{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:48 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:52 pm

detailed report now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:15 pm

player ratings now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby chip63 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:28 pm

You know we've played well when match report is on early : )
Cheers Martin an excellent read full of joy and happiness.
Was it Deffinetly not over the line from Hemmings?
:coys:
chip63
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:38 pm

chip63 wrote:You know we've played well when match report is on early : )

thanks. Actually getting the match report on early is more to do with getting a lift home and doing it on the way!

We can't say it was definitely not over the line, but unfortunately we don't have pitchside footage, which would have been definitive, as the camera is in for repair, and we don't have behind the goal footage as Chris had problems with his goal cam. So we only have one angle.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:42 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

thanks. Actually getting the match report on early is more to do with getting a lift home and doing it on the way!

We can't say it was definitely not over the line, but unfortunately we don't have pitchside footage, which would have been definitive, as the camera is in for repair, and we don't have behind the goal footage as Chris had problems with his goal cam. So we only have one angle.

Nooooooo, the one time I could watch them over and over again from every angle :lol: :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:52 pm

All this money for overnight stops and we can't afford another camera when one is broke. Ridiculous. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Ben Superstag » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:09 pm

I for one would invest if Martin and Chris etc needed investment to get the best tools to do their jobs. Gutted no other footage today.
Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:19 pm

part time pete wrote:All this money for overnight stops and we can't afford another camera when one is broke. Ridiculous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

the pitchside camera's two grand Pete.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:All this money for overnight stops and we can't afford another camera when one is broke. Ridiculous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I'll chuck in, let us know how to contribute?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

And what a waste of 2 grand... the quality is pants.

Those kinds of fixed lens camera I've seen mark with are useless. You can get a decent cinema grade canon for the same price and the quality is so much better.

Tbh Mansfields media output in terms of social media and video is amateurish even when compared to similar sized clubs. The program is excellent and the highlights are always edited well.... but the inconsistency and cheapness of the social media graphics and the new animations on the videos are so dated.

I make films for a living so I'm probably being over critical but Id swoop at the opportunity to get Mansfield's video output up to date and in line with the top clubs. Ive just turned down a similar role at Derby County, But to do something for stags I couldn't say no. :lol:
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:46 pm

ahhh, it turns that due to wifi dropouts (I guess due to too many people using wifi) my recording of the commentary is probably unusable for adding to the video of the goals. A long shot, but if anyone happened to record it on a stable wifi connection, please let me know, thanks.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Ben Superstag » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

And what a waste of 2 grand... the quality is pants.

Those kinds of fixed lens camera I've seen mark with are useless. You can get a decent cinema grade canon for the same price and the quality is so much better.

Tbh Mansfields media output in terms of social media and video is amateurish even when compared to similar sized clubs. The program is excellent and the highlights are always edited well.... but the inconsistency and cheapness of the social media graphics and the new animations on the videos are so dated.

I make films for a living so I'm probably being over critical but Id swoop at the opportunity to get Mansfield's video output up to date and in line with the top clubs. Ive just turned down a similar role at Derby County, But to do something for stags I couldn't say no. :lol:

Voluntarily? A great offer.
Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:37 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:ahhh, it turns that due to wifi dropouts (I guess due to too many people using wifi) my recording of the commentary is probably unusable for adding to the video of the goals. A long shot, but if anyone happened to record it on a stable wifi connection, please let me know, thanks.

Sounds like you need some QoS.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:46 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

Weren't bbc East Midlands in the corner near the tunnel with a camara. The ginger lass with the big nose was there. Perfect angle for the 2nd goal.
wink68
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:05 am

wink68 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Weren't bbc East Midlands in the corner near the tunnel with a camara. The ginger lass with the big nose was there. Perfect angle for the 2nd goal.

thanks. I'm not sure if they were filming the game as BBC doesn't have the rights.

update - he was filming the game. Whether we can get the footage, I don't know.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby frt1987 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:28 am

Accrington away last season Martin for a free kick outside the box
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:34 am

frt1987 wrote:Accrington away last season Martin for a free kick outside the box

thanks frt. Yes of course, thanks. Simon actually mentioned that when we were writing the report and I thought Clements shot was from open play, but you are right.

Report updated.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stag861 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:55 am

Martin, Is that the highest mark you've given to a ref?
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:22 am

stag861 wrote:Martin, Is that the highest mark you've given to a ref?

I don't know, I don't have those marks in a spreadsheet. He had a very good game.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:35 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
wink68 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

thanks. I'm not sure if they were filming the game as BBC doesn't have the rights.

I can see from the main camera footage that the BBC cameraman was not near his camera when the second goal went in (you'll see that in the video at midday). Only Natalie Jackson is by the camera and it does not appear that she is operating it. So any footage of the second goal from that angle is extremely unlikely
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:19 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

I don't know, I don't have those marks in a spreadsheet. He had a very good game.

I think the last 2 games Drysale has reffed for us he's had a good game.

I was impressed yesterday that he kept his cards in his pocket for the most part. There were a few tackles that on another day may have seen cards waved, which could have had an adverse effect on the game later on.
Also he didn't fall for it late on when a County player tried to buy a pen, I've seen plenty of those given.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:47 am

report tweaked after going through the game again to make highlights
http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewr ... atchid=884
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
wink68 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I can see from the main camera footage that the BBC cameraman was not near his camera when the second goal went in (you'll see that in the video at midday). Only Natalie Jackson is by the camera and it does not appear that she is operating it. So any footage of the second goal from that angle is extremely unlikely

You can bet your bottom dollar if Clownty were 1-0 up the cameraman would've been glued to the tripod to make sure they got a good 15min stint for the East Midlands Today prog. Cos we won then we'll be lucky if they give us 30 seconds.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:11 pm

Sneag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I think the last 2 games Drysale has reffed for us he's had a good game.

I was impressed yesterday that he kept his cards in his pocket for the most part. There were a few tackles that on another day may have seen cards waved, which could have had an adverse effect on the game later on.
Also he didn't fall for it late on when a County player tried to buy a pen, I've seen plenty of those given.

The ref only booked Hemmings for a tackle immediately after we scored a goal because Hemmings took the piss in being very slow getting back into his own half for the kick off.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum