{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Gabbitas Gate -Closed 1PM + F/T for 20 minutes

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Gabbitas Gate closed Grimsby game 9 am - 3.30 pm

Postby wardy12345 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:18 pm

I didn't think that there was much if any trouble at the one call unless luton or chesterfield was in town

:coys:
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:50 am

:( God forbid never :(
:?: terrorism attack :?:
what if they came in from Quarry lane end and waited for the game to end and thousands of supporters coming out the stands and you after to run to escape .
first thoughts would be to escape to the Retail park ,be unsafe to go back into stands because you might be followed back in.
:roll: :roll: PC Gabbitas you have locked the gate :roll: :roll:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:48 am

Bros wrote:The 1pm ko and the closing of the gate came up at the meeting last night. For police recommendations read police insistence. Apparently we have a higher proportion of hooligans than other clubs

This one leaves me a bit puzzled. I know that there are always a few who let the club down and of course we have to anticipate things getting out of hand.
But how come I've been to most home matches and a fair number of away games over the last few years and yet rarely seen any sign of trouble in Stags supporters areas (or outside the ground)? There's been the odd scuffle with stewards and a few smoke bombs. I've never even seen a flare thrown, even though we're told that we're one of the worst for that.
But the North Stand is a different matter, with regular misbehaviour.
Yet it's us that seems to have the terrible reputation. Have I just been incredibly lucky in avoiding incidents?
Last edited by Bradders on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:36 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::( God forbid never :(
:?: terrorism attack :?:
what if they came in from Quarry lane end and waited for the game to end and thousands of supporters coming out the stands and you after to run to escape .
first thoughts would be to escape to the Retail park ,be unsafe to go back into stands because you might be followed back in.
:roll: :roll: PC Gabbitas you have locked the gate :roll: :roll:

Were all in favour of common sense Commandant Gabbitas. When are you going to start using it?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:02 am

Bradders wrote:
Bros wrote:The 1pm ko and the closing of the gate came up at the meeting last night. For police recommendations read police insistence. Apparently we have a higher proportion of hooligans than other clubs

This one leaves me a bit puzzled. I know that there are always a few who let the club down and of course we have to anticipate things getting out of hand.
But how come I've been to most home matches and a fair number of away games over the last few years and yet rarely seen any sign of trouble in Stags supporters areas (or outside the ground)? There's been the odd scuffle with stewards and a few smoke bombs. I've never even seen a flare thrown, even though we're told that we're one of the worst for that.
Yet it's us that seems to have the terrible reputation. Have I just been incredibly lucky in avoiding incidents?

We definitely have a large number of imbeciles who attach themselves to our club particularly when the bigger games arrive. I've seen trouble or potential trouble at almost every game where there has been a decent sized crowd and only the intervention of the Police and Stewards have prevented a mass brawl. These people are dragging our club down and instead of attacking the Police, it is these blots on the football landscape we should be attacking.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:13 am

What is this guy on? Are we playing at field mill or Afghanistan!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:39 am

Rob wrote:
Bradders wrote:

We definitely have a large number of imbeciles who attach themselves to our club particularly when the bigger games arrive. I've seen trouble or potential trouble at almost every game where there has been a decent sized crowd and only the intervention of the Police and Stewards have prevented a mass brawl. These people are dragging our club down and instead of attacking the Police, it is these blots on the football landscape we should be attacking.

So, all these restrictions being imposed by the plod have not improved the behaviour of a (small) number of socially-inadequate, so-called fans? Plod Solution? Restrict further the number of fans in the North Stand. Kick off before dawn. Close all the gates. Treat all fans as terrorists. Then, after the game, mix all the away fans with the very same small number of brain-dead home fans on Portland Street. Brilliant!

You know who the tw-ats are. Deal with them. Don't treat our club like they are Millwall on steroids.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Looking at that missive from Gabbitas & the reports of OTT stewarding at games involving other clubs, it does make you wonder if the is intel on a terror threat.

If that were the case though it would be better if tge authorities just said so. Large crowds of cooperative & alert punters would he far easier to deal with than large crowds of beligerant people pissed off with the actions of a jobsworth in a hi-viz tabard.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Sneag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:It's a gate And it is shut. What is the big deal. Walk round and get a life.

End of.

The real Spartacus would never have taken such a passive approach when faced with a removed in a position of authority.

The Romans did for me in the Third Servile Wars and I ended up nailed to a bit of wood.
However now you have stirred my adrenaline I am more than in a mood to raise an army and march on Great Central Road. Burning buildings, snaring wenches, putting all to the sword. Will you join my army or will you sit behind a keyboard whilst other men free the good people of Mansfield?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:24 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Sneag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:It's a gate And it is shut. What is the big deal. Walk round and get a life.

End of.

The real Spartacus would never have taken such a passive approach when faced with a removed in a position of authority.

The Romans did for me in the Third Servile Wars and I ended up nailed to a bit of wood.
However now you have stirred my adrenaline I am more than in a mood to raise an army and march on Great Central Road. Burning buildings, snaring wenches, putting all to the sword. Will you join my army or will you sit behind a keyboard whilst other men free the good people of Mansfield?

Do I get a Tony Curtis wig? If so count me in. :)
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:44 pm

Perhaps someone who has a contact with the SAG or mr police man Gabbitas himself, can ask how on earth am I safer walking into 3-400 Grimsby town fans coming from the retail park as we head up from Quarry Lane.

Its the most ridiculous situation and I heard several comments from opposition supporters along the same lines as we passed.

There will be a major flashpoint one day on that road that leads onto Nottm Road and the police will all be scratching their heads as to how it happened.

Needs addressing.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Upper West » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Perhaps someone who has a contact with the SAG or mr police man Gabbitas himself, can ask how on earth am I safer walking into 3-400 Grimsby town fans coming from the retail park as we head up from Quarry Lane.

Its the most ridiculous situation and I heard several comments from opposition supporters along the same lines as we passed.

There will be a major flashpoint one day on that road that leads onto Nottm Road and the police will all be scratching their heads as to how it happened.

Needs addressing.

It will happen one day. Wasn't there some trouble around there when we put Tranmere out of the league?
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby M E » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Heard rumours that PC Gabbitas had offered to do a fans forum, can anyone confirm or deny this? I think it could be interesting, maybe Alan Lakin could turn up as well.
M E
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:25 am

Sneag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
Sneag wrote:

End of.

Do I get a Tony Curtis wig? If so count me in. :)

Amazon only do the wig as a set with the purple toga. So if you are prepared to wear both........We march!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:13 pm

:lol: you guessed it

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: The Gabbitas Gate closed Clownty game 9 am - 3.30 pm

Postby BELSE » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 pm

about time we got a digger and rip it down and then use it as a right of way
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:43 pm

PC Gabbitas - Why don't you leave it open and post a couple of hundred fellow officers there, taken from the 1,000's on duty?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Does this flipping idiot even know where Nottingham is?
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:32 pm

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/ ... mps-528523

how can they take 4,000 + to notts and still kick off at 3pm ?
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:34 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/imps-were-fighting-fellow-imps-528523

how can they take 4,000 + to notts and still kick off at 3pm ?

AND the week before this, lincoln fans attacking a team bus? you couldn't make this raspberries up

Does PC Grab an ass just stand next to the gate all week with his phone waiting to lock it ? seems like that's all he does
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:38 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: you guessed it

just to clarify ,in order to stop opposing supporters clashing at the corner of the west and north stands

Can all County supporters please go north from quarry lane along Portland road to the retail park

and can all stags fans coming from town please go south from the retail park along Portland rd to quarry lane .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:55 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: you guessed it

just to clarify ,in order to stop opposing supporters clashing at the corner of the west and north stands

Can all County supporters please go north from quarry lane along Portland road to the retail park

and can all stags fans coming from town please go south from the retail park along Portland rd to quarry lane .

And after the game can ALL fans please proceed to nottingham road where all of our segregation work falls to peices
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:42 pm

I'm confused as to which gate he means.

Doesn't he normally put a picture on to demonstrate the gate in question?
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:45 pm

This comes as a huge relief. The ramifications of leaving this gate open could have posed a serious threat on all of humanity.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:57 pm

coaches could easily be filled right outside quarry lane could they not ?
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum