{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ticket allocations for Saturday

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby lancer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:00 am

It seems that the Ian Greaves stand has now sold out.
County have been given 1100 tickets , with their current position, i guess would want to bring 3000 plus.
I can see there being a lot of County fans in the home ends Saturday .
lancer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Ticket allocations for Saturday

Postby BigGuy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:02 am

County have been given and sold 1,600 tickets.

Also, a number of blocks are not even available to buy.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:08 am

It's like last night, a shambles
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:14 am

:)
sold out 1675 bedwetters in town Saturday

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/20 ... nsfield-a/

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:18 am

The plod have called up the Army, theTerritorial Army, the Salvation Army and Dads Army, in order to control the vast Barmy Armies of Mansfield Town and Notts County, respectively. The Gabbitas Gate has been welded shut and electrified. All stewards have been armed with cattle prods and the finishing touches to the moat should be completed by Friday.
On a more positive note, the catering manager at the Wonk has ordered 2 extra sausage rolls for the kiosks in the IGU.
Roll on Saturday!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:06 am

The club are holding blocks back for sale until Saturday which is pretty raspberry IMO.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:16 am

Sneag wrote:The club are holding blocks back for sale until Saturday which is pretty raspberry IMO.

Not even guaranteed to sell them out either which is even more frustrating.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:35 am

Stags 2002 wrote:
Sneag wrote:The club are holding blocks back for sale until Saturday which is pretty raspberry IMO.

I don't understand the logic behind that. Surely it is in the clubs interests to have as many supporters pre-purchase as possible?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:57 am

Rob wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

I don't understand the logic behind that. Surely it is in the clubs interests to have as many supporters pre-purchase as possible?

It appears to be a crowd control measure.
Leaving these empty blocks for ticketless Notts County fans on the day? (we did this v Carlisle a few years ago) and hoping Stags fans purchase tickets in the other available areas first.
If we fill the Quarry Lane and other available blocks then they will be forced to open the areas near to the North Stand for Stags fans.
I don't think we will sell out though.
ST4GS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bigalstag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:24 pm

These blocks will be open come what may on Saturday, they always are.
I sit in F block and seats are always available. What I would like to know is why I can't buy this seat today at £20 even when the rest of the stand has been sold?
Mind you it does not take much working out does it!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:35 pm

bigalstag wrote:These blocks will be open come what may on Saturday, they always are.
I sit in F block and seats are always available. What I would like to know is why I can't buy this seat today at £20 even when the rest of the stand has been sold?

Due to my son and daughter deciding last night they want to come, I can only get 3 together in the Quarry Lane. I don't want to sit in there, galling when you know there's empty blocks in the West!!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:59 pm

bigalstag wrote:These blocks will be open come what may on Saturday, they always are.

I also sit in F block and although I've got a season ticket it's never available to buy a ticket for F block online. It's daft, just get all available seats online now!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Stoney wrote:

I also sit in F block and although I've got a season ticket it's never available to buy a ticket for F block online. It's daft, just get all available seats online now!

Exactly, not everyone knows the blocks open up on Saturday.

Anyone with commonsense will surely go oh its sold out missed my chance. What else shall i do this weekend?

We don't half shoot ourselves in the foot on occasions like these, because they'll be no mention on twitter either that blocks have been opened and plenty of seats still available.

Communication is all it takes...
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Conker » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:10 pm

I’m hoping to get a few for the F block, it’s a joke they can’t be purchased online, you could do it last season I believe
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Exactly, not everyone knows the blocks open up on Saturday.

Anyone with commonsense will surely go oh its sold out missed my chance. What else shall i do this weekend?

We don't half shoot ourselves in the foot on occasions like these, because they'll be no mention on twitter either that blocks have been opened and plenty of seats still available.

Communication is all it takes...

Much of what the club does is commendable. However, where ticketing is concerned they are as embarrassing as Mr Evans on a touchline.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:26 pm

Have you tried phoning up or going to ticket office for a ticket in these blocks?
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Ben Superstag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:15 pm

part time pete wrote:Have you tried phoning up or going to ticket office for a ticket in these blocks?

The point of having an online ticketing system is so you can, ya know, buy a ticket online.

If the club are holding these blocks back like reported, then that is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't take much for the Mansfield public to be put off turning up at Field Mill, one of these reasons could be not wanting to sit in the QLE, not being able to sit with friends etc.

I wonder if Nott'm Arena holds blocks back when they've got a big act at their venue? Unbelievable Jeff.
Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Call me a naive middle-aged slaphead but if you look online and a stand that you wish to sit in is telling you that it's 'sold out', then might you think: "oh well, that's unfortunate, I'll have to give it a miss?"

I love that club and greatly admire everyone who contributes towards its upkeep and maintenance, but hells bells they don't half make life difficult for themselves and the casual punter.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Ben Superstag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:24 pm

You're a naive middle-aged slaphead, but you're absolutely spot on.
Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Aw shucks, that's the kindest thing anyone's ever said to me Ben.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Call me a naive middle-aged slaphead but if you look online and a stand that you wish to sit in is telling you that it's 'sold out', then might you think: "oh well, that's unfortunate, I'll have to give it a miss?"

I love that club and greatly admire everyone who contributes towards its upkeep and maintenance, but hells bells they don't half make life difficult for themselves and the casual punter.

Well Slaphead perhaps it's time to change your signature line at the bottom again :lol:
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:12 pm

I agree! Consider it done.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:27 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I agree! Consider it done.

Catchy and succinct !
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:27 pm

part time pete wrote:Have you tried phoning up or going to ticket office for a ticket in these blocks?

Pete this just adds to queues on the Saturday afternoon for the ticket office staff when the online tickets have the option to print off yourself. Every seat available should be available, simple as that.

Let's make it easy and get arses on seats.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:34 pm

To be fair Al, I do not think this is about the extra £2. I think the club are trying to do the right thing, as they usually do, but I think have been badly advised. I blame Evans :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum