{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Clownty

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clownty

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:04 pm

Thought county spent loads of ladbrookes cash when they were sponsored. when they had sheridan in charge and his band of merry men
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:56 pm

I don't think County's budget is anywhere near our budget this season. Nolan is doing a good job at the moment but can he keep it up?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:48 am

Depth in the squad a few injuries n a couple of suspensions that's when you'll see the bed wetters stumble but hats off to Nolan he seems to have found the right mix of players that have gelled quickly.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:50 am

Spiritater wrote:They've a decent man in charge. The transformation since Nolan took charge is quite marked.
The players are responding to him.

If Clownty are top half/in or around the playoffs come Jan then his acheivement will overshadow anything Evo does if Evo doesnt acheive an automatic spot considering the budgets afforded to each.

Why have you turned a thread about our neighbours into a slating of the manager of our club?
Give it a rest man.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 am

I thought the same to be honest.
The most stealth dig at Evans yet.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:52 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:I thought the same to be honest.
The most stealth dig at Evans yet.

Tricky when he's still carrying a semi for Coxie
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I don't think County's budget is anywhere near our budget this season. Nolan is doing a good job at the moment but can he keep it up?

My point was that when you take out the 'top up' that JR has put in (to the tune of £1m+ at least), then there 'base' budget is bigger that ours.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:11 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:They've a decent man in charge. The transformation since Nolan took charge is quite marked.

If Clownty are top half/in or around the playoffs come Jan then his acheivement will overshadow anything Evo does if Evo doesnt acheive an automatic spot considering the budgets afforded to each.

Why have you turned a thread about our neighbours into a slating of the manager of our club?
Give it a rest man.

Hey I have an opinion. My opinion is with the funds given to each manager then if Clownty finish above us (they probably won't) then Nolan will have overshadowed anything Evo does. I'm slating no one. Nothing has been acheived yet by anyone, let's wait and see.

And 'Give it a rest man' implies I've slated Evans all the time he's been here. But then again I suppose your blinkers only let you see what you want to see.

Anyway have you booked for Assen this year?
Showdown looking a bit interesting with Shakey's DNF in Race 2 at Caddy don't you think.
Last edited by Spiritater on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:17 pm

Jamie wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I don't think County's budget is anywhere near our budget this season. Nolan is doing a good job at the moment but can he keep it up?

My point was that when you take out the 'top up' that JR has put in (to the tune of £1m+ at least), then there 'base' budget is bigger that ours.

Is it or is it not part of the bugdet 'top up' or not?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:23 pm

Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Give it a rest man.

Hey I have an opinion. My opinion is with the funds given to each manager then if Clownty finish above us (they probably won't) then Nolan will have overshadowed anything Evo does. I'm slating no one. Nothing has been acheived yet by anyone, let's wait and see.

And 'Give it a rest man' implies I've slated Evans all the time he's been here. But then again I suppose your blinkers only let you see what you want to see.

Anyway have you booked for Assen this year?
Showdown looking a bit interesting with Shakey's DNF in Race 2 at Caddy don't you think.

I'm unable to make Assen as I fly back from USA on the Friday and start my new job on the Monday.

I'm going to Silverstone on Friday and having lunch with John Hopkins' mum then up to the Grimsby game.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:16 am

Jamie wrote:

Hardly be anything in it, County have not been well ran for a long time.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:34 pm

The second very harsh sending off at Meadow Lane this season. Ryan Yates heads Billy Knott's boot and Knott unluckily gets sent off. Mekhi McLeod was also very harshly sent off at Meadow Lane for Accrington. I'm hoping that County's good fortune runs out this week at Exeter and Field Mill.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:05 pm

Nolan is doing a good job. I like him as a person too but when Jorge Grant gets injured I can see them struggling a bit. I said on another thread it's not how you start, it's how you finish and I still think they will finish around 7th/8th place.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:22 am

Notts are getting good results but my Notts supporting colleague can't believe it. He tells me they are an average side with Grant making the difference.

Roll on Saturday, come on you Stags
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:04 am

oldweststander wrote:Notts are getting good results but my Notts supporting colleague can't believe it. He tells me they are an average side with Grant making the difference.

It has to be said that we look average also. We certainly do not look a slick, shexy, 'cut them open at will' sort of side atm. Let's hope Saturday is a day where we gel, it's about time we did.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 am

:shock: :shock:
whats that all about ,when you know clownty are going to sell out MTFC send initial allocation of 1,104 :oops:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/20 ... nsfield-a/

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:15 am

Spiritater wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Notts are getting good results but my Notts supporting colleague can't believe it. He tells me they are an average side with Grant making the difference.

It has to be said that we look average also. We certainly do not look a slick, shexy, 'cut them open at will' sort of side atm. Let's hope Saturday is a day where we gel, it's about time we did.

Correct Spiro. We have the quality but mix not right at the moment. We need Evo to find his team and stick with it. First half Saturday we looked like eleven strangers picked off car park and asked "fancy a game?"
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:31 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::shock: :shock:
whats that all about ,when you know clownty are going to sell out MTFC send initial allocation of 1,104 :oops:

Looks like they're struggling to flog em to me
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:14 am

Obviously they'll sell out.

The early KO will assist with the fans getting back to the care homes earlier than normal too.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:25 am

adamstag wrote:Obviously they'll sell out.

The early KO will assist with the fans getting back to the care homes earlier than normal too.

Doesn't assist me as I can't make it. I abhor these early kick offs.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::shock: :shock:

Looks like they're struggling to flog em to me

They are. They're still on general sale at the moment!

It should be a decent game but both teams haven't set the division alight thus far, which is good considering where we are!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:22 pm

I read on Facebook that the Ian Greaves stand is nearly sold out in the blocks available to buy from online. Hope this is true, we should be looking at 6500+ at the very least.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:51 pm

If this game doesn't sell out....then something is tragically wrong.
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Just looked on Stags tickets and there is literally the odd seat available in the IGL. Why don't they sell tickets for all the blocks though? Some folk might see it and think it's a sell out.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Remind me again why the away end has been reduced in capacity by 40pc. If it is on police orders or officialdom, the club should sue for the lost revenue.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum