 10%.

Thanks for clarification Martin
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:32 pm

I think we need to be realistic about 'home' attendances.

Saturday's game attracted 1750 more 'home' fans than the Luton and FGR games and 2055 more than the 1pm ko against Grimsby.

There is no way all these extra were stags fans. I suspect at least 1000 or even more were County fans .

Can anyone see Cheaterfield bringing 2500 in total following a team at bottom of the league.

I think we will be extremely fortunate to get a 7000 gate for the Chesterfield gate.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:52 pm

That’s rubbish Pete.

People always over state how many away fans from wherever are willing to go in the home ends, it’s rarely something people want to do.

No more than 150 county fans in the home end, if it could be proven I’d bet a lot of money on that.

I wouldn’t go in the home end at Mardy lane.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby AndyStag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:53 pm

Beat me to it Conker. No way 1k county in home ends Pete.
AndyStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:55 pm

part time pete wrote:I think we need to be realistic about 'home' attendances.

Saturday's game attracted 1750 more 'home' fans than the Luton and FGR games and 2055 more than the 1pm ko against Grimsby.

There is no way all these extra were stags fans. I suspect at least 1000 or even more were County fans .

Can anyone see Cheaterfield bringing 2500 in total following a team at bottom of the league.

I think we will be extremely fortunate to get a 7000 gate for the Chesterfield gate.

That's absolute rubbish Pete.

Next you will be claiming the extra fans who turned up for Pompey game last season were all Portsmouth fans in home end.

Probably max 100 county fans in home end at weekend.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:01 pm

So how many of these 1750 will be back for the Swindon game.

If they were all Stags fans surely they would want to come back and watch the mighty Stags.

We will see what the attendance will be. We will be lucky to get 4000 home fans.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:02 pm

The only way we are going to overcome this ridiculous gate restriction is to do something with the Bishop st. stand.
Yes I know I keep banging on about it, and I am aware of Carolyn's latest communication on the matter - so there's no need to respond by saying 'but we don't sell out our other stands/we need to spend the money on players' etc.
I am simply saying that we aren't helping our capacity by having a 3 sided ground.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:04 pm

part time pete wrote:So how many of these 1750 will be back for the Swindon game.

If they were all Stags fans surely they would want to come back and watch the mighty Stags.

We will see what the attendance will be. We will be lucky to get 4000 home fans.

Not 1750 as they would have only come out the woodwork because it was a big dame i.e. Stags glory supporters.

But Pete if you want to believe there was over 1000 county fans in the home end then so be it.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:14 pm

part time pete wrote:I think we need to be realistic about 'home' attendances.

I think you are way off here Pete.

Max of about 100 County fans I'm sure.

The rest are people who turn up for the big games. They won't be here for the Swindon game, but they'll be back for the Chesterfield game if we're doing ok.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Might be a few who see Swindon as a big game (we haven't played them for 11 seasons and only 2 seasons in the last 30 years). Also having played some good football against County hopefully we can get a reasonable home support of over 4000.
halifaxstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum