{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clownty

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clownty

Postby adamstag » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:51 pm

It makes no sense as to why the capacity can't be 1,900 and just move a save a few blocks covered in the home ends.

I'm sure Notts police will panic on saturday and cause more problems than they solve
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5174
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Clownty

Postby Vice President » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:19 pm

adamstag wrote:It makes no sense as to why the capacity can't be 1,900 and just move a save a few blocks covered in the home ends.

I'm sure Notts police will panic on saturday and cause more problems than they solve


The sooner we sort out something with the Bishop St. stand the better! - It is games like this where we are throwing away potential income. A standing terrace for extra away fans could pay for its self after X number of local derbys. Not sure what X is ... but it's worth costing.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby BigGuy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Let County have their moment, as soon as Bolton come calling for Nolan, they will fall away.

As for the ticket allocation, we should give them more, if it was the other way round we would be shouting from the rooftops about it.

Couldn't fault them if both teams are top 3 in March if they restricted us to 2,000 or so and flog the rest of the stadium to the old folks.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:34 pm

I understand Notts Constbulary have cancelled all police leave and they have appealed to the Met to borrow a couple of their water cannons.

The Fire Brigade is on standby to deal with all unauthorised pyrotechnics.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Clownty

Postby Amberheart » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:53 pm

County fans have all been invited to Brunels bar on the station
a stag is a proud & noble beast
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:36 pm

Vice President wrote:
adamstag wrote:It makes no sense as to why the capacity can't be 1,900 and just move a save a few blocks covered in the home ends.

I'm sure Notts police will panic on saturday and cause more problems than they solve


The sooner we sort out something with the Bishop St. stand the better! - It is games like this where we are throwing away potential income. A standing terrace for extra away fans could pay for its self after X number of local derbys. Not sure what X is ... but it's worth costing.

Don't worry they will have costed it and come to the conclusion that unless gates improve generally, its not viable.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2951
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Clownty

Postby Vice President » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:27 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Vice President wrote:
adamstag wrote:It makes no sense as to why the capacity can't be 1,900 and just move a save a few blocks covered in the home ends.

I'm sure Notts police will panic on saturday and cause more problems than they solve


The sooner we sort out something with the Bishop St. stand the better! - It is games like this where we are throwing away potential income. A standing terrace for extra away fans could pay for its self after X number of local derbys. Not sure what X is ... but it's worth costing.

Don't worry they will have costed it and come to the conclusion that unless gates improve generally, its not viable.


Yes - but my point is ... gates might improve if they did something about catering for more away supporters. Waiting until the total gates (with all the present restrictions) reach full capacity is a false assumption. And if left as it is now, probably won't ever happen. Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:36 pm

Can we have some clarity on what our stadium capacity is now?

Why has it been reduced and remains reduced, after everything the club has done to make its capacity?

And why are we the only Nottinghamshire club that gets dicked about, despite all three clubs having instances of bother over the years? Do questions ever get asked about this, and ultimately how much neck do Notts SAG have?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8373
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Clownty

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:47 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Can we have some clarity on what our stadium capacity is now?

Why has it been reduced and remains reduced, after everything the club has done to make its capacity?

And why are we the only Nottinghamshire club that gets dicked about, despite all three clubs having instances of bother over the years? Do questions ever get asked about this, and ultimately how much neck do Notts SAG have?


If SAG had their way, our capacity would be reduced to 5,000
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Clownty

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:52 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Can we have some clarity on what our stadium capacity is now?

Why has it been reduced and remains reduced, after everything the club has done to make its capacity?

And why are we the only Nottinghamshire club that gets dicked about, despite all three clubs having instances of bother over the years? Do questions ever get asked about this, and ultimately how much neck do Notts SAG have?


JR must be a very patient diplomatic sort of chap, as SAG seem to have it in for us on a grand scale.

I remember not so long ago him jumping through hoops to get the capacity back up. What's gone wrong, was it just that one mardy councillor from Notts. If so it would be karma if he couldn't get a ticket Saturday due to the reduced capacity!!!

The West Stand suddenly looks about sold out Saturday but some blocks don't even seem to have gone on sale?

Perhaps Mr Hymas could update us as diplomacy is not his strong point, no offence Steve. Please tell us how it is.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby bigalstag » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Woody, I went to buy a seat in the F block on Saturday as this is where I normally sit. I was told I would have to wait until rest of stand was sold out. This despite there being several season ticket holders in this block. Whether these will be put on sale tomorrow, or deliberately held back until Saturday for the increased price, is anybody's guess.If it is the latter, it sort of blows a hole in the argument, put forward by the club, about needing to know steward numbers, catering, etc.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:54 pm

Some interesting comments on this thread from the county board (including the usual insults later on). Confirmation they have finally managed to sell their allocation.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.p ... st38663223

Given the comments on other threads about how much we are losing from games like these without redeveloping bishop street I found the following post of interest.

"I posted on another thread that for some reason I didn't fancy it this season & it seems that I am not alone. Could it be that we are limited to 1600ish tickets that puts people off ? imps had 4,500 there on Saturday(the sort of numbers that we have took to "big" games in the recent past) & win or lose you are almost guaranteed a good day out with that sort of following, Stags fans will no doubt have the same "big day out" feeling later in the season but although 1,600 is a good following at this level it hasn't got the same feeling, strangely if we were given 5,000 tickets (I'm sure we have been in the past) we might well have sold out."

I don't know if there's any substance to the argument but thought it was an interesting point none the less.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Maybe if their morons didn't go around smashing up toilets and pushing folk over then they might have got a few more tickets.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:13 pm

That is true also :roll:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Plus isn't it a rule that you have to section off the first 2 rows of seats or something?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby oldweststander » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:41 am

Trouble wit SAG is that they alwas, by law, have te final say.

If we win Saturday, God help the North Stand.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby Beano » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:11 am

I've said it many times before, but until the clubs Safety Officer grows some balls and takes the SAG to task over clear breaches of the Regulators Code, then they will continue to dick us over.
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:16 pm

oldweststander wrote:Trouble wit SAG is that they alwas, by law, have te final say.

If we win Saturday, God help the North Stand.


The match will be abandoned OWS - no way can that pitch drain-off 1000 litres of urine from the bags hurled onto the pitch. I'd love to see their fans trying to pick out their set of false teeth from among the piles spat out on the floor in disgust - it'd be like denture Cinderella! ;)

Personally i reckon it'll be a tough game, probably ending in a draw
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby Amberheart » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:36 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Can we have some clarity on what our stadium capacity is now?

Why has it been reduced and remains reduced, after everything the club has done to make its capacity?

And why are we the only Nottinghamshire club that gets dicked about, despite all three clubs having instances of bother over the years? Do questions ever get asked about this, and ultimately how much neck do Notts SAG have?

9,186 official capacity
a stag is a proud & noble beast
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:45 pm

What a horrible bunch of twohats. Hope the crumble again!!!
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby bigalstag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:07 pm

So the remaining blocks of tickets of tickets in the IGS are not going to be put on sale until Saturday. with the attendant increase in cost. Pretty cynical, especially when you are somebody that regularly sits in one of those blocks!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:11 pm

bigalstag wrote:So the remaining blocks of tickets of tickets in the IGS are not going to be put on sale until Saturday. with the attendant increase in cost. Pretty cynical, especially when you are somebody that regularly sits in one of those blocks!


If that is the case it's downright scandalous!!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:50 pm

bigalstag wrote:So the remaining blocks of tickets of tickets in the IGS are not going to be put on sale until Saturday. with the attendant increase in cost. Pretty cynical, especially when you are somebody that regularly sits in one of those blocks!


Absolutely pal.

I think three-sided ground; sometimes think it'd be viewed as preferential for a one-tier one stand.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8373
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Clownty

Postby Amberheart » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:28 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Trouble wit SAG is that they alwas, by law, have te final say.

If we win Saturday, God help the North Stand.


The match will be abandoned OWS - no way can that pitch drain-off 1000 litres of urine from the bags hurled onto the pitch. I'd love to see their fans trying to pick out their set of false teeth from among the piles spat out on the floor in disgust - it'd be like denture Cinderella! ;)

Personally i reckon it'll be a tough game, probably ending in a draw

A loss will see the bedwetters spitting their werthers originals out ! & the smell of Vicks will be too overpowering !
a stag is a proud & noble beast
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Clownty

Postby adamstag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Where has the statement come from about additional blocks and additional cost?

How is this allowed to happen?
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5174
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], SuffolkStag, tillydog123, wink68 and 24 guests