{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ticket allocations for Saturday

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Dan wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)


Does the ground hold 8k now?


Surprised that someone hasn't replied to say how can we sell another 1500 when only 600ish available online :lol:

#opentheblocks!

Or

#someblocksarecurrentlyclosedduetofaregulationsbutalladditionalblocksintheweststandwillbeopensaturdayforpurchase.spreadtheword.COYS!
Last edited by Stags 2002 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Dan wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)


Does the ground hold 8k now?


Around 9k
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:01 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Dan wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)


Does the ground hold 8k now?


Around 9k

I asked Paul Broughton this question on Tuesday. If I remember rightly, he said for a game which is not all-ticket (ie you can buy tickets on the day), the capacity is just about 8,000. For a game which is all-ticket, it would be higher by approx 10%.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14750
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby bigalstag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:02 pm

How can you get to 8k. if it appears that the ground is sold out after the 600 tickets that are left in the Quarry Lane are sold.
Think there is a communication breakdown here between the owner and what is happening at the stadium.
Perhaps you have to use thought transfer to know there will be tickets left for sale on Saturday???
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:06 pm

bigalstag wrote:How can you get to 8k. if it appears that the ground is sold out after the 600 tickets that are left in the Quarry Lane are sold.
Think there is a communication breakdown here between the owner and what is happening at the stadium.
Perhaps you have to use thought transfer to know there will be tickets left for sale on Saturday???

see Blidworth Stag's post earlier in the thread.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14750
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:26 pm



Well done Martin for correcting John about tickets still being available however well done John for raising the point about confusion.

However hope JR takes note.

We all want a big crowd and a sold out west stand! (All blocks ;) )

:coys:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby adamstag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:58 pm

What bemuses me is that again there's over 6000 and again there is complete and utter chaos and confusion. How the bloody hell is it so hard to flog tickets for a local derby.

Was there this confusion away at Lincoln! No! When Lincoln played at county? No, when Chesterfield entertained Grimsby? No. Grimsby and Lincoln are playing in a much more fierce rivalry than us and county, is there talk on their boards about allocations and all this crap? Oh yeah, no.

It's a flipping pisstake again. No wonder were a laughing stock again, as the same old crap keeps happening time in, time out.

******* sort it
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:07 pm

:good_post:

621 tickets left for sale online, lets see how many remain close of play tomorrow.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:10 pm

I get the whole 10% reduction thing but what i wint get is entire blocks being held back ?

Im pretty sure all over clubs just sell 90% of every block which would be just as easier to maintain.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby part time pete » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:30 pm

Blidworth Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
Sneag wrote:The club are holding blocks back for sale until Saturday which is pretty raspberry IMO.


Not even guaranteed to sell them out either which is even more frustrating.


I don't understand the logic behind that. Surely it is in the clubs interests to have as many supporters pre-purchase as possible?


You can sell all the seats but have to make it all ticket with no sales on the day of the match


I don't think that statement is correct. My understanding is that you can sell 100% of the seats if you can guarantee it is all allocated seating ( i.e. Everyone sits in their allocated seat). If you can't do that then regs say you can only sell 90% of the capacity.

I can never see any Stags match selling 100% of the seats because the Mansfield public never want to sit in their allocated seat.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4496
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby adamstag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:54 pm

part time pete wrote:
Blidworth Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
Sneag wrote:The club are holding blocks back for sale until Saturday which is pretty raspberry IMO.


Not even guaranteed to sell them out either which is even more frustrating.


I don't understand the logic behind that. Surely it is in the clubs interests to have as many supporters pre-purchase as possible?


You can sell all the seats but have to make it all ticket with no sales on the day of the match


I don't think that statement is correct. My understanding is that you can sell 100% of the seats if you can guarantee it is all allocated seating ( i.e. Everyone sits in their allocated seat). If you can't do that then regs say you can only sell 90% of the capacity.

I can never see any Stags match selling 100% of the seats because the Mansfield public never want to sit in their allocated seat.


that's correct Pete, otherwise premiership grounds would never sell out. Man Utd would have a figure of about 68,000 every game (even though they probably do!) on the basis of 10%
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:44 am

Ticket availability has now increased to 750 online.

6 seats available in IGS, 744 in Quarry Lane.

Really don't know whats going on with this ticketing system :crazy:

Will see what it says availability is later.....
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:02 am

The one thing which surprises me is that this surprises people.

We love our club and the people who put so much hard work in to owning and running it, but systems, policies, set-up and pricing lets them and the public down every time.

An inadequate ticket system.
Utter confusion regarding availability.
Headscratching over capacity and the restrictions to it.
Shambolic matchday ticket buying.
Too few turnstiles for bigger gates.
And the kids prices (which I won't bang on about here).

Folks who want to attend a football match don't want the bother of obstacles and confusion. That's fine if you're Manu or Arsenal, folks will do it; they won't for Mansfield Town, they'll just shake their heads and not bother.

We should be ushering people up to and through the gates. We need the money and support. However, we attempt the opposite. ''Beep Beep, this vehicle is reversing"
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8302
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:49 am

DoomMerchant wrote:The one thing which surprises me is that this surprises people.

We love our club and the people who put so much hard work in to owning and running it, but systems, policies, set-up and pricing lets them and the public down every time.

An inadequate ticket system.
Utter confusion regarding availability.
Headscratching over capacity and the restrictions to it.
Shambolic matchday ticket buying.
Too few turnstiles for bigger gates.
And the kids prices (which I won't bang on about here).

Folks who want to attend a football match don't want the bother of obstacles and confusion. That's fine if you're Manu or Arsenal, folks will do it; they won't for Mansfield Town, they'll just shake their heads and not bother.

We should be ushering people up to and through the gates. We need the money and support. However, we attempt the opposite. ''Beep Beep, this vehicle is reversing"


Good post Doomy.

Just to confuse things, there were 68 seats available in Q Upper a moment ago. First thing this morning there were 2 !!! :?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Amberheart » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Dan wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)


Does the ground hold 8k now?

9,186
a stag is a proud & noble beast
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:19 pm

The ground capacity is whatever our "friends" from SAG suggest it is
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Morley MTFC » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Due to the likely red cards in this game, the club need to remember to reserve 2 seats in the WS - for Mr Evans and Mr Rayner.
Morley MTFC
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:05 pm

BE QUICK .they have 45 seats in Q block upper tier singing sections which were not on sale

https://www.stagstickets.co.uk/cgi-bin/ ... fc_tickets

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:16 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:BE QUICK .they have 45 seats in Q block upper tier singing sections which were not on sale

https://www.stagstickets.co.uk/cgi-bin/ ... fc_tickets

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:


Down to 37 now so someone's snapping them up ;), They should also have R block on sale as that has also been seeing a number of people in there recently.

Also QLE block B off sale, highly doubt we've filled it so may appear again later.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:43 pm

:)


:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Dan wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)


Does the ground hold 8k now?

9,186

it us under 9000. See my earlier post
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14750
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:56 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)


:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:


So we made Q block a designated singing block to make some noise but we've just released tickets for that block this morning, so all singers probably dispersed elsewhere.
Only at MTFC (shaking head emoji) :roll:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby bigalstag » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Spot on Doomy. Its a complete and utter shambles with seats that have been sold,suddenly reappearing, whole blocks of seats not being put on sale, and if they are for sale,queueing while you wait for the one card terminal to be shared around between ticket booths.
Second rate , at best and not acceptable.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:50 pm

bigalstag wrote:Spot on Doomy. Its a complete and utter shambles with seats that have been sold,suddenly reappearing, whole blocks of seats not being put on sale, and if they are for sale,queueing while you wait for the one card terminal to be shared around between ticket booths.
Second rate , at best and not acceptable.


I got in early and tried to book 3 seats together in Q block on the 18th of September only to find 9 seats available in the entire block which where split up single seats. Complete shambles
User avatar
Billy the fish
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:17 pm



Nice to know block A has sold out, is this block H as well?
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], lifestags, MutinyOnTheCounty, northern stag, Spiritater, stag861, Sweden Stag and 24 guests